Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1140
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    well that's. Pretty well known The ACDC album makes sense aesthetically making the movie promo pic even more absurd
    But going by your original post concerning it, it didn't seem like you knew. And not at all, IMO, when the correlations between the two are taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I really like Dani. She's a character I've always gravitated towards but never knew much about. It's like someone catching your eye when you're doing errands, but life turns your head and says "snap out of it" and you just forget that person, until by chance you see them again. Psych I've mostly seen in passing, but I remember loving what little I knew. Right now I'm reading the New Mutants from the 80s and I like her just like I thought I would, and then some.
    Thank you for your encouraging words, Sain. More support like yours, for Dani's relative par eXcellence, is ALWAYS most welcome - GOOD on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But going by your original post concerning it, it didn't seem like you knew. And not at all, IMO, when the correlations between the two are taken into consideration.
    I don't think there's much correlation between the two besides the mimicked poses The album cover is taking the the nickname of a stretch of road infamous in Australia for car fatalities as literal, juxtaposing the schoolboy uniform of the guitarist with demonic features, while at the same time poking fun at the public's opinion Rock music being a tool of Satan, besides featuring some of the best Rock Music Ever, the real haunting aspect is the untimely death of the lead singer(on the right smiling necklace...pentagram Black shirt) few days later
    The New Mutants are just apeing the body poses

BANNED

I believe the intent lied with there being...

... correlation between the two... (with) the nickname of a stretch of road... as literal... while... poking fun at the public's opinion... (of Mutants, in story) being a tool of Satan...
    The New Mutants are just apeing the body poses
    It is indeed a mock-up, but one built around the nature of the film, and the themes it supposedly lends itself to. Not just the premise itself tho, but the characters of 'Yana, Dani, & Rahne in particular, with their 'scary' power-sets and/or backgrounds/histories. Fear, spirituality, Belasco, Limbo, werewolf, religious doctrine, etc., all = traditional horror elements, in their own way, which the film is trying to sell itself as.

More than the matching body poses, I took note of who = who. 'Sisters' Magik & Moonstar in place of brothers Angus & Malcolm Young, for instance, seems to make the most of any association that might be available.

TBH, I think you're just fishing for further eXcuses to throw "shade." I'm also aware of Bon Scott's sad fate & untimely demise BTW, but believe it was months later, not days.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-22-2018 at 05:31 AM.

I was looking forward to The New Mutants movie the most this year. It was supposed to come out a week after my birthday and I had everything planned last year (and I'm not a planner person by any means so that's saying a lot). My friends had no say in the matter. I enjoy the mass popularity of all the superhero action movies, but deviating from the norm and adding horror elements really appeals to me. Action/Adventure and Horror are my favorite genres and when combined successfully, I'm a happy camper.

As for the comic counterparts, it'll be interesting to see how deeply impacted they become after the TO virus ordeal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I was looking forward to The New Mutants movie the most this year. It was supposed to come out a week after my birthday and I had everything planned last year (and I'm not a planner person by any means so that's saying a lot). My friends had no say in the matter. I enjoy the mass popularity of all the superhero action movies, but deviating from the norm and adding horror elements really appeals to me. Action/Adventure and Horror are my favorite genres and when combined successfully, I'm a happy camper.

As for the comic counterparts, it'll be interesting to see how deeply impacted they become after the TO virus ordeal.
    I was looking forward to it because the first trailer made it seem like "this is another horror movie" but with the twist that it had mutants. I thought the idea of "normalizing" the movies into a routine theme could actually make them more accessible and less bogged down by the comics. Take the formula of any hollywood movie and just add the mutants to it.

It is indeed a mock-up, but one built around the nature of the film, and the themes it supposedly lends itself to. Not just the premise itself tho, but the characters of 'Yana, Dani, & Rahne in particular, with their 'scary' power-sets and/or backgrounds/histories. Fear, spirituality, Belasco, Limbo, werewolf, religious doctrine, etc., all = traditional horror elements, in their own way, which the film is trying to sell itself as.
    I doubt Magik and Dani's "sisterhood" will be explored. This promo was before they did massive reshoots to make ur scarier so eh? It's a flimsy correlation
    TBH, I think you're just fishing for further eXcuses to throw "shade." I'm also aware of Bon Scott's sad fate & untimely demise BTW, but believe it was months later, not days.
    Ha there's so much shade I can throw this is just eyerollingly marketing b.s. to grab as much fluff buzz and "kewlness"

I'm also aware of Bon Scott's sad fate & untimely demise BTW, but believe it was months later, not days.
    Ah I guess Zarga is there to stand in for the demise if Sunspots blackness...that correlation actually makes sense

Thank you for your encouraging words, Sain. More support like yours, for Dani's relative par eXcellence, is ALWAYS most welcome - GOOD on you!
    Hahah, thanks. Can't wait to read more.

BANNED

I was looking forward to The New Mutants movie ... I enjoy the mass popularity of all the superhero action movies, but deviating from the norm and adding horror elements really appeals to me. Action/Adventure and Horror are my favorite genres and when combined successfully, I'm a happy camper. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I was looking forward to it because the first trailer made it seem like "this is another horror movie" but with the twist that it had mutants. I thought the idea of "normalizing" the movies into a routine theme could actually make them more accessible and less bogged down by the comics. Take the formula of any hollywood movie and just add the mutants to it.
    Much of this is what got my attention and piqued my interest, as well. I echo your sentiments, and think it's necessary, in order to separate & standout from the increasingly larger pack. To go the distance & survive, movies featuring people with special abilities must truly diversify, so as to distinguish themselves.

... As for the comic counterparts, it'll be interesting to see how deeply impacted they become after the TO virus ordeal.
    I'm anXioulsy eXcited myself, how it'll play out. And hopefully, get rectified.

... Ah I guess Zarga is there to stand in for the demise if Sunspots blackness...that correlation actually makes sense
    Oh IDK, I think Marvel publishing already took care of that like what, some 25-30 years ago.

... Ha there's so much shade I can throw...
    This, I feel we can agree on, and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Hahah, thanks. Can't wait to read more.
    You're welcome, and glad to hear you're enjoying it so much.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-23-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Oh IDK, I think Marvel publishing already took care of that like what, some 25-30 years ago.
    Ha Ha ha Touché
    This, I feel we can agree on, and call it a day.
    Okay okay lol I dig your Moonstar knowledge and thoughts. It's sorta frustrating thinking back as a kid reading her character progression into a Bad Ass Native woman in New Mutants and XForce and seeing how little Marvel has done to promote/cement the character. With a shade aside if anything I hope the New Mutants movie brings attention back to Dani and she gets the storylines she deserves

BANNED

... Okay okay lol I dig your Moonstar knowledge and thoughts. It's sorta frustrating thinking back as a kid reading her character progression into a Bad Ass Native woman in New Mutants and XForce and seeing how little Marvel has done to promote/cement the character. With a shade aside if anything I hope the New Mutants movie brings attention back to Dani and she gets the storylines she deserves
    ThanX, BH. I feel ya, it's damn shameful how she AND most the others have been treated, which is neglected. This is my hope as well, not just for her, but all of them. They all deserve the same attention Magik's gotten, in recent years, at the very least. The best thing this movie could do, is help see to that, by raising awareness for each & everyone of them... in a positive manner.

WhiteQueenEmmaFrost & Heroine Addict - Well here's to hoping for a successful New Mutants movie! *cheers*

But yes, I agree with what's been said that Illyana has gotten the most pushed out of the group. She and Dani have always been my top two favorite New Mutants, but hopefully the others will have their time by the time the movie comes out.

I think most writers love to use Illyana bc there really arent too many characters like her. She has a very intresting backstory and she herself is quite unique and not too many other characters fall into the same archetype that she does. The other NM are a bit more "generic" in that regard and stand out far less than Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think most writers love to use Illyana bc there really arent too many characters like her. She has a very intresting backstory and she herself is quite unique and not too many other characters fall into the same archetype that she does. The other NM are a bit more "generic" in that regard and stand out far less than Magik
    I meeeeeeean there's a plethora of Blonde chicks in the MU but I agree about her unique backstory

I meeeeeeean there's a plethora of Blonde chicks in the MU but I agree about her unique backstory
    She isn’t used bc she has blonde hair

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She isn’t used bc she has blonde hair
    Just pointing out that other New Mutants have her beat in areas of uniqueness