Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Mother Panic #3 has been delayed until February 8th. I was wondering why Edwards's previews seemed so behind, but I figured he was just releasing those progress pics late. Apparently not.

But it's just a couple weeks, so eh. I've been waiting months for the fight in this issue, I can wait a bit longer.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I think I can understand why #3 is delayed:

IMG_20170110_183746.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I think I can understand why #3 is delayed:

IMG_20170110_183746.jpg
    I think I see why they're switching artists, at least for an arc. But seriously, I would think that with art taking that long, it should be easier to tell which one is Violet outside of the costume.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think I see why they're switching artists, at least for an arc. But seriously, I would think that with art taking that long, it should be easier to tell which one is Violet outside of the costume.
    The sketchiness and messiness is part of the point, I think. It helps reflect how distant Violet is from others. The art being that way sends that cue to the readers.

The sketchiness and messiness is part of the point, I think. It helps reflect how distant Violet is from others. The art being that way sends that cue to the readers.
    But Garry Brown did it an I never had a problem telling Selina apart from Eiko!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    But Garry Brown did it an I never had a problem telling Selina apart from Eiko!
    His style is way tighter in terms of rendering, though, especially in the faces. It looks sketchier than it really is, at least to my eye.

His style is way tighter in terms of rendering, though, especially in the faces. It looks sketchier than it really is, at least to my eye.
    Probably so. I really liked it.

Some character profiles and technical specs on some of Violet's gear, found in the back pages of Shade, the Changing Girl #4:

RCO028_1483543393.jpg

Glider.jpg

Helmet.jpg

Hopefully some of that character stuff will make it into the actual series itself, but it's still interesting. Violet sounds like she might be a cyborg.

MOTHER_PANIC_CV_6.jpg

MOTHER PANIC #6

Written by JODY HOUSER • Art by SHAWN CRYSTAL • Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS • Variant cover by ERIC CANETE

As Mother Panic’s scope of revenge narrows, her partnership with the unhinged Pretty falls apart. Unable to bear the end to their collaboration Pretty turns on Mother Panic. After all, if she’s not with him...

On sale APRIL 26 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

Violet running away? Or running toward... something? Or someone? And what's up with her gait? Injured? Carrying something heavy? Is she just a Naruto fan?

IMG_20170116_164319.jpg

Mother Panic #3 has been delayed until February 8th. I was wondering why Edwards's previews seemed so behind, but I figured he was just releasing those progress pics late. Apparently not.

But it's just a couple weeks, so eh. I've been waiting months for the fight in this issue, I can wait a bit longer.
    I'm still annoyed by how messed up the schedule is this early in the run.
    Issue #1 = Nov 09, 2016
    Issue #2 = Dec 28, 2016
    Issue #3 = Feb 08, 2017
    Seriously, why can't they already have two or three issues completed before they publish the first one so that they won't have delays like this?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Issue #1 = Nov 09, 2016
    Issue #2 = Dec 28, 2016
    Issue #3 = Feb 08, 2017
    Seriously, why can't they already have two or three issues completed before they publish the first one so that they won't have delays like this?
    It's because they got Edwards to do the art, and they really should not have done that. He really does not have the time for this. Luckily, they're switching artists after the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Issue #1 = Nov 09, 2016
    Issue #2 = Dec 28, 2016
    Issue #3 = Feb 08, 2017
    I dunno, there is at least a pattern to that. And it's not like the issue was delayed a whole month or something.

Has North Carolina gotten significant snow? I know there was that winter storm or whatever on the East Coast a little while back. That could conceivably have caused a part of the delay since Edwards lives there.

Fortunately, there's three art teams, and the switchoff happens in #4, so these early wrinkles should get ironed out quick.
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-16-2017 at 07:36 PM.

I dunno, there is at least a pattern to that. And it's not like the issue was delayed a whole month or something.

Has North Carolina gotten significant snow? I know there was that winter storm or whatever on the East Coast a little while back. That could conceivably have caused a part of the delay since Edwards lives there.

Fortumately, there's three art teams, and the switchoff happens in #4, so these early wrinkles should get ironed out quick.
    Dude, Edwards is like, directing an animated television show + 6 other things and drawing Mother Panic. He overbooked.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    Dude, Edwards is like, directing an animated television show + 6 other things and drawing Mother Panic. He overbooked.
    That makes much more sense. I didn't even know he was doing a show.