Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Anyone know anything about this energy-blast-shooting 'bloodstone hand' she's recently used in the latest A-Force appearance?

I mostly know her from her one issue appearance in Avenger's World and the awesome Nextwave series, and after seeing her run out of bullets and beat enemies to death with a shovel, I had no idea she had a 'bloodstone hand' that could shoot energy blasts...
    Havent read A-forcr but she did get a massive power upgrade during secret wars. Probably because her little brother was putting her in the shade with his own powers!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Thing is, and this needs saying as some of the posters here don't seem to realise it, the false memories thing is the official, canon, explanation. The recent appearance of Beyond Corporation in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers doesn't contradict this. The events of the Nextwave series did happen, but HATE had messed with their minds, so the personalities of the team members had been modified and the flashbacks we saw to their pasts were at best skewed, and at worse completely false.
    I'm aware of the fact that Nextwave was in continuity and they messed with her mind, but I just don't think that is a good enough explanation for how different she is. And I believe she is still having flashbacks to her father, who died before she knew anything about him (Marvel really needs to put out a TPB with all of his pre-death appearances). I just feel that there is a lot of opportunity to tell a good story about her going from naive, unknowledgeable kid to the kick ass, mouthy monster hunter she is today.

And, I know no one agrees with me, but man I did not like Nextwave. I like humourous comics as much as the next guy, but this book felt like it a trying way too hard, and failing at every turn. There were a few chuckles I got out of it, but for the most part I honestly felt embarrassed for the creators. I realize no one shares my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Hope that those who've been reading the A-FORCE Series enjoyed reading the 10th (and Final) Issue with Elsa Bloodstone appearing within said Issue.