View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Light District: 6 Issues (one-shot)

0 0%
  • Black Monday Murders #3

2 7.69%
  • Black Science #25

1 3.85%
  • The Fix #6

1 3.85%
  • The Fuse #22

0 0%
  • Glitterbomb #2

1 3.85%
  • Jupiter's Legacy Vol. 2 #4 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Kill Or Be Killed #3

3 11.54%
  • Lazarus #25

7 26.92%
  • Monstress #7

9 34.62%
  • Reborn #1

1 3.85%
  • Sex #32

0 0%
  • Shutter #23

1 3.85%
  • Southern Cross #8

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #100 (Image Giant-Sized Artists Proofs Edition)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 41 - Millar & Capullo launch Reborn

Welcome back to the weekly Image poll, let's chat about our favourite new comics released this week!

Last week saw many titles getting a vote or two, but The Autumnlands #13 grabbed the most of 'em! The Busiek/Dewey series always wins a few polls throughout the year, so sounds like it's remaining a popular series.

This week a bunch is happening: Black Monday Murders ánd Kill Or Be Killed are both reprinting all their previous issues so far to accompany this week's new one. Sounds like both of these series are enjoying great sales success right off the bat! Eclipse and Glitterbomb are also getting reprints, so looks like there's more demand for those than retailers estimated too!
    Furthermore: Black Science ends another storyline and reaches the 25 issues milestone, Jupiter's Legacy Volume 2 hits its penultimate issue, and both Shutter and Monstress return with brand-new storylines this week. Lastly, for process-fans, The Walking Dead #100 is getting a giant oversized artist's proofs reprint.

In the brand-new category we find 2 things this week:
    First up is Black Light District: 6 Issues. This is actually just 1 issue, but the one-shot presents 6 short stories meant to accompany Jesse Blaze Snider's "Black Light District" music EP. This is billed as a 'groundbreaking online comics/music anthology' crossover, but there's definitely a print version too? Very curious.
    Second up we've got the newest 'Mark Millar and Superstar Artist' series: Reborn! This time Millar has managed to snag Greg Capullo of Batman and Spawn fame. This sci-fi/fantasy is about the afterlife (not heaven or hell!) where you meet people from the past who know everything you've ever done wrong (sounds like the worst possible type of high school reunion).

261818.jpg 261808.jpg

Ranked in order of anticipation cuz I'm bored.....

Monstress #7
    Lazarus #25
    Shutter #23
    The Fix #6
    Kill Or Be Killed #3
    Black Monday Murders #3
    Glitterbomb #2
    Black Science #25
    Last edited by sven; 10-12-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Pair of #25's in Black Science and Lazarus for me today.

Black Monday Murders
    Kill or Be Killed
    Black Science... I guess? I don't know, this one lost some steam for me a while back.

Lazarus and Monstress this week.

They were both excellent. Monstress was utterly gorgeous; I can't think of a comic this year that's looked better. (Nicola Scott on Wonder Woman comes close, though.) Lazarus had more payoff storywise, though, so it gets my vote. Development for Forever and ends on a hell of a cliffhanger. I am so worried for Sonja and Joaquim right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Black Science... I guess? I don't know, this one lost some steam for me a while back.
    I thought God World kind of reinvigorated the title

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I thought God World kind of reinvigorated the title
    That is where I started really losing interest.
    Last edited by sven; 10-12-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Me, too. Though, I did really like the conclusion to that arc, I didn't care much for the previous 4 issues.

I also haven't really cared for the newest arc, either.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Hm, that's interesting. I feel like with the less jumping around dimensions, it's become easier to follow

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Hm, that's interesting. I feel like with the less jumping around dimensions, it's become easier to follow
    I liked it more when it was confusing. Now it's constantly in recap mode for people who can't remember what they read the previous arc. God World was literally one long Previously segment until its final issue.

Yikes! I have Lazarus vs. Kill or be Killed vs. Black Monday Murders vs. Monstress. It’s the clash of the Titans!
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Best to least best (enjoyed everything):

Lazarus (huge advances to the story. Continues to be one of the best books on the stands.)
    Kill or Be Killed (continues to be a unique story. Enjoy Dylan's ramblings)
    Reborn (trying to not do the "vote because it's a #1" trap I sometimes fall into. Intriguing story and it's so good to have Capullo art in my life again.)
    Black Monday Murders (Best issue yet! I have a bit more of an understanding to what's actually going on now.)
    Black Science (I enjoyed this arc more than the previous few. Hope it continues staying focused on this current situation.)
    Jupiter's Legacy (Poor Skyfox. Hope the villains get theirs soon.)
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Ended up rather enjoying this issue of Black Science.

Kill or be Killed was good, but maybe not the best issue? Still enjoyed it a lot.

Black Monday Murders was the highlight for me, though. Just a great great issue. I love this book.

Amazing Member

is Reborn a mini-series or an ongoing?
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

Black Monday Murders was mostly a revealing but rather dry interrogation sequence. Art-wise it was overloaded with shots of talking heads.

Kill or Be Killed was a decent character piece that centered on romantic entanglements, which made it more Soap Opera than supernatural/psychological vigilante story.

I liked both, but felt they were not as amazing as the previous chapters.

So with those eliminated, I’m left with the stellar Monstress and Lazarus. They are neck an neck, each was boosted by strong character moments and key plot points, and either introduced a scary threat (Lazarus) or set sail on a promising new phase of the series (Monstress)

Crap, this is a tough choice.

Monstress
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”