Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Thank you for the clarifying this in my absence.

I would never want Superman to sink down to the levels of the opponents he fights. Yes, I would like to see General Lane killed off where his arrogance gets the better of him. I would say something in the lines of having a dying General Lane asking Superman to save his daughter and maybe seeing the light before he passes away but Superman already saved Lois at the General's Request in Action Comics.

As you said, there is nothing interesting about this character at all. He's pointless. Have a better villain kill him.
    I know the rest of the JL would disapprove, but Lex flat out killing him for being an obnoxious dick that gets in the way of everyone would be funny as hell. The only problem is that it would give Lois daddy issues.

I think General Lane functions very well as he is. Believe it or not, there are people like him in this world, and he exists and serves the story well as a representation of the more political and institutional reaction to someone like Superman. The Superman story would be poorer without that perspective, and because he's Lois Lane's father it adds an interesting layer of conflict that can cause additional drama and characterization for the cast. He may not always be written in an ideal manner, and naturally he's not written to be likable, but he's a solid character I'd be disappointed to lose.

I take it he's still acting like he was in the early issues? I like him better as he is in his genuine New 52 incarnation. He's completely out of current character in this book. This is World of New Krypton General Lane.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Kinda like General "Thunderbolt" Lane. I am glad that Lois has a father that is present in the story line. Also like Lois being such a strong person, just not too thrilled with her having super powers, but I don't hate it either.

Superman is on a comeback with all his recent comics. Excuse me saying this, but they are very "marvellike"...That is a complement btw

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I take it he's still acting like he was in the early issues? I like him better as he is in his genuine New 52 incarnation. He's completely out of current character in this book. This is World of New Krypton General Lane.
    Yeah I liked how he was depicted in Morrison's run. He was genuinely worried about the arrival of Superman, but disapproved of Lex going too far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I know the rest of the JL would disapprove, but Lex flat out killing him for being an obnoxious dick that gets in the way of everyone would be funny as hell. The only problem is that it would give Lois daddy issues.
    Lois already have daddy issues

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    yes that we need, another mindless depiction of diana like johns jl
    Speecheless WW. At least snyder did a real fight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

lol good one

We talking about someone who takes on the likes of Zod, Faora, Doomsday, First Born, other Gods so lifting a giant penny is not exactly a feat worth talking about and getting kicked down in one panel to "save Batman" is not a real fight for her by any means. Granted it is a Superman book and he gets to deal with Wraith but this is far from good writing for Wonder Woman since she's appeared. Standing dumb next to Batman while he is witty and clever in an earlier issue, then this one like if she is relegated to one of Batman's tactics. Oh please. That was not a "real fight" but Bat pandering until Superman could get there.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-05-2014 at 05:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    We talking about someone who takes on the likes of Zod, Faora, Doomsday, First Born, other Gods so lifting a giant penny is not exactly a feat worth talking about and getting kicked down in one panel to "save Batman" is not a real fight for her by any means. Granted it is a Superman book and he gets to deal with Wraith but this is far from good writing for Wonder Woman since she's appeared. Standing dumb next to Batman while he is witty and clever in an earlier issue, then this one like if she is relegated to one of Batman's tactics. Oh please. That was not a "real fight" but Bat pandering until Superman could get there.
    thank you!

This issue was just ok. Like the series as a whole decent, not great. The art was nice and there was a hell of a lot of action. Though I wasnt a fan of Superman's Japanese robot-like armor. Once they decided this was a stand alone story (maybe even out of continuity?) they seemed to say "hell with it" let's just blow up the Fortress of Solitude and destroy all of Batman's vehicles.
    General Lane really is becoming a bit of a ridiculous character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I don't think the giant penny was a great feat, but she didn't got knocked down to save Batman. It's clear that is Superman that will take the wraith. He threw a dinossaur at her and kicked her, when she was going to react she heard the sound and stopped. when I said real fight, I mean more action and less talk. people don't talk very much when they fight. there's no Batman pandering, much the contrary.

I don't think the giant penny was a great feat, but she didn't got knocked down to save Batman. It's clear that is Superman that will take the wraith. He threw a dinossaur at her and kicked her, when she was going to react she heard the sound and stopped. when I said real fight, I mean more action and less talk. people don't talk very much when they fight. there's no Batman pandering, much the contrary.
    Imagine Diana in Superman/Wonder Woman Comics being treated the exact same way (a speechless distraction who get pushed aside for Supes to make a big entrance) ; now try to tell me with a straight face that your reaction would be the same.
    Her treatment by Snyder was pathetic; she's been reduced to a plot line,... worst, she's been reduced to a sidekick.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    Imagine Diana in Superman/Wonder Woman Comics being treated the exact same way (a speechless distraction who get pushed aside for Supes to make a big entrance) ; now try to tell me with a straight face that your reaction would be the same.
    Well, this isn't a Superman/Wonder Woman book. Her name isn't in the book's title, which means that Snyder's under less obligation than Soule to provide plot lines for Wonder Woman. If people have higher standards for Superman/Wonder Woman, it's because she's one of the book's title characters. Anyway, what you described was more or less what happened in one of the first issues where Doomsday quickly incapacitated Wonder Woman so Superman could swoop in and save her and the ship. In Unchained, Superman's big entrance affects Wonder Woman and Batman, so Wonder Woman wasn't "pushed aside" exclusively to service Superman's big entrance.

Her treatment by Snyder was pathetic; she's been reduced to a plot line,... worst, she's been reduced to a sidekick.
    Is the story over yet? Superman just arrived on the scene, so presumably he will take center stage with the fight. However, there's still time for Superman to not only interact with Wonder Woman, but for her to have additional lines and additional contributions to a victory.

BANNED

WW sidekick? lol...that is so much for me

BANNED

Can't wait for the conclusion of the series and that promised fight between Superman and Wraith on the surface of the Sun!