Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Oh, I completely believe that, but I need scans for future arguments against Hel's Valkyrie ; )
    Her Age of X showing was great, Siege was amazing, and Utopia New Mutants was great for her. I need her kicking some more Ares butt again >: D
    I only recently ordered those books. (Age of X too oddly enough) I haven't read much of Dani's later day Valkyrie appearances.

Did you read any of the short-lived FEARLESS DEFENDERS comics?
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Fearless_Defenders_Vol_1_1

It was canceled rather hastily but it featured Dani (in her Valkyrie role) and Misty Knight (badass private investigator) with other heroines in an Asgardian based story
    I only found about it recently...
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Dani should've been nu Captain America.

YES!!!

Only, I guess it would be Moonstar of the First People - no stars and bars for Dani

Northern-Cheyenne-flag.jpg
    Northern Cheyenne flag
    Last edited by sungila; 07-25-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

BANNED

Just white and blue pallete then. Her shield would be perfect.

Do you think she needs a helmet, sungila? Valkyrie powers are still hers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post

Just white and blue pallete then. Her shield would be perfect.

Do you think she needs a helmet, sungila? Valkyrie powers are still hers, right?
    I don't know if she'd need the helmet. I think she still has her Valkyrie powers but I haven't read any of the 'New Defenders' and I think that's where Dani last appeared in any comics.

I'd rather see her with wrapped warrior braids, no helmet...a war shield with the Cheyenne flag and no formal affiliation to the Avengers.
    The American Indian identity in X-Books deserves a real place in the current line. Dani is perhaps the closest to a well-rounded, well-realized American Indian in X-books...that wasn't always the case, but over the years and by sticking to her as a central figure in the diverse mix...she grew beyond the stereotypes (to a large degree) and become a person who is Cheyenne as opposed to just an Indian (who could talk with animals and referred to whites as 'white eyes') - there was an important NM issue when the kids are all watching a John Wayne film hollering for him to 'kill the injuns' and they realize by way of Dani's withdrawal how wrong that whole 'John Wayne' ideal is. John Wayne and Captain America has a lot of the same essence about them as American Icons. Thankfully we have seen Cap America grow beyond that...I hope.

The treatment of Indigenous peoples in X-Books has always been a sensitive issue for me (lots of mistakes have been made but I've always respected the intent and the commitment to keep at it and keep getting better) ...so, it's sad to see the modern books ignore or regress so much of the ground that was made with Dani, Forge and Alpha Flight in particular...and currently there are no American Indians featured in any of the major X-books.
    Last edited by sungila; 07-25-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    This post made me laugh too much!!!!!!!! Congratulations. May Hela present you and Dani a boon of awesomeness
    Dread Hela, great queen of the dishonored dead this puny mortal request that, thy angel be granted a mini series where she finally confronts the Demon Bear and learns its secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Yay to Dani! Here's to hoping she gets put in a book soon.

Some one supports the NRA!

Even cable would say "Girlie, you have too many guns!"

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Some one supports the NRA!

Even cable would say "Girlie, you have too many guns!"
    He's just jealous of the fact that she is strong enough to carry several tons of weapons and ammo without taking steriods.

Dani Moonstar vs Demon Bear by Daniel Govar

Peter v nGuyen

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic_Totality View Post
    I am reading Claremont's run on New Mutants for the first time, and I have to say, Moonstar is the stand-out character by far. I love how strongly she defends herself and her independence, giving herself a different look to the other New Mutants. The issue where she stands alone against the Demon Bear was a masterpiece of storytelling and art, and I love how strong-willed and courageous she is to face the thing she believed killed her parents by herself. I am sensing similar strands in how Claremont writes Danielle compared to how he wrote Storm, which I believe is somewhat deliberate. I mean, I know how badass she is without powers currently, but going back to her first appearances really solidifies that aspect of her personality, and her willingness to take charge.

A great character. I agree, she is being criminally wasted in limbo.
    Agreed, Dani is definitely the standout character in The New Mutants. One of the most believably human characters that Claremont's ever written, as she switches between rebellious teenager, maternal "big sister" to Rahne, cool-headed leader in contrast to Sam's lack of confidence. As with most of the New Mutants apart from Cannonball, she's been pretty much relegated to limbo since that book finished. Sure there's been the odd appearence here and there, but no-one's quite spent the time developing her character that Claremont did.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Dani Moonstar vs Demon Bear by Daniel Govar
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Peter v nGuyen
    Wow! Again Juan, yet again...these are beautiful portraits of Dani.

I was thinking about Moonstar and about her being a mutant, not a mutant...a Cheyenne and a X-Man...an orphan but not an orphan...a child and never a child...
    That got me going through books by Linda Hogan, a Chickasaw writer and friend whose writing speaks to so much of what I feel to be Dani's saga, her motivation and her transcendent courage in manifesting the vision...the essence within the mirage...for fighting to honor both the great spirit that encompasses her and the intimate spirit of her own being...

“There are ways in, journeys to the center of life, through time; through air, matter, dream and thought. The ways are not always mapped or charted, but sometimes being lost, if there is such a thing, is the sweetest place to be. And always, in this search, a person might find that she is already there, at the center of the world. It may be a broken world, but it is glorious nonetheless.”
    ― Linda Hogan from her memoir 'the Woman Who Watches Over the World'

Any thoughts on where Dani might end up next? There was talk at SDCC that she'll be returning to comics soon.
    Where would you like to see her most?

In the meantime more great Dani Art:

359d982ab8ea1c99fffed9c8e617abdf.jpg
    http://andretoma.blogspot.com/

Moonstar-Phil-Jimenez-women-of-the-x-35686698-600-413.jpg
    Phil Jimenez

3766900-moonstar1.jpg
    Andy Khouri

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Any thoughts on where Dani might end up next? There was talk at SDCC that she'll be returning to comics soon.
    Where would you like to see her most?

In the meantime more great Dani Art:

359d982ab8ea1c99fffed9c8e617abdf.jpg
    http://andretoma.blogspot.com/

Moonstar-Phil-Jimenez-women-of-the-x-35686698-600-413.jpg
    Phil Jimenez

3766900-moonstar1.jpg
    Andy Khouri
    fantastic Art Sungila Thanks

Dani should be leader of the xmen

I'd like to see her on X-force or X-men