Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default tv show with the highest bodycount?

i just rewatched kozure okami recently and was amazed about how many ppl got killed.
    so, what shows have the highest kill rate? overall or per episode

Last edited by abulafia; 10-13-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Vampire Diaries has routine mass slaughter. Season one Arrow was up there as well. The CW is not afraid to pile up the bodies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Gotham has multiple people dying per episode. I honestly wonder how that city still has cops.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Game of Thrones is way up there. Westworld, if you count robots. And, of course, The Walking Dead.

ok, the shows you guys mention have some battle episodes, but in kozure okami, people are slaughtered in every single episode.
    there was some buzz about gotg being the most "deadly" movie around, so i get that measuring on screen bodycount is a tricky issue, but kozure okami feels like people are dropping left and right every second

ok, iŽd say killing dead people doesnŽt count (twd)
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Onscreen or not? Because the pilots of either versions of Battlestar Galactica would definitely be contenders.

If not, I'd always been surprised with what 24 could get away with on a network.

Power Rangers SPD opened with a planet blowing up, plus the genocide of Doggie's race, In Space ended with the death of Zordon and villains around the Universe being dusted, Magiranger/Mystic Force had the Big Bad wipe out the world by eating time, and Megaforce had the genocide of Orion's home planet.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Onscreen or not? Because the pilots of either versions of Battlestar Galactica would definitely be contenders.

If not, I'd always been surprised with what 24 could get away with on a network.
    onscreen ofc

Walking Dead

Gunsmoke would have to be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Vampire Diaries has routine mass slaughter. Season one Arrow was up there as well. The CW is not afraid to pile up the bodies.
    Arrow had something like 10,000 people die in a single episode last season. Also on DC's Legends of Tomorrow most of the Earth was killed off by a virus that Vandal Savage released.
    But then on Supergirl an entire planet exploded, so what-ever the population of Krypton was at the time. Plus all the DEO agents killed going up against the surviving Kryptonians
    and other aliens.

BANNED

The Following had alot body counts, The Cult, Civilians, and the main villain which killed the show thats what happens when you kill too many characters on a tv show good job FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    ok, the shows you guys mention have some battle episodes, but in kozure okami, people are slaughtered in every single episode.
    there was some buzz about gotg being the most "deadly" movie around, so i get that measuring on screen bodycount is a tricky issue, but kozure okami feels like people are dropping left and right every second

ok, iŽd say killing dead people doesnŽt count (twd)
    "GotG", you mean Guardians of the Galaxy? Who was buzzin' about that fuckin' movie being the deadliest around? How does that even work, they going by off screen death you don't even see? Even still, I can't imagine that having a higher body count than other movies where large numbers of people are killed off screen or in a way where you don't see people dying directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Death&Return of Superman View Post
    "GotG", you mean Guardians of the Galaxy? Who was buzzin' about that fuckin' movie being the deadliest around? How does that even work, they going by off screen death you don't even see? Even still, I can't imagine that having a higher body count than other movies where large numbers of people are killed off screen or in a way where you don't see people dying directly.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/go-compare-...-happy-1584904

That Go Compare study sure seems kind of stupid. Also: 80,000 Nova Corps pilots die in that movie? Is that something they said in the movie?