Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Arkham Manor

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Default On Arkham Manor

When exactly did it end? My guess is Batman Eternal or Batman and Robin Eternal. I thought the idea was interesting but didn't go anywhere, except for a cool mini. Did you guys like it?

I think it might have ended sometime around the start of DCYou, I definitely know Batman Annual #4 was when Bruce went back to the Manor. I liked it at the time, but I can't say I remember anything from the plot besides a killer being loose in the Manor.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I just read Arkham Manor a month ago - it ended during Batman: Endgame (which was also going on during Batman Eternal). So Spring 2015. It directly tied into both Endgame and Eternal.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I didn't read the Arkham Manor mini but did they ever directly address the transition to Bruce getting the Manor back and the Asylum being reinstated? Or was that as glossed over as when Bruce got his company and money back in the Batman Rebirth issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't read the Arkham Manor mini but did they ever directly address the transition to Bruce getting the Manor back and the Asylum being reinstated? Or was that as glossed over as when Bruce got his company and money back in the Batman Rebirth issue?
    Batman Annual #4 dealt with getting the Manor back.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I think it might have ended sometime around the start of DCYou, I definitely know Batman Annual #4 was when Bruce went back to the Manor. I liked it at the time, but I can't say I remember anything from the plot besides a killer being loose in the Manor.
    That explains a lot. Annual 4 isn't released in HC as of now and I'm mostly a tradereader (or HCs)
    I liked the art from the AM mini a lot and the plot was tight with a lot of nice moments. I'd prefer more minis like that instead of all the ongoings right now.

Does anybody like the Arkham-Wayne family connection from Earth One?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    That explains a lot. Annual 4 isn't released in HC as of now and I'm mostly a tradereader (or HCs)
    I liked the art from the AM mini a lot and the plot was tight with a lot of nice moments. I'd prefer more minis like that instead of all the ongoings right now.

Does anybody like the Arkham-Wayne family connection from Earth One?
    I've not read Earth One. What is the connection?

I'm really annoyed with DC for breaking up the Superheavy arc into two trades, but not including 51, 52, and the Annual to wrap things up. Instead, we get a 4 issue hardcover. Just doesn't feel like value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I've not read Earth One. What is the connection?

I'm really annoyed with DC for breaking up the Superheavy arc into two trades, but not including 51, 52, and the Annual to wrap things up. Instead, we get a 4 issue hardcover. Just doesn't feel like value for money.
    Martha Wayne's maiden name in that universe is "Arkham."

Incredible Member

Although Batman Annual #4 shows how they get the manor back, Batman #43 erroneously shows Alfred living in Wayne Manor when they find Bruce in the immediate aftermath of Endgame. If taken at face value, this would mean Clayface, Mr. Freeze and Riddler were chilling out there for quite a while...

Batman #51 is the first appearance of the new Arkham. It definitely doesn't exist during Batman & Robin Eternal since they're holding Scarecrow somewhere else. But yeah, the Arkham Manor mini itself was okay (just okay.) And heh, I wonder what Bruce ended up doing with Hush?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Martha Wayne's maiden name in that universe is "Arkham."
    That is super weird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Although Batman Annual #4 shows how they get the manor back, Batman #43 erroneously shows Alfred living in Wayne Manor when they find Bruce in the immediate aftermath of Endgame. If taken at face value, this would mean Clayface, Mr. Freeze and Riddler were chilling out there for quite a while...

Batman #51 is the first appearance of the new Arkham. It definitely doesn't exist during Batman & Robin Eternal since they're holding Scarecrow somewhere else. But yeah, the Arkham Manor mini itself was okay (just okay.) And heh, I wonder what Bruce ended up doing with Hush?
    Good point, is he still trapped in that glass dome? Why not also trap Joker in there?

BANNED

I liked the mini, Duggan's a pretty good writer and as was commented on the art was sweet. What I didn't like about the series were the facts that it tied into Endgame in its short life and ended abruptly, but what are you gonna do. Freeze's portrayal was great.

I liked the quirky art quite a bit, but it's def not essential
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    I liked the mini, Duggan's a pretty good writer and as was commented on the art was sweet. What I didn't like about the series were the facts that it tied into Endgame in its short life and ended abruptly, but what are you gonna do. Freeze's portrayal was great.
    Same here. Plus it had all the family members I need: Alfred and... Alfred. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    I liked the quirky art quite a bit, but it's def not essential
    Maybe not essential, but even though I initially blew it off, I went back and bought the issues and wound up enjoying it.