Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

This is moving on at a snail's pace, which is disappointing considering the last major event was Infinity and I felt that flowed very well. I've also not got much interest in Axis at the moment, the premise feels tiresome, especially since Forever Evil only finished up a few months ago. I thought that maybe with the concept of the Watcher being killed and characters like Gamora showing up, maybe this would have a cosmic Marvel tinge to it, but it seems to be going down the path of an Earth is special and the center of the universe type storyline which I don't enjoy. Making Nick Fury be some kind of cosmic threat killing badass that's capable of even murdering a living planet (provided that was him and not our current killer) is just wrong on so many levels. He's meant to be a super-spy who has contingency plans and secrets upon secrets whose true intentions you can never quite tell, not some boogeyman that makes extra-dimensional creatures shit their collective pants when they hear his name.
    Currently Reading:

DC: Justice League, Multiversity, Batman

Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers

I'm buying this book for the Deodato's artwork alone.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 07-02-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunes View Post
    This is moving on at a snail's pace, which is disappointing considering the last major event was Infinity and I felt that flowed very well. I've also not got much interest in Axis at the moment, the premise feels tiresome, especially since Forever Evil only finished up a few months ago. I thought that maybe with the concept of the Watcher being killed and characters like Gamora showing up, maybe this would have a cosmic Marvel tinge to it, but it seems to be going down the path of an Earth is special and the center of the universe type storyline which I don't enjoy. Making Nick Fury be some kind of cosmic threat killing badass that's capable of even murdering a living planet (provided that was him and not our current killer) is just wrong on so many levels. He's meant to be a super-spy who has contingency plans and secrets upon secrets whose true intentions you can never quite tell, not some boogeyman that makes extra-dimensional creatures shit their collective pants when they hear his name.
    I don't see why he couldn't be both, these activities are not mutually exclusive to each other.
    It was actually interesting to see this tie-in with the Hickman' SHIELD serie, very nice indeed. Can't wait for the next issue ! Though, admittedly, this felt more like a side-story than anything else.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I don't see why he couldn't be both, these activities are not mutually exclusive to each other.
    It was actually interesting to see this tie-in with the Hickman' SHIELD serie, very nice indeed. Can't wait for the next issue ! Though, admittedly, this felt more like a side-story than anything else.
    I guess I always figured Nick as one of the most down to earth characters in the MU, so the idea of him travelling to other dimensions and gunning down all manner of dangerous lifeforms in his special space suit and top-tier secret weapons, along with saying things like how he's "burned worlds, destabilized galaxies and dethroned gods" as if he's Earth's answer to Thanos is just ridiculous to me.
    Currently Reading:

DC: Justice League, Multiversity, Batman

Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers

So are they trying to make nick fury into the next watcher?
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Amazing Member

Original Sin just turned into Heroes. Fury and The Unseen is now Noah and The Agency.

Spectacular Member

Nick Fury as The Unseen took the immense potential of this event and blew it all to hell.

Such a great job he's done steering away all those alien threats from Earth. Has he been asleep for Hickman's entire Avengers run?
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

BANNED

If Nick Fury has been capable of this all this time why did he ever have trouble with HYDRA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If Nick Fury has been capable of this all this time why did he ever have trouble with HYDRA?
    Or the Skrulls.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Because that was what he did monday through thursday, spying on hippies and commies. Fridays he was the man at the wall.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Because that was what he did monday through thursday, spying on hippies and commies. Fridays he was the man at the wall.
    I love how spying on hippies is right up there with killing a living planet.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Nick Fury as The Unseen took the immense potential of this event and blew it all to hell.

Such a great job he's done steering away all those alien threats from Earth. Has he been asleep for Hickman's entire Avengers run?
    Well he's getting along in his years. Clearly he needed his afternoon naps.

Makes you also wonder why Thanos just didn't pop up on his radar. Fury has been slacking lately!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    There's a scene where Nick kills a big pinkish alien that I think Dr. Strange and Punisher came across no?

Attachment 5116
    not just that one but the other monsters also ended up underground with emma, panther, and antman, as well as the planet he killed on one page being the location bucky's team went to, I think this issue actually answers more questions, Nick brought more people in on his secret to help and showed them first hand how a job like killing the watcher can be done to help further catch his killer, all the while he lead an imformative investagation on earth as to not waste time, on both fronts they're making a fair amount of progress.

It does feel like fan-fictiony wankery. Fury is the guy who goes to super-heroes routinely because he can't handle things himself. And who ends up with egg on his face when he gets too controlling of said superheroes. The idea of him as this cosmic prep-god just feels stupid.