Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Exclamation CBR: 10 Reasons Marvel Needs The Fantastic Four NOW!

Last year’s “Secret Wars” was the ultimate Fantastic Four story in more ways than one: it centered on the epic battle between the FF’s Reed Richards and classic nemesis Victor von Doom, but it also has the sad distinction of being Marvel’s last Fantastic Four story, at least for the time being.

Since the end of “Secret Wars,” the Fantastic Four have been missing from the Marvel Universe. True, there’s an in-universe story to explain their absence — Reed and the family are off exploring the newly-reconstructed multiverse, while Ben and Johnny have signed up with the Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans, respectively. But their absence hasn’t gone unnoticed, and as the Marvel Universe grows and changes, its First Family remains MIA.

One year after the All-New, All-Different Marvel relaunch seems the perfect time to bring the Fantastic Four back, just in time for Marvel NOW! and the changes it brings. With that in mind, CBR brings you 10 reasons why Marvel NOW! needs the Fantastic Four.

Read the 10 reasons here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Just corral Christopher Priest and get him to sign on and write the series, with the original four members. Give him a high profile artist and a wide berth.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Something I missed, because I didn't read Jessica Jones, but Rich Johnston posted this panel from last week's issue over at Bleeding Cool:
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I want them back so badly. Hearing absolutely nothing at NYCC was sad.

I particularly agree with:

Number 10 - the Future Foundation for all the points provided in the article. And also it adds more to the teams roster if they want it to.

Number 6 - A Sue solo would be amazing for obvious reasons, that I've said to death

Number 4 - The family dynamic is missing from Marvel

Number 3 - Them being involved in Monsters Unleashed would be perfect

Number 2 - I initially thought that we were going to see the exploring the multiverse. It feels like a missed opportunity to not see that happen
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Bringing the FF back would also be the perfect opening for Marvel to do a back-to-basics relaunch like Rebirth (which they're probably going to do anyway at some point). They don't need to demote the legacy characters or restructure their universe. All they have to do is reunite the Fantastic Four and end the latest "X-Men are endangered" plot, and it will feel like they've turned a corner and are giving the traditionalist fans what they want, without alienating any of the new fans.

It's true that Fantastic Four isn't a blockbuster seller and probably never will be again, but the symbolism of putting them back together would be appealing even to people who don't read FF comics. Part of the problem with the last couple of years of Marvel has been how obviously marketing-driven the line has been (it's always marketing-driven, of course, but they're supposed to hide it better). An FF relaunch would help to counteract that.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

If F4 were to come back I'd like for them to get some of ANAD spin. Maybe a new Future Foundation with a legacy Fantastic Four? (Including the classic members)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

9 and 1 are my personal favorites of the list, although 6 raises a very excellent point, too. 9 could be a reunion of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four and an alliance between Parker Industries and the Future Foundation, as Peter has expressed interest in nurturing brilliant young minds in the past and the Future Foundation would be absolutely perfect for that. 6 speaks for itself, particularly since the other first ladies of the Marvel Universe have been quite neglected in Marvel's current push for stronger and more dynamic female comic leads (Jean Grey and Janet van Dyne, though Scarlet Witch does have her own solo currently). And 1 . . . well, as compelling as Victor Von Doom's attempts at heroics as the Infamous Iron Man may be, he has too much history and bad karma as Doctor Doom to be forever ignored or swept aside, and given the cyclical nature of mainstream superhero comics, he'll eventually revert to type, at which point the Fantastic Four will be needed more than ever.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Just corral Christopher Priest and get him to sign on and write the series, with the original four members. Give him a high profile artist and a wide berth.

And if not Priest (but I would really, REALLY like him as incredibly well as he handled T'Challa and his series), then at least someone who is not only good, but ESPECIALLY cares about the FF and will definitely give them the absolute TLC they need in their grand return.

I fear it's a lot to ask for these days and for sometime, but when and if the FF get a series and presence again, I would love a return to the FF being a figurative family (I.E. the core four AND predominantly the core four) in the limelight, with the literal family/children and Future Foundation reduced to aspects that can be utilized for certain storylines every now and then, NOT ad nauseam.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

FF is one of Marvel's flagship titles, but with what Marvel is doing right now, I'm not sure I trust them to publish an FF book without it stinking like garbage.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I dont miss them one bit honestly
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    FF is one of Marvel's flagship titles, but with what Marvel is doing right now, I'm not sure I trust them to publish an FF book without it stinking like garbage.
    Kinda agree with this; we don't need a "dark" FF, for instance. In general, I think the FF is seen as too "straight" to work today; nobody's killed anyone, they remain a family after all that's happened to them, they have children that they (mostly) pay attention to and acknowledge, etc. And it's sad that a conventional superhero book like this can't draw big numbers today.

I do think there are current creators who could strike the right tone and get the team and its characters, though. Jeff Parker comes to mind, and maybe Christos Gage. Please keep folks like Mr. Bendis and Millar far away.

I think Reed is the only member that is in need of a break. The team could come back together when he gets back.

Sue needs to be brought back and finally do her own thing. I like Johnny in Uncanny Avengers, I want some more team-ups with him and Spidey. Ben needs to be on better suited team, now that GotG are back to the original roster.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-15-2016 at 01:30 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Kinda agree with this; we don't need a "dark" FF, for instance. In general, I think the FF is seen as too "straight" to work today; nobody's killed anyone, they remain a family after all that's happened to them, they have children that they (mostly) pay attention to and acknowledge, etc. And it's sad that a conventional superhero book like this can't draw big numbers today.

I do think there are current creators who could strike the right tone and get the team and its characters, though. Jeff Parker comes to mind, and maybe Christos Gage. Please keep folks like Mr. Bendis and Millar far away.
    Very good advice......especially when you considered how successful the F4 were under Hickman's run.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Last year’s “Secret Wars” was the ultimate Fantastic Four story in more ways than one: it centered on the epic battle between the FF’s Reed Richards and classic nemesis Victor von Doom, but it also has the sad distinction of being Marvel’s last Fantastic Four story, at least for the time being.

Since the end of “Secret Wars,” the Fantastic Four have been missing from the Marvel Universe. True, there’s an in-universe story to explain their absence — Reed and the family are off exploring the newly-reconstructed multiverse, while Ben and Johnny have signed up with the Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans, respectively. But their absence hasn’t gone unnoticed, and as the Marvel Universe grows and changes, its First Family remains MIA.

One year after the All-New, All-Different Marvel relaunch seems the perfect time to bring the Fantastic Four back, just in time for Marvel NOW! and the changes it brings. With that in mind, CBR brings you 10 reasons why Marvel NOW! needs the Fantastic Four.

Read the 10 reasons here.
    Well, I see it like this, movies help garner interest in characters. Marvel Studios should use its gains to buy the rights to Fantastic Four off of Fox and make a good Fantastic Four movie, or IMHO, Fantastic Four could be well served in this day and age by a TV series !! Fox Fantastic Four movies are just awful.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 10-15-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Well, I see it like this, movies help garner interest in characters. Marvel Studios should use its gains to buy the rights to Fantastic Four off of Fox and make a good Fantastic Four movie, or IMHO, Fantastic Four could be well served in this day and age by a TV series !! Fox Fantastic Four movies are just awful.
    Uhh, I dunno. I think if they had a bit bigger budget and got Doom right, the first one would have been a great movie. As it was, it was just good.