Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I was talking about New Mutants: Dead Souls by Rosenberg. Moonstar won't join the team, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't see her, Sunspot, or Cannonball in the book according to Rosenberg. He might have said more about Moonstar on his Twitter, because I've know people have been asking, but I can't find anything else.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...37445604970498
    How can you possibly have a New Mutants reunion without Dani joining the team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Yeah, its disappointing. Especially because Dani isn't being used anywhere else outside of cameos.

This team feels more like the original X-Force than the New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, its disappointing. Especially because Dani isn't being used anywhere else outside of cameos.
    I keep hoping she's not in it because someone else has plans for her. A fair hope, but still.

It's pretty ridiculous that she's not in a NM book subtitled "Dead Souls".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    ... I keep hoping she's not in it because someone else has plans for her. ...
    That was my first thought actually, that she's unavailable & on hold, for somethin' else that's already in the pipeline. Somethin' that specifically surrounds her getting her Mutant powers back, maybe? That would be cool, I'd be REALLY into that.

Of the "Dead Souls" roster, I do like Rictor quite a bit tho, and am considerin' checkin' it out for him mostly.

Regarding Rosie(berg), there was also this Moonstar centric eXchange, that same day:

https://twitter.com/JoeCaramagna/sta...00098951950336
    Joe Caramagna
    @JoeCaramagna

Where’s my Dani Moonstar comic, Rosenberg?!

7:32 PM - 1 Dec 2017
    Matthew Rosenberg
    ‏@AshcanPress - 1 Dec 2017

I have a couple hundred on my bookshelf if you want to borrow some Joe.
    Joe Caramagna

I forgot to say “new,” didn’t I? 😉
    Matthew Rosenberg

You did.

This team feels more like the original X-Force than the New Mutants.

more like X-Factor

I'm starting to think Marvel has a policy against Dani and Rhane appearing in the same book.

BANNED

A pretty nice pic of a custom fig I found, that I would hope Marvel Legends comes closer to, when they finally do officially release one for her. Compared to what was originally gonna be offered I mean, a while back, but didn't happen for whatever reason:

A stylistic, kinda 90's Dani, by Pasqual Ferry:

And another beautiful, STUNNING, Sienkiewicz piece:

BANNED

Speaking of:

SyFy.com, WHY the NEW MUTANTS: The DEMON BEAR SAGA WAS SO GROUNDBREAKING

Native American characters are highly under-represented in a comics—and, well, everywhere—so featuring a story about a young Cheyenne woman in the early '80s was an unusual choice for a mainstream comic. Even now, when you look at the overbearingly white-centric output of both creators and characters in mainstream American comics, seeing Danielle Moonstar on covers as the co-leader of the team and as a complex, fully fleshed-out character is amazing. There are suspect choices in the comic, though; two white people are “turned into” Native Americans by the Demon Bear, which is uncomfortable to say the least and doesn't make any sense for the story. Despite this, Dani Moonstar has always been one of my all-time favorite X-Men characters—but unfortunately, since the original New Mutants series, there simply haven't been enough equally powerful stories featuring this amazing character.

We see in the first pages of "The Demon Bear Saga" that we are in a comic where the format's rules no longer apply. The art is scattered, blotchy, erratic. Comics are generally known for their specifically bright coloring schemes, but the colors are almost too bright, too glaring—all reds and yellows. Dani hides under a blanket that seems sentient as it dissolves into an image of the Demon Bear's face. Every smile looks somehow sinister, including and especially those from authority figures. No one appears to believe Dani when she tells them of her nemesis, which adds to the horror element. In a scene that still gives me chills, Mirage finally decides that enough is enough, and she calls out the Demon Bear, demanding that it finally face her. The Demon Bear obliges, appearing as a massive, hulking monster with glowing eyes and gnashing teeth. In their first battle, Dani is paralyzed and nearly killed. While she recovers, the story gets increasingly tense as she teeters between life and death while her teammates are sucked into the reality of the Demon Bear, called the Badlands.

In the first pages of New Mutants #20, we see a map with large portions blacked out with ink, indicating how much of what surrounds these teenagers is under the complete control of the Bear. The team has the fight of their lives. While they emerge triumphant, the shift in tone would resonate throughout the series. Once the sentimental heart of the X-Men, The New Mutants became the story of a group of teenagers who could no longer trust adults, who were thrust into experiencing the horrors of death and mortality. This series was never the same lighthearted romp it had once been after "The Demon Bear Saga."...

... As a Magik megafan as well as a Mirage megafan, their interactions in this story are highly valuable.

In its time and place, there wasn't anything like this story. It would later be referenced by several early Vertigo writers and artists, and is now considered one of the most highly influential comics stories of all time.

BANNED

Haven't seen this image before:

... and REALLY like how it portrays the use of her Mutant abilities.

Looks cool. What's it from? Looks like a deck builder.

Looks cool. What's it from? Looks like a deck builder.
    It is: Marvel Legendary- X-Men expansion (I think)
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Neat. I didn't know the New Mutants made it into the game. Too bad I'm not interested in playing it. (Although I do like solo deck builders.)

BANNED

Yeah, I'm not too interested in actually playin' it either, more of a video game person myself. Still, it does look pretty cool. And with that X-Men eXpansion adding the likes of Polaris, Dazzler, Northstar & Aurora, Banshee, Psylocke, Cannonball, Longshot, Havok, Jubilee, X-23, Kitty P., etc., as (MarvelDBG.WordPress.com, X-Men) Playable Characters, they certainly took care of some major M.I.A.'s for me. With my most wanted big guns already made available (Jean, Iceman, 'Angel, 'Crawler, Gambit, Magneto, etc.), I'd basically only need Dani, Sunfire, Rictor, & Monet brought on board, and I'd pretty much have my perfect X-roster to toy around with. There's a few stragglers I'd still like to see, but about all my must-haves would be covered then, I think.

Huh, just noticed Wanda & Pietro haven't been included yet either, as playable characters... weird.

BANNED

Came across this, and it struck my fancy:

Other Legendary cards from the New Mutant 'set':

Still like Dani's most, and think it's the best one, artistically.

And another Moonstar card altogether, from the same game, I think: