Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's about time that 50's bathing suit took a backseat though. For a character who is supposed to be inspiring for little girls and someone whom they could dress up as, that costume was always problematic. And let's not pretend it wasn't created for the male gaze. Whoever thought of the Greco-Roman armor is a genius and I'm actually surprised nobody thought of it earlier. It's a stronger remedy than ill-matching pants for sure.
    LOL no, the whole skin tight uniform is a relic of demanding schedule's, drawing nudes and painting on a uniform, male or female, is faster and more efficient than drawing armor and clothing constantly. And unless your name is Kentaro Miura no one is going to give you the time needed to draw armor that detailed.

The thing that changed is art style.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    LOL no, the whole skin tight uniform is a relic of demanding schedule's, drawing nudes and painting on a uniform, male or female, is faster and more efficient than drawing armor and clothing constantly. And unless your name is Kentaro Miura no one is going to give you the time needed to draw armor that detailed.

I'm glad to see that someone gets it. Of course, there's a whole long economic argument behind all this. The market getting smaller, means prices get higher, so the publishers try to add more apparent value (paper, priinting, fancy pictures) to justify higher prices. That all puts pressure on the artform to change. Artists have to work longer hours and need to be paid, pushing up costs, affecting scheduling. And so on.

Can an Admin change the title wording from "mascot" to "Honorary Ambassador" please? When I started it I didn't know what the actual title was.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post

If that were the case, the bermuda shorts could've stayed. The costume got smaller and smaller for a reason.
    Exit, pursued by a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Can an Admin change the title wording from "mascot" to "Honorary Ambassador" please? When I started it I didn't know what the actual title was.
    Thank you!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member

The problem is certainly not that she is fictional. They have made Winnie the Pooh, Tinkerbell, and the Red Angry Bird honorary ambassadors.

The problem seems to be the way she looks and is dressed.

Which is weird.

It used to be that women were made to feel ashamed of what they looked like if they were overweight, but now it seems a woman who looks like an olympic athlete needs to be ashamed of the fact and hide it, lest she offend others who don't have the same body shape.

I get what some of the protestors are saying - that she promotes a narrow stereotype of female beauty. But then I could say the same thing about Angelina Jolie and Maria Sharapova, and quite a few other famous women named as Ambassadors.

What's this! Maria Sharapova is playing tennis in a costume that not only shows her legs but does not completely hide her breasts! What the hell! Scandal! Either put her in some real clothes - maybe a Nun's habit - or revoke her Ambassador status!

Oh wait they did! Hang on... what? For using illegal drugs after 9 years in the role? Nothing about the clothes? What the hell?!
    Last edited by brettc1; 10-26-2016 at 06:24 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Thank you!!

No problem!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!