Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Since you mentioned that (I haven't seen the movie in where he's Satan, so I apologize), I think i'm inclined to say that Composite Arnold wrecks hard.
    I think he's talking about End of Days, but Arnold wasn't Satan in that movie, he fought Satan and had to kill himself when he became possessed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I think he's talking about End of Days, but Arnold wasn't Satan in that movie, he fought Satan and had to kill himself when he became possessed.
    Ok fine.

Composite Stallone and Willis and the other guys mentioned still wrecks. Composite Arnold is overkill.

Ok fine.

Composite Stallone and Willis and the other guys mentioned still wrecks. Composite Arnold is overkill.
    How about composite Christian Bale? He has good gun feats and sword feats from Equilibrium, some heavy weapons feats with a grenade launcher from Terminator Salvation, some good armor and vehicles and fighting skills from the Nolan Batman movies, and he fought dragons in Reign of Fire.

Composite Keanu Reeves can take him, too.

Alanis Morissette.

So composite Brad Pitt doesn't also get to be a vampire that's also part of whichever composite action movie actor?

Wasn't Brad Pitt some avatar of Death in Meet Joe Black?

I can't remember enough of the movie to know if he had any feats though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

How are we defining "human" anyway?

and "action movie?"

Are comic book movies "action movies?"

Anyway...

What about Wesley Snipes?

The Rock?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Composite Jet Li should give him a run. I remember Jet Li playing the Monkey King in a movie.

Composite Liam Neeson should be in the discussion too. In addition to the assorted bad asses he's played, he also played Zeus.

Astonishing Member

Drew Barrymore - with the powers of Firestarter and the martial skills of Charlie's Angels - she toasts and kicks Brad into a heap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How are we defining "human" anyway?

and "action movie?"

Are comic book movies "action movies?"

Anyway...

What about Wesley Snipes?

The Rock?
    Rule of thumb: a Human character in an action movie is a human with no superpowers and is from a more realistic setting based on modern Earth. An action movie in its purest form is NOT a comic superhero film. If you put something with maybe Punisher or Batman, MAYBE that could come closer to being within the boundaries of matching the criteria. But otherwise people like Hulk or Thor do not obviously count.

There, that was easy.

Fantastic Member

Composite Uma Thurman is probably overkill.

Composite Will Smith? (Bad Boys, Enemy of the State, Wild Wild West). Does he have enough even without counting Hancock and Suicide Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    How about composite Christian Bale? He has good gun feats and sword feats from Equilibrium, some heavy weapons feats with a grenade launcher from Terminator Salvation, some good armor and vehicles and fighting skills from the Nolan Batman movies, and he fought dragons in Reign of Fire.
    Arnold already has experience beating Batman. I think he can take the heat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Arnold already has experience beating Batman. I think he can take the heat.
    Kinda an interesting twist of things eh? a Batman actor takes on the Terminator and an Arnold takes on a Batman actor.

Rule of thumb: a Human character in an action movie is a human with no superpowers and is from a more realistic setting based on modern Earth. An action movie in its purest form is NOT a comic superhero film. If you put something with maybe Punisher or Batman, MAYBE that could come closer to being within the boundaries of matching the criteria. But otherwise people like Hulk or Thor do not obviously count.

There, that was easy.
    Interesting analysis of the action movie genre. I would say that any movie that focuses more on the action than on other aspects is an action movie. Separate from horror movies that focus on scare and shock, scifi movies that focus on exploring fictional tech or scientific concepts, superhero movies that focus on showing off super powers, etc.

Essentially, I agree with what you said, but I would add that movies of non-modern setting can fit if they focus more on the action and stuff similar to action movies than to the scifi elements per se. For instance, I would say that the Terminator and Robocop movies fall more into the action movie genre than sci-fi even though they do have definite and obvious sci-fi elements to them; the guns and explosions and stuff are clearly more important to those movies than the concepts of cyborgs, even though the concept of cyborgs is still a strong element in them.

I would also say that the Punisher movies(all three of them) are definitely action movies, despite being from a comic book that took place in a superhero setting. Lundgren's and Tom Jane's movies were both definitely action movies, while the Stevenson movie was too but came closer the feel of a superhero or at least comic book movie with the silly portrayals of the villain and over-the-topishness portrayal of the Punisher(though I must admit that these aspects aren't completely unfound in some more pure action movies).

The Batman movies are probably the ones that combine action movies and superhero movies the closest and its hard to tell if it should be considered more one than the other. I would probably call those movies more superhero if I had to say, with the costumes and exotic villains and all, though the Nolan movies almost make me change that with the more serious take that it took on the Batman concept.

And then you get into movies where its hard to tell if the scifi or action aspect is more important to it, like Time Cop. I think I would call that an action movie though is despite the time travel concept, gunplay and fighting still seemed to be the biggest elements. Arnold actually did a number of scifi movies that were really more action than scifi, even aside from the Terminator; The Running Man and Total Recall come to mind.

So all in all, I think there are definitely some non-modern setting movies that could easily be considered more an action movie than any other genre.