Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who do you kill?

BE RUTHLESS

Nearly every thread I follow says the same thing: There are too many X-Men. X-students. ex-X-Men. Nostalgia keeps them around. Writers destroyed them. New blood! Essential X-Men rosters, fan-favorites, writer's pet characters.

I've got funeral fatigue, but ya'll are bloodthirsty.

Given the enormity of the X-Office, who do you remove? And tell us WHY.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Glob fucking herman
    ed we get it you like him stop putting him goddamn everywhere
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Anyone over the age of 24. Let's see if the franchise still has relevance for social awareness or if it really is just another superhero book.

Glob lives

Colossus, because it seems his biggest contribution to the franchise since resurrection is laying some pipe.

Banshee, since I'm convinced he only came back because someone started shooting up and hid the pipe in a reprint of Giant-Size.

Jean, because LOL.

Doug because, why?

Not a fan of most resurrections, I guess. Otherwise, deaths should be dependent on what the individual stories need, and they should be handled with respect and care.

Pretty sure using Glob is a win-win for Brisson. He uses a character he likes and gets to savor our pain at the same time.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Xavier, his dream is outdated, he hasn't been relevant to the franchise in a long time, and his character journey is as complete as it needs to be.

Magneto, for similar reasons to Xavier. Let some new perspectives lead the opposing mutant camps.

Wolverine, he has so much contradictory continuity he's practically a parody, I also just plain don't like him.

Storm, I don't think she should die, just move outside the X-books for a while. Let us miss her and bring her back only when a writer has a strong story for her.

Angel, because he bores me and his story has gotten ridiculously repetitive.

Havok, we don't really need a lesser version of Scott, he's never really wanted to be a superhero anyway. Retire him.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's harder to choose than I thought it would be. In general I'm usually content in just not reading about characters I don't like or am tired of, and it's rarely an issue.

The Death of Storm could be fun.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Beast. Let him go out on a truly heroic sacrifice, something world-saving even, as befits a founding member of the X-Men and a long-time Avenger. But still kill him.

- Even though he's on an upswing character-wise, he's still had a really REALLY bad decade, and his self-awareness is too little, too late. Plus it's more tragic to off a character who's just starting to find his way again.
    - He's respected across multiple superhero cliques - his death could actually be impactful
    - Writers rarely know what to do with him and he too often defaults to the random smart guy, highly educated in the field of Science! And the X-Men have a lot of those. And some of them are quite a bit more entertaining (let's get Kao, Nemesis, and Jeffries back on that, OK?).

Havok

Scott is coming back and even when Scott was here he was still next to nothing. They've tried everything from having him pine after his brothers heartbroken wife to inverting him as some kind of pseudo villain to even giving him a kid with Waspy. Goodbye Alex.

Sad part is his departure wouldn't even make that much of a fuss in the long run. Here's just worthless. Maybe if he'd stayed as Lorna's arm candy...Nah she NEVER deserved that.

Honey Badger and she'd go out by making one of those squishy toy sounds

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Honey Badger and she'd go out by making one of those squishy toy sounds
    Not before we get Old Lady Gab.

Astonishing Member

Half of the Claremont characters. They say they want to use the newer characters but the classics are in the way kill half the classice for a year build they younger generation. (I'm including Logan in this so he can get a proper return that isn't a amalgamation of classic wolverine storyes held together by duck tape)

Rogue so Gambit can finally be free of her.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Not before we get Old Lady Gab.
    Old Slag Gab

Mighty Member

I'd give each X-Man a number then used a random number generator to determine who dies until the roster dwindles to half.