Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That report seems awfully tenuous.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

It will be part of their new Batman 66 line, most likely involving WW 77

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Except that it will likely be a straight to DVD release, rather than a theatrical release, as with most recent DC animated movies. And I'd argue that many DC properties, especially Wonder Woman, are worthy of the theatrical animated movie treatment--just as much as all the Disney princesses or the Lego characters.
    Literally all of the DC animated movies, save for a couple got straight to dvd releases.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Literally all of the DC animated movies, save for a couple got straight to dvd releases.
    Yeah only TKJ and Batman 66 got the theatrical treatment. A WW 77 flick could get that treatment but a simple WW film wont.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    It will be part of their new Batman 66 line, most likely involving WW 77
    Honestly, I'm cool with even that. It'd be a nice, kid-friendly movie that parents can watch with their kids. DC's doing a great job planting the seeds of future DC fans with things like DC Superhero Girls. If this movie follows that line, that's perfectly fine.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Oh PLEASE PLEASE let it be a Wonder Woman '77 Movie voiced by Lynda Carter!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Another thing to consider? There is a rumor that DC/WB is considering doing some DCEU-continuity animated movies. This could, potentially, be one of them. Right now, it's not a stretch to say that Wonder Gal is one of the most popular characters to come out of the DCEU. She'd be a good starting point for such an initiative.

If they can get Gal to do the voice work, it could be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Oh PLEASE PLEASE let it be a Wonder Woman '77 Movie voiced by Lynda Carter!
    Or this would work very nicely as well!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Is it wrong that I really want this to be R rated? Like a Pre-Flashpoint WW story with the tone of Azzarello's run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Another thing to consider? There is a rumor that DC/WB is considering doing some DCEU-continuity animated movies. This could, potentially, be one of them. Right now, it's not a stretch to say that Wonder Gal is one of the most popular characters to come out of the DCEU. She'd be a good starting point for such an initiative.

If they can get Gal to do the voice work, it could be pretty awesome.

Or this would work very nicely as well!
    Unlikely, there's no point in intermingling the animated and film line until the film line starts producing the desired results. Dont see DCEU animated films before 2020 tbh and that's assuming they'll go with them, I can however see test drive animated projects like Assault on Arkham and the upcoming JL Dark.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Is it wrong that I really want this to be R rated? Like a Pre-Flashpoint WW story with the tone of Azzarello's run.
    So, the Hiketeia.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Well, they seem to be giving arbitrary R-ratings to their recent DTV's, so you might just get your wish.

Extraordinary Member

"On the radar in some form or fashion" doesn't exactly translate as a confirmed solo movie.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I 100% agree, as long as it doesn't feel the need to explore WW's origins yet again. I want to see a straight-up adventure with an established Wonder Woman. I've always felt The Hiketeia would make a great animated film, and it would include Batman since that's all the animators seem to care about these days.
    Even if they did do Hiketeia, I would bet folding money that you won't see Batman getting the same #$$-kicking he got in the comic (twice).

More likely it would be some wildly improbable plot point where Batman first tries to use the prayer to avoid a fight, and then when that fails he and w Wonder Woman battle each other to a stalemate until the furies show up.

If the fates are especially unkind we might even get a gas grenade + gut kick combo that sees Diana seriously slowed down.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Even if they did do Hiketeia, I would bet folding money that you won't see Batman getting the same #$$-kicking he got in the comic (twice).

More likely it would be some wildly improbable plot point where Batman first tries to use the prayer to avoid a fight, and then when that fails he and w Wonder Woman battle each other to a stalemate until the furies show up.

If the fates are especially unkind we might even get a gas grenade + gut kick combo that sees Diana seriously slowed down.
    Nah. That's only if Bruce Timm is involved.

Heck, he'd probably take the Hiketeia and turn it into a straight-up Batman story, guest-starring Wonder Woman. .

This is the same guy who had a whopping ONE episode featuring one of Diana's deadliest foes and managed to make it all about Batman.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 10-16-2016 at 04:56 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Nah. That's only if Bruce Timm is involved.

Heck, he'd probably take the Hiketeia and turn it into a straight-up Batman story, guest-starring Wonder Woman. .

This is the same guy who had a whopping ONE episode featuring one of Diana's deadliest foes and managed to make it all about Batman.
    This is probably true - the story would begin in Gotham and only move to New York and Wonder Woman when that's where Batman went, ending with the subtle message that if Diana had just done what Batman said everything would have worked out.