Old Man Logan #12

Another solid issue from Lemire . There are few bloody battles, but mostly Logan inner feelings and introspection. Every time I read this series, inside me something is compressed. I really like this author.

The next issue will be the end of this story, and next is a story with vampires. I wonder what will happen to the boy - telepath? He will die or get to Storm school?

Last edited by Jumbo; 10-12-2016 at 06:50 AM.

when this run ends, it might be one of the few comics I buy in print.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-12-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I haven't picked this issue up yet, but I have enjoyed the series so far. 24 pages? So it is all exposition and Logan getting dropped over and over?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-12-2016 at 08:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I haven't picked this issue up yet, but I have enjoyed the series so far. 24 pages? So it is all exposition and Logan getting dropped over and over?
    There's a little bit of fighting while Logan berserks on the Future!Order, along with resolving the plot between Logan and Maureen. But yeah, a lot of it was Logan in the present getting introspective and being dropped over and over while the kid rants about how Logan kills him in the future.

The issue was solid. Less action but more introspectiion. Art was stunning as usual and colors also deserve a lot of praise. This is the only Marvel series i'm still reading
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-12-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Can't wait to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    when this run ends, it might be one of the few comics I buy in print.
    I'm definitely hoping for an oversized hardcover.

Well, if the kid is a telepath - he ain't a very good one to let this get so unnecessarily out of hand. I did not care for this installment at all and the often appealing stylized artwork felt messy here and made the transition between time periods look sloppy. We've seen 'Logan in a Well' story before so this was not especially inspired. And Lady Deathstrikes new Powerthrow ability seems very unlikely. Something interesting must happen to Sohei that changes him after this story to be such a threat to Wasteland's OML 'cuz here he just comes across as chump change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Well, if the kid is a telepath - he ain't a very good one to let this get so unnecessarily out of hand. I did not care for this installment at all and the often appealing stylized artwork felt messy here and made the transition between time periods look sloppy. We've seen 'Logan in a Well' story before so this was not especially inspired. And Lady Deathstrikes new Powerthrow ability seems very unlikely. Something interesting must happen to Sohei that changes him after this story to be such a threat to Wasteland's OML 'cuz here he just comes across as chump change.
    I think in a comic of mutants, telepaths, a guy with claws springing from his hands, and cyborgs a cybernetic arm being able to throw an arrow accurately is way down the scale of unbelievablity.

Another amazing issue. This will be a must read for any current or future Wolverine fans. A true addition to the pantheons of the character story and art wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm definitely hoping for an oversized hardcover.
    Me too! Me too!

Another great issue. I share the sentiment of the other posters on this thread. This is definitely a series that's worth buying in hardcover, softcover, or whatever other cover there may be. It's just that good. This book has just the right tone, just the right art, and just the right plot to strike all the right chords. It's Wolverine at his finest. He's brutal and brooding, but he also has heart. I hope the Logan movie next year matches this tone. This is how you bring out the best in Wolverine. At a time when the rest of the X-men are so badly screwed, books like this are so refreshing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It was good. But i want it over with. Im not caring for the antaginists. Also Lady D is still imo not written the way she should be. Art still is good. Im just waiting for the howling commandos/Jubilee arc to start

This series sets the bar IMO. The way the panels are laid out, the colors, it just sucks you in while still giving a pleasant mural to grab you when you flip the book open. From a story perspective this specific issue didn't really add that much ... nothing more than you pretty much pieced together already at least ... but the _way_ the story is being told is so masterful I don't mind in the slightest.

Still my most anticipated book of the month by a long shot.