Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Probably not gonna like this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

Also, didn't Lex Luthor use to be in this book? I swear, if he'd impregnated Jimmy Olsen when he first took him hostage, the baby would have been born by now.
    Hilarious, but very true

Can't wait to read it!
    Pull list DC: Action Comics. Superman. Grayson. Teen Titans. Superman/WonderWoman. ~ More to follow
    Pull list Marvel: Loki: Agent of Asgard. ~ More to follow.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

This was a great issue. Wonderfully written and beautifully drawn. Really enjoyed the moments in the Batcave. A lot of great lines of dialogue in those scenes. Also, love Batman's definition of what the S symbol means.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I loved this issue. Best Superman comic in the New 52 that I've read these past few months

This was such a good issue. Lois saving Superman. Superman fighting the army with weapons designed to specifically to kill him, Batman and Wonder Woman fighting Wraith. It was so good
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 07-03-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully this is why the delays were needed as this was the most enjoyable issue so far. Not that I want to see this become the norm, but definitely worth the wait. The first page/panels, with the hand and the timer, was the Jimmy Olsen and whatever Lex is up to? It has been so long that I do not remember if we know where that left off or is this something we are supposed to be guessing at.

Incredible Member

Overall, I liked the issue. I just didn't like how Superman could be taken down by General Lane's forces.

BANNED

IMHO, i was underwhelmed by this. once again snyder has superman upstaged in his own book. lois saving him was a welcomed changed i liked but the batman pandering has to stop. and snyder, why even bother having ww in this book if your going to give her NO LINES at all. seriously, is she incapable of talking? and what happened to lex, did snyder forget him while writing all this batgod nonsense? not even jim lee's art can save this mess of a plot at this point

BANNED

Batman was saved by Wonder Woman first and after saved bt Superman. Nothing wrong here.

WW just fought she didn't needed words.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Over all liked it very much! Superman books have been killing it with great writers and artist. I find my self saving these books for last among the majority of books I buy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Batman was saved by Wonder Woman first and after saved bt Superman. Nothing wrong here.

WW just fought she didn't needed words.
    yes that we need, another mindless depiction of diana like johns jl

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I enjoy reading the book but I just can't stand this General Ross wanna-be. Next to Livewire, General Lane has to be the villain I roll my eyes at the most.

When I read washouts like those two fight Superman it should be no better than a fart against a hurricane.

Just kill them.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-05-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Just kill them.
    If Superman can be written as conflicted about killing a seemingly non-sentient, murderous beast like Doomsday, and is chastised for killing Zod, then having him resort to killing human members of the military seems like neither a wise writing decision nor a wise decision for Superman as a character. Just because Superman can do something, it doesn't mean he should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    If Superman can be written as conflicted about killing a seemingly non-sentient, murderous beast like Doomsday, and is chastised for killing Zod, then having him resort to killing human members of the military seems like neither a wise writing decision nor a wise decision for Superman as a character. Just because Superman can do something, it doesn't mean he should do it.
    You could just have another character kill General Lane. Godzilla never said Superman would have too.

General Lane is not only a General Ross rip-off, but he's part of the ever-growing and more annoying "douchebag dad of girlfriend" cliche. There's nothing interesting about the character at all.

Astonishing Member

Ugh didn't we suffer enough of General Ross Lane in New Krypton?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    You could just have another character kill General Lane. Godzilla never said Superman would have too.

General Lane is not only a General Ross rip-off, but he's part of the ever-growing and more annoying "douchebag dad of girlfriend" cliche. There's nothing interesting about the character at all.
    Thank you for the clarifying this in my absence.

I would never want Superman to sink down to the levels of the opponents he fights. Yes, I would like to see General Lane killed off where his arrogance gets the better of him. I would say something in the lines of having a dying General Lane asking Superman to save his daughter and maybe seeing the light before he passes away but Superman already saved Lois at the General's Request in Action Comics.

As you said, there is nothing interesting about this character at all. He's pointless. Have a better villain kill him.