Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

She was Scott's choice to take his place as leader

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    fantastic Art Sungila Thanks
    Thanks Jaun

Here's a personal favorite portrait of Dani. She's Cheyenne, but more importantly, she's was a girl, a young woman and now a woman...it's great when indy artists take that to heart and break the mold of the typical exploitative sensuous 'squaw' stereotype
    dani_moonstar_web.jpg
    jessehamm.com
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Jesse Hamm is a gem when it comes to art. I long for an X-gig by his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Dani should be leader of the xmen
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I'd like to see her on X-force or X-men
    lol. Leader of the X-Men - that's not a role I'd wish on one of my favorite characters...
    X-Force, when it's good, has a dark violent tone that I'm not sure I'd like to see Dani caught up in now that her character could use some solid ground and real progression
    X-Men would be an interesting place for a few appearances...she certainly belongs in the mix of an all women x-team.

There was a time when with or without mutant powers X-Men were X-Men. It's too bad that Dani and Storm have never had panel time to share the many similarities in their storylines. Dani should have an arc like Storm's LIFEDEATH (which Zeb Wells sort of did but didn't get a chance to take all the way)...and Storm and Moonstar have more than just that in common.

I hope Dani shows up in Storm's solo...maybe in X-Men too.

Secretly, I want her to make a leap into an Asgard/Earth616 comic featuring a team of Marvel mythic heroes...fighting in the spiritual/mystic/magical/mythological/cosmic realm...but based on good ol' Earth in continuity with Marvel U.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Jesse Hamm is a gem when it comes to art. I long for an X-gig by his hands.
    Completely agree! It'd be great to see a fresh style like this in an ongoing.

Honestly, I'd like her to show up in Loki: AOA. Ewing's knocking it out of the park, and if like to see her connection to Hel explored. She's kind of the Agent of Hel now, after all.

Which artist do you think best defines Dani's appearance? I can't seem to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Which artist do you think best defines Dani's appearance? I can't seem to decide.
    That's a hard answer to give just one to. Dani has grown so much over the years and she's had so many different 'looks' to fit the different stages and roles in her life. Also, she has inspired a bunch of amazing stand alone art outside the comics...ah, it's just too hard to pick one. Here's one to start, a panel that speaks volumes.
    I was looking for an image that illustrates the 'whole' Dani : in word, spirit, action and body. IMO they're all one and her best moments are when the creative team really illuminates the powerful presence she manifests throughout the decades as she grows and changes - yet, continuously maintains her strength as a brave soulful - stubborn and inspiring woman.

From New Mutants Vol 3 (words by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning with thanks to Zeb Wells for his work prior to this issue which is incredible and essential to this moment. Art by David López and Álvaro López Colors by Val Staples)
    newmutants33-dani.jpg

IMO, THIS is Dani. She's her own woman...a self-made leader. From her first appearance, right on through; she has challenged the ideals and agendas of Xavier, Cable, Magneto, Scott and every would be designer of who she should be and what she should believe or stand for. Time and again Dani has forged her own path - through the schisms and divides of the post M Day fractures of the X-Men - through the personal struggle of losing her power and redefining herself...from feeling as though she failed as a teacher to her charges...finding that perhaps her failure was not her own, but the whole 'way of the X-Men' that has always trained their mutant students as conscripts in battle...she is a protector and a warrior but a woman of few words and few allegiances beyond her personal sense of duty, honor and faith.

Here she speaks to the divisions of the X-Men, the cloudy purpose of Xavier's dream and the personal responsibility she has always faced to not just lead but to be the example and the change she wishes to see in the world.
    Dani deserves a place and a voice in the X-Men. Her presence could be such an important part in redefining who they will be as the age of divisions and civil disputes gives way to a new identity.

I hope other fans will share some of their favorite moments in Dani's story. There's thousands of important panels - tons of great writing and art to recall. I just hope we get more soon.

Good answer.

When I think of Dani, I still think of this classic image:tmp_dani moonstar733558564.jpg

She's grown up so much since then, though. I'm having trouble deciding which artist best depicts her now.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm hoping to get the Sims 4 demo and Dani had always been the first sim I make.

Steve Kurth.

Good answer.

When I think of Dani, I still think of this classic image:tmp_dani moonstar733558564.jpg

She's grown up so much since then, though. I'm having trouble deciding which artist best depicts her now.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm hoping to get the Sims 4 demo and Dani had always been the first sim I make.
    I have no idea what Sims 4 demo is but Bill Sienkiewicz will always be the 'classic' standard for the young new mutants. It's true though they have grown up and Dani is a woman now, not the teenage kid she was.

Here's a great recent sketch of Dani by Marc Laming

2556225-dani_moonstar_by_monkeymarc_d4gdila.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Steve Kurth.
    His Age of X Dani is amazing! Every Moonstar fan has got to read Age of X! Mike Carey and Steve Kurth did amazing work on that title! The Moonstar cadre would make a great ongoing team.
    Moonstar.jpg
    1717256-aox011.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if I can combine these images, somehow... They're all so much like her.

And Sims 4 is a life simulation game coming out in September. The character design system is amazing.

Hmm, I wonder if I can combine these images, somehow... They're all so much like her.

And Sims 4 is a life simulation game coming out in September. The character design system is amazing.
    That sounds like a great idea. Combine them all and make your own!

I got the demo, at last. I'll post pics when she's ready.

We really need a topic of discussion here.

I may do more tweek before I upload her, but here she is:

DaniSim.jpg
    Last edited by Arachne; 08-12-2014 at 01:06 PM.

I got the demo, at last. I'll post pics when she's ready.

We really need a topic of discussion here.

I may do more tweek before I upload her, but here she is:

DaniSim.jpg
    That's definitely Dani! Great work Arachne!

As far as a topic for discussion goes...I have a few questions about Dani's role in books I haven't read and was hoping for some suggestions.

1. Fearless Defenders - I haven't found anybody who has read this series and was thinking about picking it up anyway because it's the last book Dani was featured in. Anybody read this?

2. X-Force (Vol. 1) - I skipped this series and never went back to check it out. Dani is featured throughout the second half. Is this worth checking out beyond the summaries?

3. Outside of New Mutants Vol 1 & New Mutants Vol 3 what are the best Dani arcs in comics?