BANNED

Default it must suck delivering the mail in gotham city

they probably lost a lot of mail carriers over the years....

It probably sucks to be anything in Gotham City.

Even if you have a "safe" job like, oh let's say you print the packages of boxes of Jello, eventually Joker is going to come up with the idea of jello related crimes and drag you into them.

On the other hand the guy who runs the "exploding novelties" store is probably doing pretty well for himself.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

LOL! I really never even thought about this until just now. I usually think about how bad it would stink to be a cop or regular citizen.
    But yeah, being a mailman would be crazy. I'd put in a transfer to Opal City
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It probably sucks to be anything in Gotham City.

Even if you have a "safe" job like, oh let's say you print the packages of boxes of Jello, eventually Joker is going to come up with the idea of jello related crimes and drag you into them.
    Well, let's face it. If you actually lived in any universe that had super-heroes and super-villains in it, you could be anybody and your life could be extinguished just walking down the street or driving your car or even just watching TV in your home.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Working in Bodega's and liquor stores are also a health hazard. I've been reading a lot of Batman this month and can't tell you the amount of times I've read the word Bodega

I think we've finally solved the mystery of the Joker's secret origin - he's a Gotham City mail worker who went postal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    I think we've finally solved the mystery of the Joker's secret origin - he's a Gotham City mail worker who went postal.
    Really?, I always thought he was a light hearted comedian who was told his jokes wasn't dark or edgy enough to make him famous lol.

I think the hardest job in Gotham would be prison guards and Arkham staff, trying to keep the loonies in Arkham and having to keep them contain.

Fantastic Member

That deserves to be his origin just for that pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think the hardest job in Gotham would be prison guards and Arkham staff, trying to keep the loonies in Arkham and having to keep them contain.
    On the plus side, if you have a degree in Abnormal Psychology you'll never be unemployed in Gotham .

Extraordinary Member

Actually I almost wouldn't be surprised if communication guys were comparatively safe; Joker needs someone to deliver his threats, after all.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

On the plus side, if you have a degree in Abnormal Psychology you'll never be unemployed in Gotham .
    Maybe, but I think half of them are either driven to insanity by the truly insane ones, are killed by the more ruthless inmates, or being used as guinea pigs by villains testing out their gadgets/experiments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Actually I almost wouldn't be surprised if communication guys were comparatively safe; Joker needs someone to deliver his threats, after all.
    Free cable and wi-fi, as long as you don't mind the latest episode of Game of Thrones being interrupted by the current villain terrorising the city. Add in free cell phones for extra coverage.

That's why the Gotham city mail hired Pete. He always gets the mail delivered.

518D9AYYZTL.jpg
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Maybe, but I think half of them are either driven to insanity by the truly insane ones, are killed by the more ruthless inmates, or being used as guinea pigs by villains testing out their gadgets/experiments.
    It's a job for life.

Of course, that life may be somewhat abbreviated.