Default Spiderman: Renew your vows #1 preview and discussion

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...1/1100-156117/

While it's still about a month away from its official release, I'm definitely still excited for this series. This is probably my most anticipated spider-man book of any of the spin-offs or events that will be coming out in the next month, mainly just because I'm excited to see the Spider family in action together which in of itself if a fun premise. Not to mention I really like the creative team since Conway has been doing a great job on Carnage and Stegman is an artist I regularly like to see draw Spiderman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Carolina Wall-Crawler Southern_Spider's Avatar

This series looks so good. Stegman's art is delightful, and Conway looks to be scripting dialogue that is both witty and light. I really do see myself enjoying this book immensely.

Seems great, I am so excited.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

When MJ is out in the field playing superhero with hubby Peter, what is her superhero name or handle?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    When MJ is out in the field playing superhero with hubby Peter, what is her superhero name or handle?
    I'd imagine just Spider-Woman. A bit morbid but if the whole thing of Regent having killed New York's heroes still stands, the mantle is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'd imagine just Spider-Woman. A bit morbid but if the whole thing of Regent having killed New York's heroes still stands, the mantle is open.
    They already said the other heroes aren't gone. But I can't imagine other heroes of the RYV universe getting much emphasis (although Conway did say he was thinking of Spidey and Torch interactions for future issues).

They also said we'll find out MJ and Annie's code names in the series proper.

Carolina Wall-Crawler Southern_Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post

;P

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Conway did say he was thinking of Spidey and Torch interactions for future issues
    Can't wait to see this!

One of my most anticipated books of the year and looking just as great as I imagined .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of my most anticipated books of the year and looking just as great as I imagined .
    You are so right, on both counts.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

This looks good. Can't wait.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feel same way. Put this on my pull list as soon as I could. Conway, one of the best Spider-Man writers ever with Ryan Stegman in The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows verse. Oh, yes!

You know a thought occurs to me about this book, this is a book set in a new alternate universe where mephisto never split Peter and MJ, and where Regent didn't take over the world but only showed up according to interviews. However Peter will still be working for the Daily Bugle, which makes me think if Civil War never happened in this universe which was the event that created the reason for OMD.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.