Default How would you write a Spider Man movie if given the chance?

I would probably go along with a Spider Man The Animated(from the 90's) series story line. Where Norman Osborn is a relatively okay guy but under the Kingpin's thumb. I would also have the Hob Goblin as the villain of the first film and Green Goblin as the villain in the second. Ultimately the films would have a goblin in each film and be focused on Peter's personal relationships. For the first film I'd have Hob Goblin start out as an enemy for Kingpin and then have him switch sides. Then after kidnapping Harry he gets betrated and switches sides again. The film would end with Norman Osborn's "Death" and the second would start with a debut of the Green Goblin and have a big mystery as to who the Green Goblin is ultimately Harry finally learns his fahter is not dead was under Fisks thumb but his father dies and he goes even more off the deep end.

For a third movie I'd have a plot similar to third movie but I'd have more focus on both Peter and Harry and their respective journey's through the plot. I'd use the symbiote as a metaphor for drug abuse and have Peter using it to ignore his problems until he finally hit his rock bottom and realized he needed to get rid of it which would happen close to the end. After wards he'd have a final fight with a Harry and he'd end up losing his friend cut to the scene where Brock becomes Venom and cue the credits. The Fourth Film would be about Venom and would be a sort of karma is a bitch story line for Peter and the fifth and final film would be a Carnage storyline where Venom and Spiderman work together to fight Carnage.

Curious.
    Well it depends.
    If this was divorced from the rest of the Marvel world, there's a few things I'd like to see. If it was connected to the MCU, then another. Plus, it depends on the context that the other characters exist in.

I'd like to start it off in high school, Freshman year. Then go from there, with some traditional and updated versions of various characters- supporting characters and villains.

So, this would be a fourth Spider-Man?

I think it would be possible to differentiate a new iteration of Spider-Man's origins from the Raimi and Webb films by going in more depth about who Peter Parker is before he gets bitten by the radioactive spider, and what happens to him before Uncle Ben is killed. I'd borrow a lot from Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 1, with some exploration of the people affected by Spider-Man's rise (maybe adding Crusher Hogan's story from Tangled Web #14.) The main villain would be a super-powered crook Spider-Man decides to take on after realizing that with great power comes great responsibility. It would ideally be someone who hasn't been in an earlier film, because it would already by retreading a lot of older territory. Vulture and Shocker make a lot of sense, but they're popping up in Homecoming. Doctor Octopus could have ties to the origin. Hydroman or Hammerhead can fit the bill.

A sequel could have the Green Goblin, exploring what happens when someone bad knows Peter's secret.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

iMan 42s

If I could do anything I wanted then Peter Parker would be long established. We all know who he is and so I wouldn't even mention the origin.
    My idea is more the ramifications that Spider-man has on the world for better or worse. We all know the good he has done and will continue to do but does that have any major consequences beyond some super villains? Flash forward to 2099 and the framing would primarily be on Miguel O'hara. Miguel would go to the past to change something Spider-man is responsible for (maybe something with Parker Industries), and thus we learn more about Spider-man through an outsiders viewpoint. The antagonist would as well be Spider-man as the focus is on Spider-man doing something that causes conflict in the future, and Miguel having such a different mind set and approach to being Spider-man would come into conflict with Peter. At the end it comes down to the decision of deciding what is better for history as a whole, and leaving it up to the audience to decide who is right.

Kind of like Edge of time where it can very well be a one-off kind of story.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

I WOULD NOT repeat the origin story to take up a good chunk of the first part of the movie. I just wouldn't. I mean, I would do flashback scenes, but seriously, it feels so redundant how many times they do the origin story when people don't even need to read a spider-man comic to know the origin.

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    I WOULD NOT repeat the origin story to take up a good chunk of the first part of the movie. I just wouldn't. I mean, I would do flashback scenes, but seriously, it feels so redundant how many times they do the origin story when people don't even need to read a spider-man comic to know the origin.
    I have the reverse view. We've seen the origin, but in other movies certain parts get glossed over in order to get it out of the way so Spider-Man can fight the green mad scientist who discovers his secret identity. We haven't seen him enjoy his fame, or that period where he thinks that his life would be radically different than what it ends up becoming.

It could be a Spider-Man movie where he doesn't realize he'll be a superhero until the end of Act Two.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I would start up the story where Peter has been Spider-man for a while already. Not years and years, but he's been around, he's got some wins under his belt. People know who he is.

I would start the movie with an action sequence against a supervillain, one that probably couldn't headline his own movie. Jack O'Lantern, Morbius, Swarm, Boomerang, something like that. Right as Spider-man wins and has his big moment of victory, we cut to that same image being on the cover of the Daily Bugle, where Jameson has his headline blaming the whole thing on Spider-man.

No Osborns. No Harry. No Norman ... Maybe Ozzy if we can get him to do a cameo for a joke.

Spider-man is in school. I'm not sure if I want him to be in High or College, but he's there somewhere. Flash Thompson is making his life miserable as Peter, but is Spider-man's biggest fan.

No Mary Jane. I'd kind of like to see Either Betty or Felecia as the main girls.

I'd actually like to see Scorpion brought in as the main bad guy. He could be a sleazy bounty hunter that's supposed to bring Spider-man in, but after being publiclty humilated by him, he undergoes some experiments to make him pay. If it's in the main marvel cinematic universe, we could even say they're using some bootleg black market imitations of the supersoldier serum and some badly reverse engineered armor they've recovered from some busted up Ironman scraps. Of course, there would be some nasty side effects to this treatment as well.

We could even say Felecia gets her powers this same way. As for WHO is doing this... maybe Jackal (who hasn't moved on to clones yet) or perhaps Dr. Octopus (who we keep mostly in shadows saving him for the sequel.)

Every one loves some good cameos.

If we can get Andrew Garfield or Toby MacGuire, I can see a scene where Jameson is ranted about not knowing who Spider-man is going " How do I know Spider-man isn't here right now?"

I forget where I saw it, but there was a scene in one Spider-man comic that I thought would make for a perfect Stan lee cameo. A guy is flirting with this girl, telling her, "Don't tell anybody this, but I'm really Spider-man" only to have the actual Spider-man burst though a wall fighting somebody. Then the guy say "Well, now I just feel stupid." That could make a for a good scene.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

The origin story is absolutely fine, the movies have inaccuracies on some details. If I do the origin in the movie, I would do it as close to the comic book origin as possible. I would have an actual burgular break into the Parker home and shoot Uncle Ben. Not the carjacker, and not retconning the burgular as not being who Spider-Man thought he was like in Spider-Man 3. Close to Spider-Man as in his original origin, with borrowing from the 1999 bit with Crusher Hogan, and yes, he would be called Crusher Hogan in my movie.

I would like to see if Nick Hammond looks old enough so that maybe he can play J. Jonah Jameson.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 10-10-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    The origin story is absolutely fine, the movies have inaccuracies on some details. If I do the origin in the movie, I would do it as close to the comic book origin as possible. I would have an actual burgular break into the Parker home and shoot Uncle Ben. Not the carjacker, and not retconning the burgular as not being who Spider-Man thought he was like in Spider-Man 3. Close to Spider-Man as in his original origin, with borrowing from the 1999 bit with Crusher Hogan, and yes, he would be called Crusher Hogan in my movie.

I would like to see if Nick Hammond looks old enough so that maybe he can play J. Jonah Jameson.
    Who is Nick Hammond?

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Aunt May has the flu. There's a calculus midterm tomorrow. Jameson wants pictures - pictures of Spider-Man. Oh, and a mysterious villain has kidnapped the mayor, and Spider-Man has been informed that he, and only he, can save him by going to a specified location where a deadly villain waits for him. And even if he wins, that only gets him the location of another deadly showdown...and another...and another...

Borrowing from ASM Annual #1, this provides a setup where Peter has to race from place to place, balancing his education, personal, and professional lives, and sets up a number of action setpieces with villains who couldn't carry a whole movie on their own - a car chase scene with Overdrive, a dimension-hopping duel with the Spot, or a brutal brawl with Stunner. Our unseen mystery villain turns out to be the Kingpin (Vincent D'Onofrio), and by the time of their final confrontation, Spider-Man is battered, bruised, and broken, putting him on an even footing with the brutal Fisk.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Who is Nick Hammond?
    The guy who played Spider-Man in the Amazing Spider-Man live-action TV series from the 1970s. That aside, I like Rob London's idea for a Spider-Man movie.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Aunt May has the flu. There's a calculus midterm tomorrow. Jameson wants pictures - pictures of Spider-Man. Oh, and a mysterious villain has kidnapped the mayor, and Spider-Man has been informed that he, and only he, can save him by going to a specified location where a deadly villain waits for him. And even if he wins, that only gets him the location of another deadly showdown...and another...and another...

Borrowing from ASM Annual #1, this provides a setup where Peter has to race from place to place, balancing his education, personal, and professional lives, and sets up a number of action setpieces with villains who couldn't carry a whole movie on their own - a car chase scene with Overdrive, a dimension-hopping duel with the Spot, or a brutal brawl with Stunner. Our unseen mystery villain turns out to be the Kingpin (Vincent D'Onofrio), and by the time of their final confrontation, Spider-Man is battered, bruised, and broken, putting him on an even footing with the brutal Fisk.
    This plot would probably make video game developers very happy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'd take a long hard look at Burton's 1989 Batman movie and embrace all the things it did for its title character in the same way as for Spider-Man. It didn't really have an origin story for Batman, not necessary. It embraced lots of campy elements but took them dead seriously. It had a romantic interest that ended up being interesting to both the main character and the main villain. It created a tonal universe that was memorable.

I'd have the villains be Chameleon and Mysterio. Double whammy of sneakiness and subterfuge for Spider-Man to deal with.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.