Astonishing Member

Default Nightwing #7 Preview

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...w-nightwing-7/

NIGHTWING #7
    Written by Tim Seeley
    Art by Javier Fernandez and Chris Sotomayor
    Published by DC Comics
    Release Date: October 19, 2016

“RISE OF RAPTOR” part one! The Parliament of Owls wasn’t brought to justice like Raptor promised Nightwing—it was eliminated! Raptor’s methods have crossed the line and Nightwing goes to apprehend him. Upon his arrival he discovers Raptor’s true intentions and obsessions…
    Tiger! Midnighter! Tim Seeley continuing to take the piss out of the Owls in the most delightful way!

Odd that Midnighter seems to be at Spyral's beck and call though.

Finally! It's good to be back on track!

How many issues this arc is gonna be?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, now, that was pretty interesting! I can't wait for Marcus To to get his issues, but Fernandez is growing on me. Seeing Lottie Duff growing as an agent is pretty cool - I hope all of the four continue to pop up - I would expect it, since Seeley likes those kinds of references.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Tiger... DC mention his return, no? I am not surprised to see him here.. I heard about him previously..

or maybe I remember some solicitation..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Tiger... DC mention his return, no? I am not surprised to see him here.. I heard about him previously..

or maybe I remember some solicitation..
    What are talking about? He appeared before in Nightwing #04 and Nightwing Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    What are talking about? He appeared before in Nightwing #04 and Nightwing Rebirth.
    Sorry... After Monster Men I am confused.. I did not remember this... that was the reason, nightwing 4.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Looks good. Man, Fernandez really made me a believer. I really dig his art now.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Finally! It's good to be back on track!

How many issues this arc is gonna be?
    Two, #7 and #9. #8 is a standalone story and #10 starts the Bludhaven arc.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A standalone in the middle of the arc? That's weird.

But thanks!

Spectacular Member

I was really disappointed with the Monster Men miniseries, so I'm happy to get back to Nightwing proper. I like Raptor, I wonder if he'll be done after his two 'Rise of Raptor' issues, or if he'll be a rogue who goes and leaves. Loved seeing Tiger again, hope Midnighter pops in as well and isn't just a reference, we really need to keep building Dick's rogues and side characters.

BANNED

This feels like a breath of fresh air after Monster Men. Yeah Dick got his impressive moment at the end, but now we're back to a good old Nightwing story where Dick doesn't have to be dragged down by other characters.

Fernandez has really come into his own, but I'm still more excited for Marcus To. And I agree having a standalone in the middle of an arc seems a little weird. More filler, maybe? *sigh*

Amazing Member

According to Comixology, #7 - #8 is 'Rise of Raptor', and #9 is the standalone issue, which would make more sense.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Boy am I glad the crossover is finished. This looks great.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by WingGrayson View Post
    According to Comixology, #7 - #8 is 'Rise of Raptor', and #9 is the standalone issue, which would make more sense.
    Gah, I was remembering the last round of solicits where one of the covers got paired up with different solicit text. That does make more sense.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Amazing Member

Gah, I was remembering the last round of solicits where one of the covers got paired up with different solicit text. That does make more sense.
    Actually, you're right. They did put the standalone issue cover with the solicit text for part 2 of 'Rise of Raptor'. I'd forgotten about that. DC are just trying to confuse us. Thank goodness for Comixology.