Default A Moderator Note about the Finches and Azzarello - PLEASE READ

We need some folks to take a breath, take a step back and re-read the CBR Community Standards & Rules.

Contrary to the occasional rumor about power hungry Moderators, we do not like having to edit and/or delete posts, and we like it even less when we have to Ban posters who are otherwise solid contributors to the forums.

In the past 12 hours I have had to request bans for five posters, and several more of you are walking a fine line.

Whether you love or hate the prior work of the Finches or the current work of Azzarello and Chiang, you still need to stick to the rules, specifically:

1. No insults. This includes broad 'everyone who thinks this way is an idiot' type of posts. People will have opinions that differ from yours. Respect the posters and the opinions and discuss things like a mature comic book geek or risk being shown the door.

2. That goes double for insulting creators. Any personal commentary about the creators will be deleted and a ban will be requested. There is absolutely no reason to get personal about people you have never met over how they draw a character or what their writing resume looks like. If you don't like the artistic style or you find the writing to not be to your taste? That's fine to discuss. However, you are not to draw conclusions about the people behind the work based off of your opinion of it.

3. Pay attention to the public warnings. This has been the biggest problem for me over the past 24 hours. If we post warnings, we will back them up with ban requests. For example, in the 'Finch Wish List' thread there is a warning NOT to post anything along the lines of 'a short run on the book.' Yet lo and behold, I get up this morning and find that exact thing posted just a few messages after the warning. Warnings are there for a reason and if we don't reinforce them, they're pointless. I'd much rather we not have to post them in the first place, but once they're there, heed them well.

4. Repeating negativity is getting out of hand, especially the snarky one liners. No one is saying you can't have a negative opinion about something, but if you do, discuss it, don't just snipe. Those one liners are often the very definition of trolling which is banned on these forums.

Let's keep this place friendly and posts constructive so that we don't have to spend our mornings hacking/slashing/deleting posts while the tea grows cold

Thank you!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    We need some folks to take a breath, take a step back and re-read the CBR Community Standards & Rules.

Contrary to the occasional rumor about power hungry Moderators, we do not like having to edit and/or delete posts, and we like it even less when we have to Ban posters who are otherwise solid contributors to the forums.

In the past 12 hours I have had to request bans for five posters, and several more of you are walking a fine line.

Whether you love or hate the prior work of the Finches or the current work of Azzarello and Chiang, you still need to stick to the rules, specifically:

1. No insults. This includes broad 'everyone who thinks this way is an idiot' type of posts. People will have opinions that differ from yours. Respect the posters and the opinions and discuss things like a mature comic book geek or risk being shown the door.

2. That goes double for insulting creators. Any personal commentary about the creators will be deleted and a ban will be requested. There is absolutely no reason to get personal about people you have never met over how they draw a character or what their writing resume looks like. If you don't like the artistic style or you find the writing to not be to your taste? That's fine to discuss. However, you are not to draw conclusions about the people behind the work based off of your opinion of it.

3. Pay attention to the public warnings. This has been the biggest problem for me over the past 24 hours. If we post warnings, we will back them up with ban requests. For example, in the 'Finch Wish List' thread there is a warning NOT to post anything along the lines of 'a short run on the book.' Yet lo and behold, I get up this morning and find that exact thing posted just a few messages after the warning. Warnings are there for a reason and if we don't reinforce them, they're pointless. I'd much rather we not have to post them in the first place, but once they're there, heed them well.

4. Repeating negativity is getting out of hand, especially the snarky one liners. No one is saying you can't have a negative opinion about something, but if you do, discuss it, don't just snipe. Those one liners are often the very definition of trolling which is banned on these forums.

Let's keep this place friendly and posts constructive so that we don't have to spend our mornings hacking/slashing/deleting posts while the tea grows cold

Thank you!

Very well said!!! I freakin' love the new rules!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Posting something sarcastic and decidedly contrary on a Finch-likes list, knowing it will probably be hotly contested, is being provocative, in my opinion...

Bu-uut, ..it's also hi-jacking the thread! Someone sits down, sometimes for twenty or so minutes - and logging back in, God knows how many times - to articulate a single thought they've been sitting on, all day. It's a thought that they can't wait to share with the only people (us), who have the slightest idea what they're talking about, ..only to see their conversation derailed by another postor, without the slightest respect for their opinion. It's thread-jacking, and THAT is entirely unnecessary and disrespectful of the original postor (OP)...

Whom we might hopefully regard as a friend.

You can openly disagree with a fellow postor's remarks, with respect, honesty and courage, ..without driving your own snarky, baiting agenda through a backdoor. You can openly challenge a postor to better articulate their ideas, without trivializing the ideas or mischaracterizing their intentions. Who else is going to know what the reincarnation of the daughter of the first woman slain, by a man, from the Well of Souls into the enchanted clay of the Amazon island means, ..but, us? We're it. We're all, we've got here, ..and I think we should appreciate that peculiar predicament enough to treat each other with a modicum of respect.

Treat each thread as an invitation into your fellow postor's home, ..and your contributions will always be welcome.

Thanks, Gaelforce. Great post...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Speaking of thread jacking.

I've frankly had enough.

Every single day I'm going into threads about the upcoming DC changes or John Byrne's run or Gail Simone's run only to find those threads being hijacked by people who turn it to discussions of Azzarello's run.

I am not saying you cannot discuss Azzarello's run, but let's put an end to the thread-jacking. I get that some of you hated or loved his run, but that does not mean that you have to turn every single discussion into a discussion about what you loved/hated about a run that's over.

Feel free to discuss Azzarello's run in threads about Azzarello's run, or general threads about likes and dislikes about the character's history as a whole, but let's just put an end to turning every thread on this board into a war over a run that is over and done with, please.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

Thank you!
    Sounds more than fair and great post! Sometimes people get passionate about things and that passion can now and then be mis directed, taking a breather is never a bad idea!