Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New animated Wonder Woman Movie on the way!

It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Retired

Except that it will likely be a straight to DVD release, rather than a theatrical release, as with most recent DC animated movies. And I'd argue that many DC properties, especially Wonder Woman, are worthy of the theatrical animated movie treatment--just as much as all the Disney princesses or the Lego characters.

I hope it starts from scratch and has nothing to do with that 2009 movie.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I hope it starts from scratch and has nothing to do with that 2009 movie.
    I 100% agree, as long as it doesn't feel the need to explore WW's origins yet again. I want to see a straight-up adventure with an established Wonder Woman. I've always felt The Hiketeia would make a great animated film, and it would include Batman since that's all the animators seem to care about these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I 100% agree, as long as it doesn't feel the need to explore WW's origins yet again. I want to see a straight-up adventure with an established Wonder Woman. I've always felt The Hiketeia would make a great animated film, and it would include Batman since that's all the animators seem to care about these days.
    They could just quickly retell the origin as part of the credits and then keep it moving.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Except that it will likely be a straight to DVD release, rather than a theatrical release, as with most recent DC animated movies. And I'd argue that many DC properties, especially Wonder Woman, are worthy of the theatrical animated movie treatment--just as much as all the Disney princesses or the Lego characters.
    'Except that?" I wouldn't really expect otherwise. They are all straight to video.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    They could just quickly retell the origin as part of the credits and then keep it moving.
    Sounds like it. i hope it's not old 52 either,

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

If they're going to adapt a classic story, then I'd nominate either The Hiketeia or League of One. Both great standalone stories. Both really showcase Diana's complexity as a character.

Yes, for Brett's sake, I will say that if they go with League of One, perhaps they should alter the story so that the dragon doesn't begin attacking until AFTER Diana has neutralized the other Leaguers!

Happy now, Brett?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

That's cool.

It took a while ... but ... better late than never

The Medusa arc from Rucka's first run could make a decent animated movie, as well. Hell, even Azz's run wouldn't be a bad choice for an adaptation, provided they refined a few of its more divisive aspects and gave Diana a more active role in events.
    Exit, pursued by a bear.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I just hope they don't use that horrid outfit the have stuck her in in the last several Justice League animated movies.

Mighty Member

The Circle would be the best choice for a pre existing storyline since it includes her origin but its not an origin story but Id also like just a nice new story set in mans world and she deals with someone from her classic rogue gallery and her supporting cast(i.e JUSTICE FOR ETTA)

Incredible Member

I hope that it's based on "League of One".

It includes Batman and Superman which should make DC happy (since they love showcasing those characters, especially Batman), but it's still very much a Wonder Woman story which demonstrates her values, intelligence and many skills. It's also a relatively straightforward and simple storyline, so it would work well for an animated film. The "villain" is also one that can shine in animation.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

As long as it's not an origin, I might check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think the Hiketeia would be a great choice for the DCEU. The thought of Gadot and Affleck acting it out makes me salivate.

Hiketeia would allow them to market the story as a BATMAN vs Wonder Woman movie, though I personally don't care for the story itself.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut