BANNED

Default Preview: Batman#45

DC Comics has confirmed during their Batman panel panel at Chicago's C2E2 convention that the Booster Gold team up arc starting in April 18's Batman #45 will take place in an alternate world where Booster Gold has gone back in time to save Thomas and Martha Wayne - and inadvertently prevent Bruce Wayne's birth.

"It's Dick Grayson without Bruce Wayne - and a lot of bullets," writer Thomas King explained in the panel.

As previously solicited, Tony S. Daniel will pencil the arc in his return to the title following his "New 52" run as writer/artist. Daniel confirmed at the panel that he will ink himself rather than previously solicited inker Sandu Florea.

https://www.newsarama.com/39407-boos...sequences.html

Without Bruce as a relatable guide and new father-figure, Dick follows the path of the Bat after the murder of his own parents. Even the usage of guns make sense as he wouldn't be traumatized by them as his parents weren't killed by a gun.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Was this also placed in the Dick Grayson thread as well? I'm sure some Dick Grayson fans might want to know about the arc, if they don't know about it already.

A Batman that uses guns? Like that hasn’t been done before...

lol jesus. I'm not even going to say what I'm thinking since Tom King will just use any negativity to put pettiness in his work again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh so that's the DickBats story he teased about!

So they turned Dick Greyson into Punisher then?

I'm thinking a hard pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So they turned Dick Greyson into Punisher then?

I'm thinking a hard pass on this one.
    They turned Dick into Jason .

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I think it could be an interesting 'what-if' type of story that delves into how Bruce's existence or in this case the lack thereof has influenced Dick's own development.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I do enjoy these kind of stories. Where you change one thing in the past and things unfold so differently. They are really fun one-offs or for a short mini series. Like in the Flashpoint Bruce being the one that died turned Thomas into Batman and Martha into the Joker. So a new one where Bruce never exists turns Dick into Punisher-Batman. I'm curious how it effects other characters too, like maybe Alfred, Jason, Gordon and maybe some Batman villains.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I do enjoy these kind of stories. Where you change one thing in the past and things unfold so differently. They are really fun one-offs or for a short mini series. Like in the Flashpoint Bruce being the one that died turned Thomas into Batman and Martha into the Joker. So a new one where Bruce never exists turns Dick into Punisher-Batman. I'm curious how it effects other characters too, like maybe Alfred, Jason, Gordon and maybe some Batman villains.
    I enjoy these kinds of stories too and I would like to see his it effects the other characters too not that I expect that to happen.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG