Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What Happened to Jet Black After Remender's Captain America Run?

The last time i saw her was in the final issue of the Tommorow Soldier when she was accused by Sharon Carter that he was collaborating with Arnim Zola. What happened after that? Did she actually being playing double spy?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Sharon Carter thing was dropped by Nick Spencer and no one has used Jet since Remender left.

Dropped plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dropped plot point.
    ... yeah, the whole run seems to have been dropped except for Sharon’s age.
    That doesn’t make me unhappy to be honest.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    The last time i saw her was in the final issue of the Tommorow Soldier when she was accused by Sharon Carter that he was collaborating with Arnim Zola. What happened after that? Did she actually being playing double spy?
    While we’re at it, where was Ian left in the wake of all of that?

We last saw him in Battleworld. His last appearance was at the end of the Hail Hydra mini during Secret Wars. Maybe he ended up universally displaced? In any case, he's gone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm still wondering if anyone has mourned or avenged Jack Flag yet.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Astonishing Member

Retconned?

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I'm still wondering if anyone has mourned or avenged Jack Flag yet.
    He did have a funeral. Rick Jones was also killed thanks to Hydra Cap. Something needs to be done about those two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He did have a funeral. Rick Jones was also killed thanks to Hydra Cap. Something needs to be done about those two.
    All that seems to have been either dropped or not yet addressed. Coates may get to it but I’ve heard nothing to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    All that seems to have been either dropped or not yet addressed. Coates may get to it but I’ve heard nothing to that effect.
    It was addressed as the event wrapped up. When the characters are needed they will bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    It was addressed as the event wrapped up. When the characters are needed they will bring them back.
    I’ve grown to appreciate the Zola kids... more so with time. Yes wrap up included Ian blown up, Jet earlier escapes back to her father, conspicuously absent with her father in Secret, and man could the resistance have used Ian’s return then.

I think Remender’s departure derailed plot lines, and Spencer changed up the infiltrators in Secret ... actually pretty slick writing.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We last saw him in Battleworld. His last appearance was at the end of the Hail Hydra mini during Secret Wars. Maybe he ended up universally displaced? In any case, he's gone.
    I’ve grown to appreciate the Zola kids... more so with time. Yes wrap up included Ian blown up, Jet earlier escapes back to her father, conspicuously absent with her father in Secret, and man could the resistance have used Ian’s return then.

I think Remender’s departure derailed plot lines, and Spencer changed up the infiltrators in Secret ... actually pretty slick writing.
    As Digifiend wrote, Ian apeared in and was the main protagonist in he Secret Wars: Hail Hydra mini-series. From my understanding he got away in the Infinte Elevator pushing the 616 button with a dieing Ellie (daughter of an alternate Steve and Sharon). That 616 button gives us some hope that Ian will yet appear.

I also grew to like the Zola kids and it was a welcome surprise to see Nomad in the Hail Hydra miniseries. It would be a shame to lose that Father Son relationship that Steve and Ian built together. I'm not a fan of Remender's stuff but I did take to his Captain America run.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As Digifiend wrote, Ian apeared in and was the main protagonist in he Secret Wars: Hail Hydra mini-series. From my understanding he got away in the Infinte Elevator pushing the 616 button with a dieing Ellie (daughter of an alternate Steve and Sharon). That 616 button gives us some hope that Ian will yet appear.

I also grew to like the Zola kids and it was a welcome surprise to see Nomad in the Hail Hydra miniseries. It would be a shame to lose that Father Son relationship that Steve and Ian built together. I'm not a fan of Remender's stuff but I did take to his Captain America run.
    Yes I followed that Battleworld story and enjoyed it. I just can’t figure out how Hickman’s reboot thing works into the present continuity. Maybe I struggle too hard with this. I enjoyed Hickman’s arc particularly his Fantastic Four/ Dr Doom main story. The rest of Secret Wars was a mash up that has left me in continuity limbo.

BANNED

Yeah, Remender leaving definitely changed things. I'd love to know what he had planned because pretty much everything he set up was changed or forgotten.

I loved Spencer's controversial run but I'll always be curious as to what Remender's version of the Hydra storyline was going to be.

Remender's run now seems kind of like a weird bump in the road for Cap but I expect that one of these days, someone who really dug that run will come on and pick up some of its threads and characters.