Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I wouldn't mind seeing a one and done story where Karma and Sage team-up.
    The two seem like they'd work well together with Sage being a little bit of a mentor.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

IMO excellent suggestion!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I miss Karma. I wish writers would show more interest in the character.

Karma...the best big sister anyone could have.

From what I know about her siblings, I thought they'd have powers that complimented each other.
    It doesn't seem that way to me.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

From what I know about her siblings, I thought they'd have powers that complimented each other.

The only times the twins maifested powers was when Spiral put them through the body shop, so there is no way of knowing if they are mutants or what their real abilities are.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The only times the twins maifested powers was when Spiral put them through the body shop, so there is no way of knowing if they are mutants or what their real abilities are.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Always loved Karma and wished she was featured in a bigger way. Hopefully with her rumored spot in a possible New Mutants movie sequel, she’ll get back in some books.

I always like her.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

To me the stories where the character teamed up with 616 Wolverine make the character even more likable now that 616 Wolverine has returned wish for these 2 characters to do so again!

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #165 Jan 1983
    "Transfiguration!"
    At the X-Mansion, Illyana, Stevie Hunter, and Moira MacTaggert are getting some sun.

Moira goes in to talk with Charles. Reed Richards wrote a letter to her about Xi'an Coy Manh code-named "Karma", a mutant that he'd like her and Charles help training.

Recently Moira and Charles have fought a lot about whether the school should continue,
    Moira says she's done fighting, but other options exist for the girl. Other options like Magneto and Emma Frost.

Faced with that choice - it's him or some of the greatest threats the X-Men have ever faced, Charles makes the decision he has to, and picks up the phone.
    Note: This thread is picked up in the New Mutants series.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I miss Karma. I wish writers would show more interest in the character.
    Karma returns in a leadship capacity in the forthcoming miniseries NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-ne...ts-dead-souls/
    Though prominent in the description, I still have yet to see any visuals of her in the official preview material nor the artist's sketchbook where he's previewed everyone else.
    I wonder if her resident 'dead soul' Tranh her twin, will play a factor?

I do like the sounds of her acting as leader and "mission control" reminds me of her treatment in Warren Ellis Excalibur #94 flash forward "Days of Future Tense", where she "rode" a member of the team into the field to participate in the action. Smart use of someone with her powers.

BANNED

Regarding the first post, she's not Korean but Vietnamese nationality.
    Vietnam has 54 ethnicities and there were many Chinese refugees to Vietnam when Vietnam was part of China. That's just like most Americans today have British/German ancestry.

So most of the Vietnamese who fled Vietnam to USA after 1975 were ethnic Chinese but with Vietnamese nationality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Karma returns in a leadship capacity in the forthcoming miniseries NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-ne...ts-dead-souls/
    Though prominent in the description, I still have yet to see any visuals of her in the official preview material nor the artist's sketchbook where he's previewed everyone else.
    I wonder if her resident 'dead soul' Tranh her twin, will play a factor?
    She was somehow axed from the comic book most probably because the writer didn't like her race.
    Magik is the leader and the cast is all white with no Dani too.

This is hardly a New Mutants reunion with only two of the core New Mutants Magik and Wolfsbane.
    The others aren't really New Mutants because they didn't join during Chris Claremont's time.

The other three rictor, boom-boom, strong guy are more like X-factor team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

Most mutant abilities only manifest themselves during puberty, they are too young for that.

Spiral accelerated their age to adulthood (with mutant powers) but these were decelerated by Beast later on back to their natural age.

So yes, they are mutants as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    She was somehow axed from the comic book most probably because the writer didn't like her race.
    Magik is the leader and the cast is all white with no Dani too.

This is hardly a New Mutants reunion with only two of the core New Mutants Magik and Wolfsbane.
    The others aren't really New Mutants because they didn't join during Chris Claremont's time.

The other three rictor, boom-boom, strong guy are more like X-factor team.
    Shan gets a mention as being behind the scenes for this New Mutants team in issue #2... how she's funding the enterprise could be an interesting detail. Did she finally takeover the Coy Crime Family and start funneling that wealth towards good ends to try to "balance her Karma"? ;-)