Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I agree that the West isn't giving Asians enough opportunities to be leads in American movies. Andy Lau is a English speaking Asian film star that got a American agent back in the nineties. He said all the roles he got offered were terrible stereotypes so he just decided to stick to making films in Asia.
    Most people in Asia aren't complaining about Hollywood films because they have representation in their own regions films.

I can perfectly understand why Asian Americans feel under-represented or denied opportunities as they have a legitimate cause to. As progressive as Hollywood makes it's self out to be it is still a very white male dominated and driven industry.
    Excellently put, sir. Well said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm an Asian. And I have a problem with it.
    Okay...where's the rest?

I have a feeling it won't matter how many sources you provide.

I don't know why people get so up in arms over silly stuff like this though. If there was a movie company in Japan, China, Russia, Africa, Germany,,,,,wherever, and they had nothing but white Americans being portrayed as the bad guys, my give a **** meter would still be on zero. People need to have thicker skin than trying to find something to get butthurt about.

So ... with Diamondback getting a power upgrade from the crazy doctor, could Weaver be a Serpent Society character? Maybe they'll be the big bad for Defenders instead of the Hand? Or maybe with the Hand?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I want her to be everyone's favorite fuzzy hair girl slash floating man: Yandroth!

After four or five feet on the ground series, get frigging weird with it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I have a feeling it won't matter how many sources you provide.
    I have a feeling you're right.

I really dont get how ninjas being asian is offensive. The problem is there are almost no Asian leads in hollywood, and not alot of big supporting roles. I always found it weird how underrepresented asian are in hollywood outside kung fu movies. I mean as far as racists go in america there are groups of people they hate alot more then asians. Blacks and Jewish people probaly top the list for most hate groups(historically, muslims and mexicans are getting alot of attention now) they have way better representation then people of asian decent. Is there any theorys on why asians get the short stick as far as minorities go?