Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

There were a number of status quo changes in the 16 months between Uncanny X-Men #600 and the resumption of the books after Secret Wars beyond Cyclops' death and the beginning of the tensions between the X-Men and Inhumans. Some of them have been touched on (IE the school moving to Limbo, how Old Man Logan wound up in the main Marvel Universe) to a small extent, but others have not (X-23's decision to take the Wolverine name). Are some of these events going to be expanded on further as part of Death of X? Are there any faces we've yet to see since the time skip you can tease will have a role in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I haven't read it, but apparently Guido showed up in some iteration of the Thunderbolts book, wherein he was dethroned by Mephisto but chose to stay in hell to attempt to recover his soul. If he is back on Earth my guess would be that he successfully did so. Assuming that the gentle reboot of Secret Wars didn't just resurrect him on Earth.
    This is true and it was actually Charles Soule himself that wrote the story of Strong Guy being dethroned.

Questions for Charles Soule:

1. In Death of X #1 Cyclops declared that "the inhumans lied to us (mutants)" and "put their own species before ours" but is this statement he made true? Did the inhumans really know about the terrigen mists affect on mutants when they released it? I always assumed they didn't know and that it was an unforeseen side effect which is why mutants like Beast were working with them in your series.

2. Marvel has released stories about the deaths of major characters like Captain America, Wolverine, Namor, and Ultimate Spider-Man to name a few who've all in a way returned eventually but Axel Alonso said that there are "no plans to bring back Cyclops after this death.” Is it more liberating to write the last tale of a character without having to plant seeds for their return?

3. In Extraordinary X-Men the team brought Sunfire to limbo with them a character who was said to have sided closely with Cyclops before his death. Assuming that means he'll play a big role in Death of X will we see him have one in I vs X too?

4. Many of the X-Men seem to hold ill will towards the deceased Cyclops for his actions in Death of X but going forward into the Inhumans vs X-Men event as the secrets surrounding his actions come too light do you think more members of the team will sympathize with him?

5. Are their any characters battles in either Death of X or I vs X that you and Jeff Lemire had an especially fun time writing or that your particularly excited for readers to see?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

To answer your first question: Black Bolt and Medusa knew that terrigen was harmful to mutants all the way back in Son of M.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    To answer your first question: Black Bolt and Medusa knew that terrigen was harmful to mutants all the way back in Son of M.
    Guarantee that and the whole alpha primitive thing were retconed out of existence

Greetings Mr. Soule.

I'm a big fan of Cyclops yes the character who now is compared to Hitler by Tom Brevoort and somehow will be more hated in the marvel universe than inhumans for what is happening with mutants. I have some questions and would be happy if you answer at least one or two of them.

1-At the end of the arc of Bendis with the X-mens Cyclops and Emma ended their relationship but it seems that in Death of X the characters are still together do you confirm?

2- How many and which characters know BB and your crazy brother detonate the bomb with the inhuman mist on purpose and not as a consequence of Thanos attack?

3-Resurrection takes place during or after IvX?

4-The cancellation of all New Inhumans affects somehow the plans for IvX or the story you want to tell? For example with Skyspears the big obelisks?

5- Clearly you know about the tension between the fans and the conspiracy theories you believe it affected somehow the sales of All New Inhumans or other comics of the Inhumans? Or it has no connection or effect?

Yes the last question is my dark side speaking louder. DI.png

Hi, Charles!

1) Some posters have said that the raw firepower the X-Men have at their disposal far exceeds that of the Inhumans, esp. with characters like Magik, Magneto, and numerous high order telepaths in play. Apart from the terrigen clouds, who/what would you say are the most powerful assets the Inhumans have?
    2) Storm's X-Men seem ready to avoid confrontation with the Inhumans at any cost, even literally going to Hell to get away from them and the terrigen clouds. Will any X-Men or mutants in general have the luxury of being noncombatants in IvX? Will any Inhumans?
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-13-2016 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Please don't kill any more mutants!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Hello Mr. Soule are their any"B and C" list X-characters that are not appearing in X-books that you would like to write in the future after this series?(PSST) you know you don't have to kill off any x-characters and mutants to appease the bloodthristy mob of X-fans that want everyone killed off but a select few to make the X-men seem unique. You are so much better than that don't be that guy.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 10-13-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Hi Charles!

A lot of the preview pages imply Death of X's major players are Cyclops' revolution team plus the current Extraordinary folks. Will you be writing any of the current Uncanny team, perhaps even revealing who Monet St. Croix lost to the mists or perhaps the early machinations of the Hellfire Club?

The slew of 'versus' events of the past decade have declared no official good guy or bad guy, despite passionate fan input. But with a whole race being tossed around do you feel like your upcoming trilogy is perhaps vindication for the down-trodden mutants? Do you feel like there is perhaps a clear side of right and wrong in his conflict?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I haven't read it, but apparently Guido showed up in some iteration of the Thunderbolts book, wherein he was dethroned by Mephisto but chose to stay in hell to attempt to recover his soul. If he is back on Earth my guess would be that he successfully did so. Assuming that the gentle reboot of Secret Wars didn't just resurrect him on Earth.
    Whaaaaaat?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    This is true and it was actually Charles Soule himself that wrote the story of Strong Guy being dethroned.
    DOUBLE Whaaaaaat?!?!

I never read the iteration with Red Hulk and his team but guess now I'll have to.

I find it hard to get an answer for this but I'll try anyway.

During the events of No More Mutants / M-day both BB and Medusa had knowledge that inhuman mist caused negative or lethal effects on mutants and humans because of Pietro actions. But Medusa denied this during his talk with Storm in Death of X. Then we can assume she lied or it is a retcon what is the truth Mr. Soule?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    The terrigen Quicksilver stole had harmful effects, but the Cloud going around the world was not harmful to prior to the timeskip (and the appearance of the mysterious Sky Spears).

Hi, i have been wondering if we are going to have an official bodycount, or something like the "The 198 files" to tell us which mutants are still alive ?. Thanks