Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I find this to be a rather glib answer, a kind of showy way to not answer the question. A typical kind of attention-getting thing people say in interviews.

Does this impugn his motives for his response to said interview question? Yes, but it's not the same thing if I called him a "child" for saying it.

In other words, I'm still addressing the content of what he had to say. But though you impugn my motives yourself (perfectly irrelevant, but fine), what you're also doing here:

is simply hurling around (grammatically incorrect) insults.
    The fact that you continue to hurl around insults directed at others in this thread and others and then act like me comparing you to a child is some sort of terrible insult is funny. You want to give it out but apparently feel you are above receiving any. Have fun playing the victim and defending terrible behaviour towards creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Uuhh, I know that. It's not really a new idea, as I said. And I understand the sentiment. I'm just not sure Peter being his own worst enemy really works when he fights people like Norman Osborn or Doctor Octopus.

Think about it. The worst that has happened to Peter in this run was Superior. But how was that Peter's fault? That was Doctor Octopus screwing up his life. (Unless you're gonna make the argument that Peter should have killed Otto at some point before Superior.)
    Not a huge fan of Slott being such an essentialist when it comes to the Spidey mythos. The most electric parts are when forces of nature like MJ and Norman abruptly rush in and turn everything on its head in Peter's life.

BANNED

I wonder if anybody truly has a perfect life where he has everything and is happy with it.Apparently where Dan erred was using the word "villain" which some find offensive. It does not seem too great a misappropriation. However he could have further added having said that the way he pulls himself up after being knocked down and manages to overcome all his doubts guilt and insecurity in face of tragedies and remain true to himself and his near and dear ones is what makes him a hero to take the sting out of it. Anyway what is done is done. So it seems pointless to keep on harping about one small misquote and just say that whether peter is or not the hero of his life its his life and no one can call him a villain for sabotaging it as he can live it anyway he wants.