View Poll Results: What did you think of this issue?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars! I absolutely loved it!

19 46.34%
  • 4 Stars. I really enjoyed it but it had a few minor issues.

10 24.39%
  • 3 Stars. I liked it, but it was pretty average.

9 21.95%
  • 2 Stars. I didn't really like it, but I saw at least some good stuff there.

2 4.88%
  • 1 Star. I hated it.

1 2.44%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I loved this issue. I wish there was a whole series just of Barbara, there is so much that could be done with her, before she was the Cheetah and during.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So that Victor guy was part of the Sear group mentioned in the last Year One issue, and he has a tattoo of the black tree on his chest. So that pretty much confirms that the tree is linked to Ares. We saw the tree at the end of the issue, so does that mean this is the same island Diana grew up on? Or is this a previous home of the Bana before they moved on?
    I think maybe it is Themyscira, but Barbara Anne can't see the Amazons because she's already "gone the wrong way." Nothing in the story outright states it, but maybe there's a flaw in her personality that makes it impossible for her to believe in magic and myth and thus join the Amazons, which is what she really seemed to want. Like deep down inside she still follows her father's order to put those things away, and can't open her heart to the gods. It's kind of awful to think that's she's spent her life chasing something that she might not truly believe in, but human nature can be strange like that.

Since Hippolyta is the tenth queen of the Amazons, and Lysippe is mentioned as the twelfth, I'm guessing the eleventh was Antiope after her faction left, before future generations eventually settled down to create the Bana-Mighdall.
    Oh yeah, definitely! That's nicely put.