Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Anyone know when the next Hellboy LE is going to come out?

Anyone know when the next Hellboy LE is going to come out?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

If they do, they aren't telling anyone.

We've had no news on a Library Edition 7. We don't even know what shape that might take at this point. Hellboy in Mexico + the OGNs? All of Hellboy in Hell? It is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

I'm pretty sure they said Hellboy in Hell will get it's own Library Edition, but I could be wrong. I swear I remember reading that.

I hope it's released as Hellboy in Hell Library Edition 1 or something, instead of being #7. Seems like that'd throw off any that came after.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said Hellboy in Hell will get it's own Library Edition, but I could be wrong. I swear I remember reading that.
    I feel to have read such in interviews as well.

But I also feel Hellboy in Mexico should see its own Library Edition, which would seem to need release prior, perhaps as added with I'd guess Hellboy: Masks and Monsters.

The second Hellboy in Hell: the Death Card TPB has only been released last week, with an all-new epilogue same as in the SDCC HC version I presume, which is lovely.
    So as such the Hellboy in Hell Lib Ed could be a while yet before seeing its release?

Then all the 4 Hellboy OGNs combined, Gianni's one expected for 2017 could also make up their own Library Edition? Next to perhaps Hellboy & the B.P.R.D.?
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Thanks guys
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Not only does Hellboy & The BPRD deserve Library Editions, but I'd love to see the few BPRD stories that are basically Hellboy stories in all but title collected with the rest of the Hellboy stories in the Library Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    The second Hellboy in Hell: the Death Card TPB has only been released last week, with an all-new epilogue same as in the SDCC HC version I presume, which is lovely.
    Ugh... seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ugh... seriously?
    Same as how every major Hellboy TPB (aside of the "And Other" story collections) has been made to contain an added epilogue over the single issues, yes. Being usually lusterful gems. This displeases you?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 10-09-2016 at 01:33 PM.

I checked my SDCC Hellboy in Hell vol. 2: The Death Card HC and the epilogue is not a new story, it's "HiH: The Exorcist of Vorsk" which was originally published in Dark Horse Presents #16.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-4...se-Presents-16
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 10-09-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Oh okay. I was going to ask if that's what it was. Is it at the end of the issue it seemed to follow, or the end of the book?

Kees, no it didn't displease me, I just wanted to read it if there was more to be read.

It's between issue #10 and the sketchbook.

Interesting. I thought it sat perfectly between 8 and 9.

Thanks for the info, guys!

I also remember reading the next Hellboy LE will be Hellboy in Hell, but I don't know when.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I checked my SDCC Hellboy in Hell vol. 2: The Death Card HC and the epilogue is not a new story, it's "HiH: The Exorcist of Vorsk" which was originally published in Dark Horse Presents #16.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-4...se-Presents-16
    No, apart from that story and the collected HiH issues there's an extra couple of pages added. Not an epilogue but a prologue actually, so I said that wrong.
    You see, HiH #6 starts with "Somewhere in Hell", whereas this prologue (at the beginning of the book) starts with "Prologue".

You're right! There's a 3 page prologue before issue #6 that I've never seen before. Thanks.