Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Naruto vs God of Highschool

God of Highschool has been getting pretty up there in terms of feats, figured it might be fun through them at Naruto and see what happens.

Here are a bunch of matches to consider. All versions are end of series/current versions.

1) Mori Jin vs Naruto

2) Han Daewi vs Sasuke

3) The King vs Obito with Jyuubi absorbed.

4) King Uma vs Jyuubi

5) Yu Mira vs Killer Bee

6) The Six (Park Mubong, Na Bongchim, Jeon Jaesan, Seo Hanryang, Kim Doshik, Kim Ungnyeo) vs the Six Paths of Pain

7) Lee Soojin replaces Madara in the ninja war and fights everyone he fought in the war.

8) Han Daewi with Ultimate Basics and Design in Seoul only vs Rock Lee. Both are at their maximum determination.

In the blasted crater that is the remains of Konoha where Naruto fought Pain.

Who wins? Who loses?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-15-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    1) Mori Jin vs Naruto
    Naruto gets rekt, although the Monkey King at least knows that he has been in a fight.

2) Han Daewi vs Sasuke
    As he is right now, Sasuke has a bad time of it. Simply not enough gun.

4) King Uma vs Jyuubi
    I'd be inclined to give it to the Ten Tailed beast, perhaps.

5) Yu Mira vs Killer Bee
    She certainly can hurt him, but he is possibly faster and has greater destructive output. Might well change once she emerges from that tank.

6) The Six (Park Mubong, Na Bongchim, Jeon Jaesan, Seo Hanryang, Kim Doshik, Kim Ungnyeo) vs the Six Paths of Pain
    There are members of the Six that could solo. All six together? Stompity stomp.

7) Lee Soojin replaces Madara in the ninja war and fights everyone he fought in the war.
    Her ridiculous powerset means that she wins everything forever.

Damn, I didn't think this would be as much of a sweep.

What about Genjutsu as a tactic? Not many of the GOH have a noted resistance to illusion stuff. Could change things up a bit?

The Six might well be too much for Pain. That's the most egregious match right there. Six on six parallel felt too good.

Also, any thoughts on Rock Lee vs Daewi?

Okay, well this thread didn't get much traction. I'll give me thoughts on the matches and if it dies a death then so be it.

1) Jin Mori vs Naruto

So, the big guns are throwing down here. Both are ridiculously quick, potential edge to Mori if we can assume that he's on the level of folks like Zeus or Kim Doshik but he's not quite got a the feats for that. What he does have is strength, in spades. Naruto is hecka strong but Mori is quite a bit beyond him. Mori does have the advantage that his clones are a lot more potent than Naruto's. His won't just poof after a solid hit, they are a lot more resilient but they aren't on his level. Hui Mori with extensive buffs exhausted the majority of his power just using the true version of Yeoui in combat.

Naruto's clones, despite their relative fragility, seem to more accurately replicate Naruto's own power. But it seems to be somewhat more of a drain on him to consistently produce them - though this may have stopped being a thing in the latter end of the series.

Hmm...

Naruto does have an arguably superior range game with his bijuu dama and, while Mori is durable as hell, he can't just ignore mountain busting shots. The kyuubi shroud is a good match for the Armour Suit in terms of durability.

The deciding factor is, as it often is with Mori, is Yeoui (AKA: the nyoi-bo/as-you-will-staff/ryuu jingi ban/size changing staff). As a weapon, Yeoui is crazy. It can instantly become long enough to hit opponents in orbit before they can react, can near instantly become large enough that it is around the same size as a small country and requires significant-chunk-of-planet damaging force to even chip it. Naruto does not want to take a hit from that as it will likely kill him.

I think, on balance, I concur with Estrecca. Jin Mori likely wins but he's going to know he's been in a fight.

Ah, I also just remembered Jaebongchim so Mori can just multiply his physical power if required. Yeah, Mori likely takes it.

2) Han Daewi vs Sasuke

I'll spoiler tag this because it is still a very recent twist in the GOH story.

Your secondary top-billed characters to follow. This is a closer match. Since Daewi recently spoilers:
    got the Wisdom of the Jade Emperor and with it his powers to control the fundamental forces of the Universe (Gravity/Electromagnetism/Strong Nuclear Force/Weak Nuclear Force)
    end of spoilers and became a whole load more powerful, Sasuke has to play it very carefully. Genjutsu is his friend here, as are his more esoteric ninja tricks. Daewi is currently a glass cannon, at his peak he's got stupid levels of firepower to throw around and a whole bunch of nasty tricks to bring to the table but, as was noted by Poseidon, he's still physically human. Albeit a stupidly durable human by any metrics but he doesn't have the regeneration or durability more commonly associated with people in his power threshold.

As such, if Sasuke stabs him bad enough, he will die pretty easy in fact.

This thus comes down to speed. Both have thought/sight activated powers that could win the game for them. Daewi can just flatten the area with spoilers:
    super gravity
    end of spoilers or something but Sasuke could also slap a Genjutsu on him. Daewi has almost no speed feats at the moment, annoyingly Zeus didn't actually use his ridiculous speed in his fight against him so we're not fully sure how quick he is.

Might be one for the next chapter but I'd say this is actually pretty close.

Perhaps 6/10 to Daewi because of the sheer firepower he can throw around?

3) The King vs Obito with Jyuubi absorbed.

I'm backing Obito here. The King, much like Daewi, is a glass cannon and hasn't really got that much in terms of speed feats. Hui Mori had to make him work and when he used Jaebongchim to amp his power, he got into blitz territory but it's somewhat ambiguous as to how fast that is within the greater power curve. The King was capable of smacking around Hojosa and King Uma by himself and he had a reasonable, albeit interrupted match against Jin Mori.

Eh, I'd back Obito with the Jyuubi just being able to blitz and smack him about. 6/10 perhaps? Unless I'm blanking on some great King speed feats.

EDIT: Went back and checked. Totally forgot that the King was able to whip Hanryang, Doshik, Soojin and Mujin all at the same time with just his physical stats. **** me, I'm dumb. That's heck speed feats for days right there.

Jyuubito loses.

4) King Uma vs Jyuubi

Now, I love Uma. She's arguably my favourite character in the series so I'll try to remain objective.

Uma is incredibly strong (Class 90ish), very fast albeit lacking a few speed feats to concrete her position in the pecking order, can summon her weapon that allows her to blow up cities by swinging it and that's all while the majority of her power is sealed. Using her true body, she becomes exponentially stronger, can sneeze away dramatically mountain busting attacks and contains an explosion stated to be the force of 50 nuclear bombs in her hand with no damage.

Jyuubi is very tough but I don't think it can match Uma in her true body.

That said, Uma technically doesn't have her body currently. Sealed Uma would give the Jyuubi a run for it's money but would likely lose.

So yeah, clean win either way depending on whether Uma gets her body or not.

5) Yu Mira vs Killer Bee

Argh, the other person who could be called my favourite character.

So, Bee does not want to make this a swordfight with Mira. He's a good swordsman, his strange style certainly helping him out, but he's not quite her level to my mind. Mira has proven, time and time again, that she's able to adapt to strange styles on the fly and will do near suicidal things to win. Plus I think her Sacred Treasure would probably cut through Bee's swords if she uses it with her Lu Bu borrowed power.

On the other hand, Bee has a much stronger keepaway game, ridiculously huge range and destructive power advantages and size and strength. Mira is strong but she's not a Bijuu by any stretch. If Bee fights smart, transforms and just plays keepaway, Mira goes down. 8/10 Bee.

As Estrecca noted, while the parallel theming of having six vs six was cool, this is a bit of a wash. Pain isn't a punk by any stretch but there's way too much raw physical power and AoE going on here for him to win. Hanryang, Doshik and Mubong all have a decent shot at soloing this if they fight smart, the six of them together? Ooof.

Yeah, stomp. Pain could maybe eek out the odd victory if he abuses the hell out of summons, manages to pull off an energy drain on key members and then Chibaku Tensei's the rest of them but it's not likely.

Okay, so that's (initially at least)

- A whole bunch of mooks
    - Tsuchikage
    - Temari
    - Gaara
    - Naruto (ISTR it's only some clones though)

She then goes on to fight the five kages, with no rest for her.

- Killer A
    - Tsuchikage
    - Tsunade
    - Mei
    - Gaara

Well, the mooks don't matter. Madara made short work of them and he's not nearly the physical beast Soojin is.

Yeesh, now I'm thinking about it, Soojin likely sweeps this. Between her poisonous attacks, insane physical stats, ability to reflect attacks on the level of mountain busters, sealing powers on sight and her Pandora armour. Heck, Pandora Armour recently took a hit from the Blade of Tathagata, which was used to cut through most of South Korea and the Okay, this one and others were misjudged.

8) Han Daewi with Ultimate Basics and Design in Seoul only vs Rock Lee. Both are at their maximum determination.

Finally, Lee with his gates vs Standard Daewi.

I'm backing Lee on this one. His attacks are a lot more quicker to get off the mark. Ultimate Basics and even Ultimate Basics Two still require Daewi to combo his opponents to build up energy. Plus, I'm thinking Lee could likely survive if he ate the hit as well.

Daewi does have more options, given his hydrokinesis and Blue Dragon Blast so he's got range but I think Lee is faster with enough gates open so it's immaterial.

Lee likely takes it but it's a crazy slugfest.

In my mind, neither will stay down. They eventually both give up and become friends.

Conclusion:

So... yeah, almost a complete sweep for GOH. I need to find a better match for them. They aren't Toriko level yet, but they are getting there. Back to the drawing board for now though.

Any thoughts anyone? God of Highschool is really good. Check the series out, it's all available legally and for free on Line Webtoon if you're interested.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Thank you for getting me to read another manga, Nik, and please tell me the central character improves (personality-wise) from the first chapter... ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Thank you for getting me to read another manga, Nik, and please tell me the central character improves (personality-wise) from the first chapter... ^_^
    Another convert! Hoohahahahaha!

In answer to your question; a bit. Jin Mori is very much the loveable goof guy. His whole backstory, that you will get to in time, goes a way to explaining why he is the way he is. He still retains a certain amount of "I like to fight people ^_^" but he does focus up and become more engaging as things progress.

Part of it is the tonal shift in the series. Things start off pretty light and comedic and, while it never really loses that sense of fun, once the series hits its stride, it's a lot more serious and engaging. I'd say it's around chapter nine, when the tournament gets going for real that things begin to really pick up and move.

I think you'll find Han Daewi more engaging, he's a very good character and has a really good arc.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm already liking Daewi better, so good call.

Good to know it's chapter 9 where I can start to see things looking up!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Just a minor note: Naruto's Clones are now able to take more than one hit.

Probably not super relevent, but it's there

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Just a minor note: Naruto's Clones are now able to take more than one hit.

Probably not super relevent, but it's there
    Really? I totally missed that.

I read the manga back when it was running and I watched the finale of the anime recently. Sasuke seemed to be treating them like normal clones easy enough. Either way, it helps a bit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Really? I totally missed that.

I read the manga back when it was running and I watched the finale of the anime recently. Sasuke seemed to be treating them like normal clones easy enough. Either way, it helps a bit.
    Yeah, I think they started being able to take multiple hits after he got the kyubi cloak power up. (Though technically, they could take them all the way back to the bell test. )