Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    BANNED

A few more I found, that I like, and I think are fairly representative of how I 'see' her:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    ... I understand from a creative point of view how such power would be too unwieldy for most writers. ...
    And therein lies the rub, it's a fine line to walk, and somethin' MANY (if not most) of the X-Women suffer from: the potential to be too OP'd. It's not an accident tho, it was done intentionally & with purpose, for legitimate reasons (at the time) IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    A few more I found, that I like, and I think are fairly representative of [I]how I 'see' her:
    This second image isn't Dani. I think it's from Alpha Flight.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

And therein lies the rub, it's a fine line to walk, and somethin' MANY (if not most) of the X-Women suffer from: the potential to be too OP'd. It's not an accident tho, it was done intentionally & with purpose, for legitimate reasons (at the time) IMO.
    While I agree many of the X-Ladies are highly powered, Jean still gets plenty of play. Dani and Ororo haven't had great stories in a looooooooooooooong time, and writers constantly depower them, either literally(by Forge's gun or M-Day), or as is often the case with Ororo, just neutering her for no legitimate in-story reason.

BANNED

This second image isn't Dani. I think it's from Alpha Flight.
    Yes & no... apparently?... Marvel.Wikia.com, Danielle Moonstar (Earth-1610)

I was confused, too, and still am kinda. Wanted to post it sooner, but was reluctant to do so, for this very reason. Guess it is her, but an alt version codenamed 'Snowbird'. And yes, from AF, it seems.

While I agree many of the X-Ladies are highly powered, Jean still gets plenty of play. Dani and Ororo haven't had great stories in a looooooooooooooong time, and writers constantly depower them, either literally(by Forge's gun or M-Day), or as is often the case with Ororo, just neutering her for no legitimate in-story reason.
    Jean seems to be now, but her supposed younger self notwithstanding, has been M.I.A. & declared 'dead' (for all intents & purposes) over the last decade or so. And the reasons for doing so, are likely the same as to why Dani & Ororo's development has apparently been circumvented & suppressed also, IMO. While I feel misogyny (and racial prejudices, too) possibly played & still plays a part, the live action rights issue, was probably the predominant factor. No eXcuses now tho, if there ever were, so let's hope for the best & see what happens.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-14-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Yes & no... apparently?... Marvel.Wikia.com, Danielle Moonstar (Earth-1610)

I was confused, too, and still am kinda. Wanted to post it sooner, but was reluctant to do so, for this very reason. Guess it is her, but an alt version codenamed 'Snowbird'. And yes, from AF, it seems.
    Oh, I remember that now. From the tail end of Ultimate X-Men when they were all high on Banshee(a mutant stimulant drug Moira was producing and selling to fund her Muir Island research center). I guess she can count for a visual inspiration for your desired look for Dani.

While Jean was dead for a long time, Jeen and Emma filled her spot as premiere X-Babes, not to mention Magik and Hope. And Kitty actually, in the most recent times. I think my point still stands. Ororo and Dani should be large and in charge, but they've been pushed to the margins.

BANNED

... I think my point still stands. Ororo and Dani should be large and in charge, but they've been pushed to the margins.
    GLARINGLY!... Unfortunately... so you'll get no argument from me on that, only shared dismay. AND an added voice to call for changes, that address what has become a SERIOUS problem, within the once hallowed halls of what was/used to be... our beloved House of Ideas.

GLARINGLY!... Unfortunately... so you'll get no argument from me on that, only shared dismay. AND an added voice to call for changes, that address what has become a SERIOUS problem, within the once hallowed halls of what was/used to be... our beloved House of Ideas.
    I had hoped it was the CompleX keeping the X-Books (and Ororo/Dani, et al) down, and that the Disney acquisition will turn things around, but then I learned more about Isaac Perlmutter, and I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Dani was one of the few good things about the last New Mutants series and was arguably the headliner throughout the 50 issue run. Idk why she hasn’t stuck in the way that Illyana has.
    It was implied that Cyclops was grooming her as his successor. It’s a shame no one followed up with that

BANNED

I had hoped... that the Disney acquisition will turn things around, but then I learned more about Isaac Perlmutter, and I'm not so sure anymore.
    Oh, most definitely, there's MUCH cause for concern with that one! The LAST thing we need to do is get complacent, and start counting our chickens before they're hatched, just based off the acquisition alone.

BUT, given what recently transpired between Feige & him, I'm gonna say the former has more clout now. And looking back through it all, IDK, I kinda get the inkling that... pissy Perlmutter's days, may just be numbered. I'm of the mind that more & more will come to the same conclusion Iger & Horn did, that icky Ike's just not good for business, and needs to go. Let 'im try & sail off into the sunset, I say, as his ship continues to sink - good riddance, to bad rubbish!!

BUT, given what recently transpired between Feige & him, I'm gonna say the former has more clout now. And looking back through it all, IDK, I kinda get the inkling that... pissy Perlmutter's days, may just be numbered. I'm of the mind that more & more will come to the same conclusion Iger & Horn did, that icky Ike's just not good for business, and needs to go. Let 'im try & sail off into the sunset, I say, as his ship continues to sink - good riddance, to bad rubbish!!
    lol, that's cute. Perlmutter is friends with Trump and a multi-billionaire. I think we all know who has more power.... Feige's got Marvel Studios, sure, but the comics are not under his control. Ike is pretty old, so that's a plus, but I have a feeling his influence will continue well after he's gone. He's the one who brokered the Disney acquisition of Marvel in the first place, after all.

BANNED

lol, that's cute. ...
    Glad you thought so. To be more specific, I was talkin' creative control, and well... things change, sometimes for the worse, but sometimes... for the better. And where some see influence, others see none. Or at least not as much, as some would have you believe.

Glad you thought so. To be more specific, I was talkin' creative control, and well... things change, sometimes for the worse, but sometimes... for the better. And where some see influence, others see none. Or at least not as much, as some would have you believe.
    It's good you still have hope. Hold on to that!

BANNED

It's good you still have hope. Hold on to that!
    The way I'm wired, as ever the optimist, doesn't leave much choice. There's really no alternative anyway, for me, as giving up on it would be tantamount to admitting defeat. So yes, I will continue to have faith in the goodwill of fate, AND humanity's capacity for it as well... winning out, in the end.