Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's not doing much for me. It's great having Wally back, but I predicted when the first issue came out that once the excitement wore off, I don't think the book as it is has much to coast along on. Although I love a lot of these characters, this particular combination never really worked for me, and the writing for them doesn't seem that great anyway. Donna seems off, and Dick's just there.

I ordered Titans Hunt tpb from Amazon today. Looking forward to reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    I ordered Titans Hunt tpb from Amazon today. Looking forward to reading it.
    Glad to hear that. Titans Hunt really gives you the flavor of the Titans as a family and every character gets a moment to shine.

Abnett is doing solid work writing the Titans and all of his run holds together so much better as a whole instead of reading it piecemeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Glad to hear that. Titans Hunt really gives you the flavor of the Titans as a family and every character gets a moment to shine.

Abnett is doing solid work writing the Titans and all of his run holds together so much better as a whole instead of reading it piecemeal.
    Great!! I also got Titans 1-3, but need to get rebirth. I'll read Titan Hunt first

I really hope they go somewhere with the whole Roy and Donna romance. They wasted that opportunity (it could've worked out with some decent writing) by breaking them up imo in the past. Now's the chance to rectify that.
    Last edited by Troian; 10-17-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Incredible Member

Are Hawk and Dove part of the ongoing team roster?

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Are Hawk and Dove part of the ongoing team roster?
    AFAIK it seems to be those six atm getting the attention. Seems like after Titans Hunt they did a wise move in sidelining everyone else but the six. After this arc though probably the others will start rotating I think.. don't quote me on this though.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

It gets the appeal of the characters more than most, and makes them basically a more close-knit version of the Justice League. Like, these are the guys who eat pizza together, not just get together for threats. Abnett gets that, and even if you're new to the franchise, you get a real; sense of friendship from the group.

The plot so far has been about establishing Wally West a bit more, and if you're a fan of his it's pretty good stuff, making use of one of his classic villains. The relationships are set-up well, with the exceptions being Nightwing and Tempest, who are just kinda... there. The story itself is KINDA following up on the Rebirth stuff so far, but reads more like a Wally West Flash story. The one sore point would be the Wally-Linda stuff, which feels like a writing dead-end by not having her remember him, since it only has two routes it can go: a) she remembers everything, which makes this padding b) she doesn't and Wally has the typical "have to love her for who she is" thing, and they basically repeat their relationship developing.

Brett Booth's art isn't GOOD, but it's better here than it was in The Flash at least. At least the designs, Arsenal aside, are good.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    Great!! I also got Titans 1-3, but need to get rebirth. I'll read Titan Hunt first
    Rebirth is in the Titans Hunt trade. Unless you meant DC Universe: Rebirth, and if you didn't, you should read that. it takes place before Titans Rebirth but after Titans Hunt.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force