Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Teen Bobby or Adult Bobby?

This is all I need to know that will affect the buying decision
    I think that it's going to be about both.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that it's going to be about both.
    Based on what was said in the interview about how the Iceman and Jean Grey series allow them to have more breathing room than what's done in Extraordinary, I think it's adult Bobby.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My initial reaction was adult Bobby and young Jean. That being said, we got both announcements before Blue and Gold when All-New X-Men seemed more certain to continue, so that's when I got that reaction. I still think it makes more sense that way.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on adult Bobby. Since that's what was said in the Marvel.com interview.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't think Ellis's tone fits at all unless he's something radically different from either Moon Knight or Karnak. It just doesn't fit Bobby's personality.
    Well, seeing as I'd like to build off the Frozen arc, Ellis's tone would fit, because, in that, the actual Bobby is quite apathetic, and sarcastic, in nature.

Still, Gaiman would be my ideal pick.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet on adult Bobby. Since that's what was said in the Marvel.com interview.
    Keeping with the theme of "RessurXIon", I would be surprised if they didn't follow up on Romeo and Teen Bobby. I think Teen will co-star with Adult Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Keeping with the theme of "RessurXIon", I would be surprised if they didn't follow up on Romeo and Teen Bobby. I think Teen will co-star with Adult Bobby.
    I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Teen Bobby was featured in the book

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Teen Bobby was featured in the book
    Hopefully he stays far away. Real Bobby needs his time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Hopefully he stays far away. Real Bobby needs his time to shine.
    Oh, I agree. I just wouldn't be surprised.

For all the arguments that say the O5 are the same characters as the older/adult versions, I just can't bring myself to agree with that line of thinking. To me they're not the same at all. They're younger versions, sure. But they're experiencing things differently and becoming their own characters. Which is great for them, but they're not the characters I grew up reading and made connections with. So for me, they're not the same and I hope to read mostly only about adult Iceman in this solo.

For all the arguments that say the O5 are the same characters as the older/adult versions, I just can't bring myself to agree with that line of thinking. To me they're not the same at all. They're younger versions, sure. But they're experiencing things differently and becoming their own characters. Which is great for them, but they're not the characters I grew up reading and made connections with. So for me, they're not the same and I hope to read mostly only about adult Iceman in this solo.
    Agree with this so much.

I've always felt the same way about the O5.

do you not like him? I actually like all the young O5. Young Hank is actually better than adult Hank to me. I prefer the solo to be about adult Bobby but Im fine with young Bobby appearing. I want to see them interact together bc Marvel really hasnt done much on that front which is a shame considering how unique this situation is. Cyclops is the only one they've really taken advantage of

On a side note, I need to see Warren meet Archangel. That would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    do you not like him? I actually like all the young O5. Young Hank is actually better than adult Hank to me. I prefer the solo to be about adult Bobby but Im fine with young Bobby appearing. I want to see them interact together bc Marvel really hasnt done much on that front which is a shame considering how unique this situation is. Cyclops is the only one they've really taken advantage of

On a side note, I need to see Warren meet Archangel. That would be interesting
    I like him, he was my favorite part of Bendis' All-New X-Men before I stopped reading it (because young Bobby started to fall into the background as per usual). I was hoping to see so much more of the friendships between Iceman, Angel, and Beast in that book and I was severely disappointed. My own fault I guess. My point being.. that Iceman.. or any of the other young O5... to ME.. may as well be from a different universe, not the 616. Because of their circumstances, they've developed emotionally, physically, and mentally different than their older selves did. And I grew up reading their older selves and made connections with the experiences that THEY had. So to me, they're different people. Different characters.

But thank you for bringing Angel up because I REALLY hope Iceman goes looking for the "Real" Archangel. That storyline had so much potential in Wolverine and the X-Men and Aaron just dropped it, saying that Iceman just has to come to terms with Angel being who he is now. Bobby wouldn't just "come to terms" with something like that when it comes to his best friend.