Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wow not one comment on tonight's episode??
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This episode has been good as it shows Negan really likes Carl as a kid. Perhaps he sees himself in some of Carl as we watch. He also details his RULE system more as we see THE IRON . The way Morgan plays him , either Negan tries to play a psycho leader , to make the Saviors fear him or...he's a psycho. Its one of those things we will see more of the next episodes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This may be the unpopular opinion, but JDM is a horrible Negan. For me, he is almost unbearable to watch.

At this point I have pretty much lost any excitement going into each episode and watching feels more like a chore.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    This may be the unpopular opinion, but JDM is a horrible Negan. For me, he is almost unbearable to watch.
    I don't know if I find him unbearable, but his performance is pure parody. I can't tell if I'm watching the real show or an SNL sketch half the time...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I like his overall Negan personality.

But he is not physically imposing, and he always does this weird sway/lean thing whenever he wants to show mock surprise at what another character as done or he thinks he's driving home some point.

The costumer has done a lot with that jacket. When I see JDM interviewed, sitting in jeans and a shirt, he looks like a soft breeze could take him down.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I don't know if I find him unbearable, but his performance is pure parody. I can't tell if I'm watching the real show or an SNL sketch half the time...
    Yep.

I tried and come back to this show because of Negan but... its doing nothing for me.

I think I sat on my tablet playing Future Fight than I actually watched the show.

Probably won't bother anymore TBH
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Wow not one comment on tonight's episode??
    It's a Negan episode. That means its the same thing over and over. Negan goofing around torturing people and the B story is them slowly gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This episode has been good as it shows Negan really likes Carl as a kid. Perhaps he sees himself in some of Carl as we watch. He also details his RULE system more as we see THE IRON . The way Morgan plays him , either Negan tries to play a psycho leader , to make the Saviors fear him or...he's a psycho. Its one of those things we will see more of the next episodes.
    Negan has always been interested in Carl and Daryl from the start because those two show that they have a bit of anger that he can use.
    This seems to be his MO, grab a couple of people from a camp and turn them.

At this point I have pretty much lost any excitement going into each episode and watching feels more like a chore.
    Was Negan like this in the comics? Like the issues were just him messing around with people for a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I like his overall Negan personality.

But he is not physically imposing, and he always does this weird sway/lean thing whenever he wants to show mock surprise at what another character as done or he thinks he's driving home some point.

The costumer has done a lot with that jacket. When I see JDM interviewed, sitting in jeans and a shirt, he looks like a soft breeze could take him down.
    The actor seems to have lost weight for some reason. And i really noticed yesterday when he was just walking around without his jacket.

Was just thinking this today. Negan of the TV show is also too old, as well as too skinny. Too bad Henry Rollins from 1989 didn't get the part.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Morgan is really better than the comic book version. Like the version of the Governor was better onscreen than the one in the comics , its the same here. You could watch Morgan chew scenery as Negan and discuss his love of Lucille. "Did you handle her right ?"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Eh, he's pure Negan. It's not as if the WD villains are all that complex.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Was just thinking this today. Negan of the TV show is also too old, as well as too skinny. Too bad Henry Rollins from 1989 didn't get the part.
    Too old? He's a young man still!

(ahem)
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Amazing Member

So, I haven't read the comics, just a TV guy here. Didn't even begin watching until this past June. All I saw after the season 6 finale was "Negan" and how he's one of the best comic characters of all time. I saw him on a few top 100 lists, usually pretty high. I was excited. With all of that said, I really, really want to like JDM as Negan, but it just doesn't work for me. To me it seems like he's over doing it. Trying a little too hard. Most of the time at least. There's a few moments here and there where he tones it down, and I really do like those moments though.

I understand the comic version was very over the top, so perhaps it has to be this way. I just think it could be a bit better if JDM reeled back in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Too old? He's a young man still!

(ahem)
    Without trying to be a jerk, take a serious look an "Early Forties" JDM playing The Comedian.

The years have caught up with the man.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Morgan is really better than the comic book version. Like the version of the Governor was better onscreen than the one in the comics , its the same here. You could watch Morgan chew scenery as Negan and discuss his love of Lucille. "Did you handle her right ?"
    Morgan is trully phenomenal. It's a role of a lifetime. Last episode, I just there watching him and he was mesmerising at everything he did. That scene with the kid in the comics was far weaker than what JDM did with it.

Negan must have been a fan of Schwarzenegger's Conan. "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women." That sounds like Negan's philosophy.