The last few weeks have been pretty rough on my two go-to film review/news sites.

The increasingly unreadable Hit Fix ended Motion/Captured when they fired Drew McWeeney, who used to go by Moriarty back when Ain't It Cool News was worth reading. His reviews were great, his commentary was insightful and his view towards rumors was refreshingly balanced (no doubt because of his time during his wilder years at AICN).

And now, Devin Feraci, has lost his job as EIC of Birth. Death. Movies. after it was revealed he'd done the exact thing to a woman he was mocking Trump for talking about. While Feraci was often a arrogant blow-hard and bully, I found his film criticism and commentary really well considered and thoughtful.

Now, I am sure Hit Fix and Birth Death Movies will continue, but the main draw for both of these sites were McWeeney & Feraci. Whenever a new movie came out, those two were the first people I would check to find out if the movie was worth watching.

Anybody have any recommendations for movie sites that don't waste my time with gossip or click-bait rumors? I am interested in solid reviews with good articles about film. Currently, I am reading Slashfilm, which has decent news articles, but the reviews and commentary are lacking. The AV Club is also pretty good for commentary, but their reviews are so insufferably pretentious, they rarely embrace the pulpy films I love.