View Poll Results: How would you rate ANXF #10?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Don't count chickens before they hatch Gambit.

6 21.43%
  • 4 - Self is discouraged

15 53.57%
  • 3 - Best payback ever for screwing somebody's wife

5 17.86%
  • 2 - All rats gotta even Master Splinter

1 3.57%
  • 1 - This gross violation of Mori's civil rights will not stand

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Self is discouraged indeed poor Warlock I care for you.

This issue did wonders for Snow character, he´s becoming sympathetic but also very human, if he indeed decided to leave Gambit behind.

Now this Memento Mori isn´t looking so menacing atm but is´t obvious he has an agenda that may involve more than getting money by legal and ilegal means.

Georgia was great too
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Gambit's mental freakout about Harrison knowing was hilarious!

It was a pretty good issue. I may have more in-depth thoughts in the future.

Snow not knowing that Mrs. Snow had an affair with Gambit implies he only watches footage of combat through Lorna's eye nanocam and doesn't abuse that access to see out-of-action stuff (otherwise you'd expect the rooms have cameras too), but on the flipside, it can be argued that Snow simply didn't get a chance to see any such footage just yet. He's a man of business, not like he can spend every waking hour poring over security footage.

Teleporting everyone out except for Remy can be taken two different ways. One way is that Snow deliberately left him behind for sleeping with his wife, unaware of the actual circumstances. This is relying on Snow as a character that would react emotionally and strong to perceived slights. The other, and I think more likely, way is that Remy was outside the teleportation field. This is relying on a logical, business-minded Snow that realizes it would be foolhardy to throw a valuable asset to the wolves that could be turned against him if things are done wrong, and it would be a sloppy way to get the job done since it raises suspicions for the rest of the team.

I really liked the touch of Memento Mori placing his base in a mall to dissuade hero attacks, and how X-Factor completely disregards any of that. Peter David set that up very nicely as a sign of how this X-Factor differs from the usual hero teams.

Georgia's attitude is nice to see. I think the expected stereotype is for kids to be nowhere near as active or autonomous as she is, and that's a good thing.

Lorna lifting the police cars was still cool, though pretty short. It makes for a good cover, but on the flipside, I see it wasn't a highlight moment of the issue, as the cover kind of implies.

Now that we know the teleportation device really exists, it clears out a lot of the assumptions and questions created by Snow claiming he used a teleportation device to get into Dakei's place. While we know he wasn't saying he had a device as a cover for powers he has, it still leaves the question open as to why he kept it a secret from the team and had them flying around in jets and the like when he has something like that. Even if it's experimental, it's strange he'd keep it secret from a team that might find a need for it if they know it exists.

I'm getting a really, really strong vibe out of Snow's priorities that he's a sneakily invasive person. He puts nanocams in eyes, and he develops teleportation technology that could be used to get into places people aren't supposed to go. From what I'm picking up, that seems to be the core of who he is. It'll be interesting to see how things develop from there.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Those were the best-equipped mall cops I've ever seen.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Those were the best-equipped mall cops I've ever seen.
    Only in the Marvel universe! ... Or, alternately, the United States in 5 years.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member

I wasn't going to get into X-Factor, but damnit, you people. I guess it's only 10 issues in so I can still catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    I wasn't going to get into X-Factor, but damnit, you people. I guess it's only 10 issues in so I can still catch up.
    Come for the writing, stay for the crazy fans? Lol.

I like Georgia more as the series progresses, but she seems a little too informed for such a sheltered young girl.

Ol' Remy should be used to being left behind! Remember Antarctica...

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Linda telling just felt too rushed for me. It was like a tattle tale sprinting to the teacher to go tell on someone. She struck me as a more reserved character so I expected her to have a bit more decorum and to be more tactful by waiting for a private moment to reveal it and not to do so in the middle of a tense situation and with other people around as there are other Serval employees in the room with Snow.
    I still think it was a play on Linda's part. A wedge, one she wants to get Snow all to herself. Gambit is just collateral damage. I think she is in love with Snow, she might not have told him but for her, its her power play to win him.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I agree that I didn't expect Linda to just run to her boss about his wife cheating on him. Couldn't she wait until after the mission?
    I think she was trying to make a play – using a situation to her advantage. She's showing loyalty to Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I think that Gambit being left behind is because he wasn't close enough to the group to be teleported with them...After I read that scene, I thought Harrison was retaliating against him, but I think that would be too obvious. It would be funny if, once the team realizes Gambit is missing, Quicksilver just runs back to get him. And then we'd have a cute moment between the two with Gambit saying "You came back for ME?", and Pietro replying "Of course. I couldn't leave you behind", and then they'd hug and kiss and the book would be completely derailed.
    Too funny!
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It was a pretty good issue. I may have more in-depth thoughts in the future.

Snow not knowing that Mrs. Snow had an affair with Gambit implies he only watches footage of combat through Lorna's eye nanocam and doesn't abuse that access to see out-of-action stuff (otherwise you'd expect the rooms have cameras too), but on the flipside, it can be argued that Snow simply didn't get a chance to see any such footage just yet. He's a man of business, not like he can spend every waking hour poring over security footage.
    And that makes sense and its nice to know that their living quarters are not bugged. Or so we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Teleporting everyone out except for Remy can be taken two different ways. One way is that Snow deliberately left him behind for sleeping with his wife, unaware of the actual circumstances. This is relying on Snow as a character that would react emotionally and strong to perceived slights. The other, and I think more likely, way is that Remy was outside the teleportation field. This is relying on a logical, business-minded Snow that realizes it would be foolhardy to throw a valuable asset to the wolves that could be turned against him if things are done wrong, and it would be a sloppy way to get the job done since it raises suspicions for the rest of the team.
    I think as a business guy, he keeps things close. I also think that with the stolen island it would not have worked at least not without Gambit's cooperation in giving coordinates. Otherwise, they've never really needed the device.

Papa Legba and his daughter aren't doing it for me. This book is coasting through its most recent issues on the stellar work of Di Giandomenico and Loughridge alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Gambit's mental freakout about Harrison knowing was hilarious!
    Funny part about this, he is left behind. Talk about a mental mind screw if Snow didn't mean to and it was Gambit who wasn't where he was suppose to be.
    Last edited by Neko; 07-02-2014 at 03:50 PM.

So...Will Ol' Remy now start thinking about Rogue's offer to join U/A ?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    So...Will Ol' Remy now start thinking about Rogue's offer to join U/A ?
    I hope not. They are better off not together. In #9 he was thinking of going back to the Thieves Guild.
    Last edited by Neko; 07-02-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I still think it was a play on Linda's part. A wedge, one she wants to get Snow all to herself. Gambit is just collateral damage. I think she is in love with Snow, she might not have told him but for her, its her power play to win him.

I think she was trying to make a play – using a situation to her advantage. She's showing loyalty to Snow.
    !
    That's what I thought too. That she's so desperately and abjectly in love with a man she's not secure of, the minute she finds out about his wife, she's bursting to tell him. In a way Gambit was irrelevant. Funny that while Gambit was freaking out about Snow knowing, he actually didn't yet.
    "Self has no time for this."