Default Suicide Squad #4 *Spoilers*

So I didn't see a thread on this
    Very interesting issue

So on one side you have general zod and on the other you have the russian suicide squad the annihilation brigade

Harley and Deadshot are trying to get away from the fray
    General Zod looks really weird I have to admit maybe its the way lee is drawing him but he looks like the Hulk instead of a regular sized kryptonian '
    In any case Zod continues his campy over the top tantrum and almost kills Enchantress who has turned back into June but Killer Croc saves her by biting Zod
    Zod throws Killer Croc away which happens to knock him into the Annihilation brigade also saving Harley and Deadshot

Anyway Hack begins opening the phantom zone again to imprison zod
    Rick Flag helps him along there with a stab and kick
    Hack teleports the team back with the black sphere in tow
    Waller wonders what america will do with a portal to the phantom zone
    end of the main issue

Anyway the back up is about Harley Quinn sort of
    Not quite a backstory on Harley but more of a origin story to how she ended up on the suicide squad with Rick Flag vetting her.
    Harley and Flag are picking up a load of Joker Toxin to test her loyalty and resolve
    Its booby trapped and gasses everyone but since Harley is sort of immune she makes the choice to save everyone after Rick Flag takes a bullet for her.
    In the end only Harley and Rick Flag make it out and she drags him through the desert to safety.

Not a bad issue
    I guess we got confirmation Boomerang is dead here. I guess all the people complaining about the suicide squad lacking death got a big one this arc. Not sure if I like new general Zod. He seems really stupid here more like doomsday than a cunning general
    Hack is an interesting character, she seems like the female cyborg of the team though
    Enchantress, Katana, and Killer Croc really seem tacked onto this book. Williams is barely giving them anything to do even with the backups

Overall I think Jim Lee hurts this book more than helps it. Having read this backup if suicide squad isn't double shipping there's no reason we can't get someone like gary frank to do the art one issue

Astonishing Member

So on one side you have general zod and on the other you have the russian suicide squad the annihilation brigade
    Boo, I guess that means Red Shadows doesn't exist post-52...