Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Oh, and I reeeeaallly wanted to hear the "Sanford and Son" theme song as Rick & co were packing up to leave
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I was kinda looking for a "touch my monkey" joke on Talking Dead. But then, I'm always looking for a "touch my monkey" joke
    I would have preferred Dana Carvey as Jimmy Stewart reciting poetry instead.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I would have preferred Dana Carvey as Jimmy Stewart reciting poetry instead.

That would have been good too
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    It has not been 7-8 years and the show has not been moving in real time. It wasn't even a year into the outbreak when Judith was born.
    The show jumped 6 months ahead after season #2 to not show the pregnancy of Lori. Remember ? They skipped over that and the winter we saw after season #2. In all...the show has moved forward. You can't have the characters age out and say , "Well its only been 2-3 years..." cause the characters aging don't work. Its not like the comics where you can hold them at certain ages.

And Kirkman himself seemed to sense he needed to age Carl there as he did a 2 year time jump. To get him closer to Carl onscreen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The show jumped 6 months ahead after season #2 to not show the pregnancy of Lori. Remember ? They skipped over that and the winter we saw after season #2. In all...the show has moved forward. You can't have the characters age out and say , "Well its only been 2-3 years..." cause the characters aging don't work. Its not like the comics where you can hold them at certain ages.

And Kirkman himself seemed to sense he needed to age Carl there as he did a 2 year time jump. To get him closer to Carl onscreen.
    I'm not saying they've never jumped forward, just that it's not moving in real time.

Judith was conceived shortly after the outbreak, if you're acknowledging that she's presently 2-3 years old then you can't logically claim the show is 7-8 years into the outbreak.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I'm not saying they've never jumped forward, just that it's not moving in real time.

Judith was conceived shortly after the outbreak, if you're acknowledging that she's presently 2-3 years old then you can't logically claim the show is 7-8 years into the outbreak.

Judith was conceived months after the Outbreak (either a month or two)...then a 9 month Pregnancy puts her at either 11 months to a year. I'd say its closer to 4 years that has moved. Due to Carl's aging then. Since were going there. So your right there in an aspect...it will be close to 4 years that has turned. But Riggs age presents a real problem right now...he looks like a 16/17 year old and not the 7-8 year old he was then.

Its an issue that they may do a time jump before season 8 and age Judith to 4-5 years old to get by that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

And maybe they should have killed Judith off to get by this situation back in season #3. This way , you wouldn't have a young kid rapidly age. I suggested a couple years ago they rotate different child actors to play a young Carl. Keep recasting every 2-3 seasons ...(that was when the show began)

Go look at some Walking Dead timeline sites, most will tell you it's been somewhere between 2.5 to 3 years (if even that).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-20-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Go look at some Walking Dead timeline sites, most will tell you it's been somewhere between 2.5 to 3 years (if even that).
    According to the stats Riggs was 10/11 when the show began. He would be the tallest , mature 12/13 year old right now. It would be more sensible to push the 4 year timeline of things. To push it that way. That way you can say...Carl is 14. (Riggs turns 18 this year).

So the best idea would be to do the time jump ahead 2 years. Because its gonna be funny to see Riggs playing a 14 or 15 year old in his 20's at this rate lol.

Is Jadis putting on a King Ezekial-like act with the way she talks or something? I like this new group, for a second I was worried when Rosita and the others started fighting, then I realized they don't even have guns. Of course, now that their agreement means Rick supplying them with guns, they will probably become enemies at some point in the future.

Loved Daryl's reunion with Carol! I completely understand why he lied to her and said everyone is fine, but Carol does deserve to know the truth at some point

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Loved Daryl's reunion with Carol! I completely understand why he lied to her and said everyone is fine, but Carol does deserve to know the truth at some point
    If the Saviors pay her a visit (via Richard's false flag or otherwise) she'll find out the hard way.

Solid episode.... But the CGI tiger looked even less convincing this,week imho.

Is Rick's hand going to get infected and need, you know, 'dealing with'?
    Last edited by The Celtic Batman; 02-20-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    If the Saviors pay her a visit (via Richard's false flag or otherwise) she'll find out the hard way.
    - Carol has already tangled with the Saviors & she tore through them like a buzz saw. She'll add to the body count & impress the hell out of Negan. Nevertheless, they will eventually capture her & Ezekiel will lose his proverbial shit & declare war. Daryl will find out & rally the Hilltop, after Maggie eventually takes over.

- Carol getting captured will be the tipping point to the WAR.

- I see a return to Tara's "Amazons" very soon for those sweet, sweet firearms. Rick will get it out of her. Big fight with the Amazons coming soon. Perhaps another group to join the Allaince?

- The Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) really, really disturb me for some reason. I would not be surprised to find out they are revealed to actually be the "Whisperers" at the season finale. GPK has a certain malevolent nihilism creeping just under their surface. They will fight with the Alliance because the Saviors are too big for them to take alone.

But once it's all over...we will see their true "face".

DEADPOOL LIST for Season 7: Tara & Sasha & possibly Aaron.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 02-21-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post

Is Rick's hand going to get infected and need, you know, 'dealing with'?
    I don't want Rick to lose his hand because I've always hated that part of the book, for reasons I'm not really sure why. But that actually be an original way for the show to introduce it and do it. They don't bring any attention to it until it's suddenly a problem he has to deal with.

I laughed a lot when the leader was suddenly disgusted at shaking Rick's bloody hand. I mean, you live in a giant friggin trash yard but this is somehow too far for her!
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't think Rick will ever lose his hand. Kirkman has said many times he wishes he had not even done it in the comics at this point and they never even considered doing it on the show.

As for the timeline on the show I am thinking that it's only been three maybe four years since Rick woke up from the comma. Remember a lot of the stuff that has gone down during the seasons happened really close together like days, weeks.