All-New Member

Default Reborn. Any one else?

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/reborn-1

Hi. I'm Battra and I'm in on the comics again. Read when I was little, tried to get back in later on in my youthey time, but I didn't have the pocket money.

I read manga from time to time and love comic movies...so now that I have pocket money...my daughter and I read.

I caught wind of this book recently and because I really wanted to read something from the beginning...this seemed like a great place to start.

Anybody else?

Yes
    Checked it as you can't go wrong with Capullo. I also like Millar's work so the risk was minimal.
    It was someting else, fantasy setting plus after-life existence, weird combination. We'll see where it'll take us.

All-New Member

That was what intrigued me so much, not the authors because what I don't know about authors not named Stan Lee you could just about squeeze into the Grand Canyon, but the fantasy/afterlife bit.

As I'm getting older, soon to turn 41, thinking about my own mortality has been crossing my mind lately, so immediately, that's interesting to me.

Also, as more of a classic nerd, fantasy has always appealed to me more than super heroes.

So it was like they started writing this book about 6 months before my reawakening just for me.

Then we are the same age
    You are in for a real treat mate, tons of great comics are awaiting you.
    Check out Lazarus, if you like Stan Lee you'll enjoy Invincible, the one and only superhero title.

All-New Member

Lazarus is the book or Invincible is the book?

Sorry, I'm new.

Amazing Member

both are good books. Lazarus is more serious and post-apocalyptic with more realistic art. Invincible is an amazing superhero book, with bright colors, plenty of awesome super fights, impressive pacing and writing, and some serious topics thrown in for good measure.
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

Im probably gonna trade wait this one as i do most of Millars stuff.

Looking foward to this over other works though. Capullo <3 <3 <3

Also, yeah Lazarus and Invincible TC!

And East of West.

And Deadly Class.

And Monstress.

Read any Image book TC.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 10-14-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

I read it last night, and the art was indeed memorable. The story... well, let's give it a couple more issues to see whether the after-life theme is developed as interesting in its own right or is just used as a vehicle for another good-army vs. bad-army slash-and-hackfest.

I was expecting much more from this creative team tbh.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Maybe it will read better in trade when the story is done.
    We need better comics

I was tempted as I love Capullo but the last few Mark Millar stories are just not doing it for me, too "simple" if this makes sense? It feels for me that it is obvious that he is writing for movies not comics which is a shame.....but each to their own.