Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Witchfinder: City of the Dead

Very happy to see Stenbeck on art. I love the look and feel of the first arc

The Claw of Justice!

Yay! This looks fun.

Amazing Member

I'm a little bit confused, but who is on colors on this mini?
    I was sure, that it's Dave Stewart (as usual), and this cover confirms this.
    But in DH press release and recent solicitations Michelle Madsen is mentioned.
    Whom to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    I'm a little bit confused, but who is on colors on this mini?
    I was sure, that it's Dave Stewart (as usual), and this cover confirms this.
    But in DH press release and recent solicitations Michelle Madsen is mentioned.
    Whom to believe?
    It's Michelle Madsen. That cover credit is an error.

Amazing Member

Thanks for the reply, Mark. Do you know, why they won't use Dave?

No, I can only speculate. I do know that Ben's doing this series in ink washes and Michelle's colouring them.

Fantastic Member

Witchfinder: City of the Dead #2 (of 5)
    Mike Mignola (W), Chris Roberson (W), Ben Stenbeck (A), Michelle Madsen (C), and Julián Totino Tedesco (Cover)
    On sale Sept 28
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Miniseries
    After narrowly surviving an attack by risen corpses in a London cemetery, Sir Edward Grey follows his only lead to a dead end, but the Heliopic Brotherhood of Ra may be able to reveal what is behind the undead.
    image.jpg

Dave go very busy with other works, that's why he's not coloring new Witchfinder mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    Dave go very busy with other works, that's why he's not coloring new Witchfinder mini.
    Thanks, Alise

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

More Witchfinder is always welcome.

So, what'd you all think?

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

I really enjoyed this one. The flashes to the various charms was a very nice touch that put a smile on my face. And the fact that Grey is in London, and the Heliopic Brotherhood is involved makes me wonder if we'll be leading up to Edward's final case sometime soon.

And lest I forget, I was very impressed with Stenbeck's art this issue. Bravo, team!

Spectacular Member

definitely a major step up from Roberson's last outing in BPRD, and I'm certainly glad to see that will not be the norm of his output since he's essentially taking over for Arcudi as the Mignolaverse's primary scribe. however I will miss Kim Newman and Maura McHugh's dialogue from Unland, they really captured the "Britishness" aspect.

I'm slightly mixed on the first person narration, on the one hand it fits the Holmesian detective vibe they're going for but it does also make the book very wordy, but that's a minor quibble. Overall interested to see more and I definitely like seeing Grey's antagonism with the Brotherhood of Ra fleshed out, he really could use a primary nemesis. Oh and Stenbeck's on point as always.

This surpassed my already high expectations going in. I'm glad to have Ben back on the title. He was most certainly talented to start with when Witchfinder launched (still my favorite arc), but he clearly is improving on that. My only nitpick isn't really one at all. I wish Dave Stewart was on the book.