Mighty Member

Default Best Opening Sequences

I just started reading dark horse's Green River Killer and thought it had a great, chilling opening. Bedlam from Image also comes to mind as having a powerful, lasting start. Read that a couple years ago, and its about the only thing i remember from the 2 trades lol. Thoughts on others?

Lazarus just off the top of my head since it's my favorite current ongoing and I just recently re-read the hardcovers. Forever laying bloodsoaked on the ground all shot to hell with the doctors describing all of the traumas to her body, then her enhancements kicking in, followed by her recovering, getting up and walking to the next room and completely destroying the three dudes who shot her.

The first page of All-Star Superman. Also big fan of the start of the Apocalypse War first page is a nuke going off along with more on the way and an army of Sovs, along with a semi beat up Dredd ready for war.

Mighty Member

edit:

Forgot to mention the opening of the original ultimates. Been a LONG time since i read that, but i believe it was cap being dropped in over Normandy during WW!!. Another great sequence that would really set the tone of the series, and eventually the Avengers as we know it today.