Thread: Video Ads?

Default Video Ads?

Is this a new thing on CBR? Recently I'm getting all these video ads on my open CBR tabs. it looks like it happens in the banner ads, but I'm not getting the full video it's cut off but I can hear the sound. This catches me off guard because usually I have music playing or something else than this noise/ad starts.

I don't mind banner ads or other ads but these surprise video adverts can be annoying. I either exit CBR or mute. Is there a way to block these ads?

Thanks
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

If you use Firefox browser, try the Adblock Plus add-on. You can decide and then set it to always block the dynamic (video and audio) ads or not. It will also show you what items are blockable in a site and select those that you want to block. You can easily turn it on and off for a site...it stays at where you last set it for that site until you change it, pretty simple. I think it's better than trying to change the browser preferences, which doesn't always accomplish what you're aiming for.

I use Adblock on Google Chrome and it keeps the annoyance down. It helped speed up loading on the old version of the site, too.

Video ads are the new bane of the internet like pop ads used to be. These damn things eat up bandwith and are difficult to get rid of.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Spectacular Member

There are many types of formats, and new ones being created all the time. It's difficult for browsers and apps to keep up with the blocking tools...just like keeping up with hackers.

Ultimate Member

The ones on CBR are particularly annoying for me, since three or four will load up at the same time and talk over each other, a few seconds apart, so even if I wanted to hear John Bolton's opinion on Iran, I couldn't understand it anyway, since he's basically singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat over himself. It's just not worth visiting the main page anymore.