Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think Reed is the only member that is in need of a break. The team could come back together when he gets back.

Sue needs to be brought back and finally do her own thing. I like Johnny in Uncanny Avengers, I want some more team-ups with him and Spidey. Ben needs to be on better suited team, now that GotG are back to the original roster.
    Yeah - they should've made more use of Sue as a SHIELD Agent. One issue of SHIELD and few issues in the Time Runs Out arc at the end of Hickman's Avengers run - I wish they'd brought in that twist for her earlier. She could come back, rejoin SHIELD, and get a solo book. The Future Foundation would return as well, but would no longer be run by the Fantastic Four. As mentioned, Spider-Man could take over that, as he already has the Baxter Building. Could get Scott Lang involved too - he'll be needing a new job after the events of the last few issues of his cancelled solo book. The only ones needed for rebuilding the multiverse were Reed, Franklin, and Molecule Man.

As for Ben, maybe he could join the Uncanny Avengers, where Johnny already is. Or form a new Defenders team?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - they should've made more use of Sue as a SHIELD Agent. One issue of SHIELD and few issues in the Time Runs Out arc at the end of Hickman's Avengers run - I wish they'd brought in that twist for her earlier. She could come back, rejoin SHIELD, and get a solo book. The Future Foundation would return as well, but would no longer be run by the Fantastic Four. As mentioned, Spider-Man could take over that, as he already has the Baxter Building. Could get Scott Lang involved too - he'll be needing a new job after the events of the last few issues of his cancelled solo book. The only ones needed for rebuilding the multiverse were Reed, Franklin, and Molecule Man.

As for Ben, maybe he could join the Uncanny Avengers, where Johnny already is. Or form a new Defenders team?
    A good premise for Sue was put on Marvels lap. Twice! In both Time runs out and the SHIELD comic. They need to do something with it already.
    If anyone from Marvel is reading this, please make this book a reality. Now is the perfect time to do it!

Love the idea of Ben being a part of a new Defenders team. Wouldn't put him on the same team as Johnny, when it's not the FF. Them being apart until the group returns gives new dynamics without the old safeguard.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-15-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Kinda agree with this; we don't need a "dark" FF, for instance. In general, I think the FF is seen as too "straight" to work today; nobody's killed anyone, they remain a family after all that's happened to them, they have children that they (mostly) pay attention to and acknowledge, etc. And it's sad that a conventional superhero book like this can't draw big numbers today.

I do think there are current creators who could strike the right tone and get the team and its characters, though. Jeff Parker comes to mind, and maybe Christos Gage. Please keep folks like Mr. Bendis and Millar far away.
    I think Ewing's got a great FF run in him, even if he's not the kind of guy you put on to make a book a top-seller.

I could see Duggan doing a solid FF as well.

There are quite a few DC guys right now who I could see doing an amazing FF run.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Well, I see it like this, movies help garner interest in characters. Marvel Studios should use its gains to buy the rights to Fantastic Four off of Fox and make a good Fantastic Four movie, or IMHO, Fantastic Four could be well served in this day and age by a TV series !! Fox Fantastic Four movies are just awful.
    If you are not nitpicking discrepancies. The 2005 FF was an OK movie to me, and enough to entertain, the sequel and the reboot, IMO were where it got bad. I could see a TV series if WB does Supergirl, Legends of Tommorrow, etc.

Ten reasons why Marvel do not need the Fantastic Four right NOW!

1 the brand has been diluted and damaged by Fox
    2 the comics were not selling very well
    3 the title is seen as old fashioned by some
    4 the rights to publish are not going anywhere else
    5 there are interesting stories to be told while they are gone
    6 although the dispute with Fox is exaggerated it is not in Marvel's interest to cross promote bad movies
    7 neither is it in their interest to cross promote toys that others will profit on
    8 absence makes the heart grow fonder
    9 patience is a virtue
    10 Marvel can afford to rest the line

Would I like to see F4 back, yes but all in good time.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

6 although the dispute with Fox is exaggerated it is not in Marvel's interest to cross promote bad movies
    7 neither is it in their interest to cross promote toys that others will profit on
    9 patience is a virtue

You make some good points.

Fox would only get a cut if they used the movie likenesses.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I want the FF back as much as anyone here. However, as I have said many times, the title is doomed to failure unless the writer(s) decide that the time has come to shake up the team. Either drop one of the original members and replace him/her with a more popular character or keep the core four and add one or two new ones to the team. I still say that Marvel should have a second Reed Richards-Sue Storm separation. The title needs some real shocking suspense for a change.

BANNED

Outside of a few artist or writers I've liked here and there the F4 have never done anything for me or appeared regularly in any comic I was reading

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Outside of a few artist or writers I've liked here and there the F4 have never done anything for me or appeared regularly in any comic I was reading
    Have you tried Kirby's, Byrne's or Hickman's FF runs?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ewing's got a great FF run in him, even if he's not the kind of guy you put on to make a book a top-seller.
    Ewing would knock it out of the park. He's great.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member

9 patience is a virtue

#6 so what is their excuse with Deadpool?

#1 Fox nor Michael B Jordan have damage that franchise. Fanboy behavior did over one film caused all that. 2 out 3 FF films didn't bomb.

#7 Once again what is the excuse with Deadpool? X-Men? Someone is making money no matter what. If Disney really thought like that a lot of ABC/Disney shows would not be on other networks.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I bring you 5 since I can't think of 10

5) They're the first family
    4) Perfect Opportunity to do something new and exciting for them
    3) If I was writer I would be invigorating and exhilarating
    2) Perfect way to bring adult Jean back to life (like first time)
    1) Could totally make a Jean Grey and Sue Storm friendship that should of happened years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    FF is one of Marvel's flagship titles, but with what Marvel is doing right now, I'm not sure I trust them to publish an FF book without it stinking like garbage.
    agreed. who would write it? Bendis? hell no. my choice would be Ewing or Slott. also, the only thing the recent film damaged was perception of future FF films. it has nothing to do with the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    The last time that Fantastic Four was worthy of the label "The World's Greatest Comic Book Magazine" was when Walt Simonson wrote and drew it.

It was actually 20 years ago next month when it was number one in sales.

I want them back, they're marvel and the soul of marvel.

Now marvels just a pile of ****.