Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1140
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    What run/issues was this
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/x-men...08/characters/

Just a quick question. I’m going to have my artist draw Dani for me. The problem is I can’t figure out which costume/uniform to use. I don’t know what her most popular one is. I alsways liked her X-Force one a lot, but wanted to know everyone else’s favorite? Can anyone provide me a couple of alternatives?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Just a quick question. I’m going to have my artist draw Dani for me. The problem is I can’t figure out which costume/uniform to use. I don’t know what her most popular one is. I alsways liked her X-Force one a lot, but wanted to know everyone else’s favorite? Can anyone provide me a couple of alternatives?
    dani moonstar.jpg

This one, just change yellow for another color

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Considering her current status quo, it's not that surprising. Hopefully, this is just a sign they have other plans for her, along with Magik, Karma, Wolfsbane, & Strong Guy.
    The last two reboots to the X-lines are really disappointing to me. The above characters are so under-served by Marvel.

Dani needs to be repowered already. How long has she been without powers 10 years our time? I hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    We were just talking about the a couple of pages back. I liked the X-Force one, except for the impractical amount of skin showing. Dani always struck me as the type to dress practically for battle and wear practically nothing the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post

This one, just change yellow for another color
    That costume was the only good thing to come out of Young X-men. And I agree, the girl has got to get away from the yellow. It's so generic.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    The last two reboots to the X-lines are really disappointing to me. The above characters are so under-served by Marvel.

Dani needs to be repowered already. How long has she been without powers 10 years our time? I hate it
    It's insane. Dani's never been treated so badly as she's been since M-Day. New Mutants v3 was good, but that's all she's had. She's never been in limbo so long as she has been since that run ended.

I found X-men 102, still looking for her other appearance. I chopped out most of the vision Dani had because it didn't have anything to do with her.

Xmen102a.jpg

Xmen102b.jpg

Xmen102c.jpg

She also makes a one panel appearance at the end, but she doesn't say or do anything so I didn't add it. It is, however, the 3rd scene I've found with Dani and Archangel where they don't acknowledge each others existence. This is becoming a bit of a game for me. Silly, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I found X-men 102, still looking for her other appearance. I chopped out most of the vision Dani had because it didn't have anything to do with her.

Xmen102a.jpg

Xmen102b.jpg

Xmen102c.jpg

She also makes a one panel appearance at the end, but she doesn't say or do anything so I didn't add it. It is, however, the 3rd scene I've found with Dani and Archangel where they don't acknowledge each others existence. This is becoming a bit of a game for me. Silly, I know.
    Lol funny to imagine a silent shade between those two

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol funny to imagine a silent shade between those two
    I haven't found a single scene where they look at each other, let alone talk. I'm finding far funnier threshold I should.

Anyway, I been working on a bit of fan art. It's so a WIP and not a great photo, but I thought I'd post it, anyway.

AngelPsyche .jpg
    Last edited by Arachne; 09-17-2018 at 05:51 PM.

It's insane. Dani's never been treated so badly as she's been since M-Day. New Mutants v3 was good, but that's all she's had. She's never been in limbo so long as she has been since that run ended.
    I've changed my mind. The late 80's and 90's were just as bad or worse for Dani. She might have appeared more often, but her stories kept getting cut short.

First she gets possessed and causes all sorts of destruction, but we never get to see her reaction to that because she's written out of the book.

Then she "falls screaming from the sky" (and Brightwind turns black) when she leaves Asgard, but we never find out why because Jeph Loeb took over writing and wrote her out again.

Next she joins the MLF to stop Reignfire/Sunspot, but we didn't find out what lead her to go undercover, again because she was written out.

Then there was that whole debacle with the quantum powers all because the telepaths were supposed to lose their powers in the Psi-War. (The power loss ended up lasting less than a month, IIRC.)

Finally, when she becomes a teacher, we find out her powers are fading, but we don't find out why or even get her reaction to the situation because M-Day happens.

Maybe things aren't so bad, right now. Dani really needs some writer TLC, though.

Finally, when she becomes a teacher, we find out her powers are fading, but we don't find out why or even get her reaction to the situation because M-Day happens.
    I can answer that one Dani's valkyrie powers were fading because Asgard was destroyed in ranarock and she lost her psi weapons and quantum powers when she stopped the queen of the star swords from collapsing the multiverse into a single reality, but her original mutant powers were fine.

You could be right, but that's not how I recall it. The New Mutants Yearbook (or was it New X-men by that point?) said her mutant powers were fading. It seemed like a new storyline, to me, but we never got it.

Anyway, point is, the quantum stuff is the only story she had back then that got resolved, and it should never have happened in the first place. Even in v.3, the only plotline she had resolved was her relationship with Sam, but at least she got the Valkyrie powers back. Not that everything needs to be resolved, but we don't get Dani's reaction to what she's been through, and that's bugging me tonight, for some reason.

I just really hope this trend doesn't continue with Danilock.

You could be right, but that's not how I recall it. The New Mutants Yearbook (or was it New X-men by that point?) said her mutant powers were fading. It seemed like a new storyline, to me, but we never got it.

Anyway, point is, the quantum stuff is the only story she had back then that got resolved, and it should never have happened in the first place. Even in v.3, the only plotline she had resolved was her relationship with Sam, but at least she got the Valkyrie powers back. Not that everything needs to be resolved, but we don't get Dani's reaction to what she's been through, and that's bugging me tonight, for some reason.

I just really hope this trend doesn't continue with Danilock.
    She had so much potential :/

She still does. She just needs a writer that has noticed that potential.

I haven't found a single scene where they look at each other, let alone talk. I'm finding far funnier threshold I should.

Anyway, I been working on a bit of fan art. It's so a WIP and not a great photo, but I thought I'd post it, anyway.

AngelPsyche .jpg
    This a nice piece of art. Good job Arachne

Thank you. Hopefully, I'll have time to finish it on the weekend.

So, Nate's back. Will he help his former girlfriend and teammates? If he's gone all Shaman again, I'd think he'd have the power to de-Warlock them.