View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Light District: 6 Issues (one-shot)

0 0%
  • Black Monday Murders #3

2 7.69%
  • Black Science #25

1 3.85%
  • The Fix #6

1 3.85%
  • The Fuse #22

0 0%
  • Glitterbomb #2

1 3.85%
  • Jupiter's Legacy Vol. 2 #4 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Kill Or Be Killed #3

3 11.54%
  • Lazarus #25

7 26.92%
  • Monstress #7

9 34.62%
  • Reborn #1

1 3.85%
  • Sex #32

0 0%
  • Shutter #23

1 3.85%
  • Southern Cross #8

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #100 (Image Giant-Sized Artists Proofs Edition)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    Black Monday Murders was mostly a revealing but rather dry interrogation sequence. Art-wise it was overloaded with shots of talking heads.

Kill or Be Killed was a decent character piece that centered on romantic entanglements, which made it more Soap Opera than supernatural/psychological vigilante story.

I liked both, but felt they were not as amazing as the previous chapters.

So with those eliminated, I’m left with the stellar Monstress and Lazarus. They are neck an neck, each was boosted by strong character moments and key plot points, and either introduced a scary threat (Lazarus) or set sail on a promising new phase of the series (Monstress)

Crap, this is a tough choice.

Monstress
    Solution: The Fix.

Thanks for the solution martianarts, but I didn't have a problem (I liked the comics I read) BTW: I have tried the Fix and it doesn't suit my tastes (too low-brow)
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 10-13-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastar View Post
    is Reborn a mini-series or an ongoing?
    Don't think anything has been said on the intended amount of issues. Judging from the past few Mark Millar projects with a high-profile artist, many of them tend to run for about 6 issues (Chrononauts, Huck, MPH, Starlight). However, the Jupiter's Legacy/Circle line is already 22 issues in with a notoriously slow artist doing about half of those. Capullo is a beast in terms of speed (Spawn and Batman were basically monthly full issues), so he could probably keep up for an extended run if the sales are good?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastar View Post
    is Reborn a mini-series or an ongoing?
    I remember reading somewhere that it is only going to be six issues but A television show is already in talks to be made. Can't provide a link though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    Black Monday Murders was mostly a revealing but rather dry interrogation sequence. Art-wise it was overloaded with shots of talking heads.
    There was heads doing other things, too... thunk.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Lazarus!
    seconded by Kill or Be Killed, and Southern Cross!

Lazarus is almost an automatic vote these days. whew!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Yeah, Lazarus for me too. Nothing extraordinary... no real big reveals, aside from a nice tease at the end... but a damn good, solid (yet ho-hum) issue from Rucka and Lark.

Voted for Monstress! Great to have this series back looking just as great as when the previous arc wrapped. Big issue too in terms of story and character developments. If anyone is looking for a dense fantasy world with some nasty hooks & barbs, this continues to be a great option.

Monstress just shades it over Lazarus for me.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Black Monday Murders #3
    Black Science #25
    The Fix #6
    Kill Or Be Killed #3

My vote went to Kill or be Killed, overall a really strong week for Image, enjoyed the end of Black Science Arc, curious to see what will happen next :-)

This week it was Monstress #7 and Southern Cross #8 for me.

As much as I enjoyed how Southern Cross is staying strong, I gave my vote to Monstress. That series just seems to be doing everything so well: great art, a captivating story, and engaging characters. This next arc is off to a fantastic start.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex