Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

I loved her psi-arrows and would love to see them return

BANNED

Never mind, found it:

... and now remember posting a larger version (I think) myself, lol, some pages back - jeez!

BANNED

Nope, it became reduced somehow I guess, back on page 43. But it's from this, anyway:

... so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Nope, it became reduced somehow I guess, back on page 43. But it's from this, anyway:

... so it's all good.
    I am getting some serious nostalgia.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Speaking of, yet another favorable sign that she could be Astonishing's mystery, 6th member, is her connection to THAT big boy:

... Oh, and... ^speaking of potential signs, or signals, as it were.
    What, no pic of the near kiss?

(How's James being written these days? I thought he got a little boring after he left the Hellions. Maybe tame would be a better description.)

As I've said before, I've got mixed feelings about the psychic arrows, but I do like that they give her targets a little more privacy in their terror. That said, I really miss the illusions. They allowed writers a way to add a little extra depth to even minor characters. And the stunts she could do with them were really cool, too.

Glad you like the chibi.

This is awesome news, and I'm REALLY likin' the idea. It makes perfect sense, and would be unique to Dani, regarding the return of her Mutant abilities.

This would almost suggest, I think, that those said powers lost on M-Day... were merely suppressed, and not ever gone/removed completely? IDK, maybe not.

Also liked the tension brewing between Moonstar & Magik, in ish #4. Which would be real, sorta, if your theory is correct. And GREATLY look forward to the inevitable showdown, if so. Especially, if it and the...

spoilers:
    ... possession...
    end of spoilers

... lead to her being permanently repowered.
    If Dani's powers were supressed she would have still shown up on cerbero. After M-day Beast discovered that there were 2 types of ex-mutants, those who lost their x-gene and their physical mutation, and those who only lost their x-gene and kept their physical mutations. My guess is that Dani kept her physical mutation and just needed a catalyst to activate it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    ... As I've said before, I've got mixed feelings about the psychic arrows, but I do like that they give her targets a little more privacy in their terror. That said, I really miss the illusions. They allowed writers a way to add a little extra depth to even minor characters. And the stunts she could do with them were really cool, too. ...
    I like the idea of her psionic weapon being projectile, 'cause it sets her apart. So what other alternatives are there to the bow & arrow, ya think?

I like the idea of her psionic weapon being projectile, 'cause it sets her apart. So what other alternatives are there to the bow & arrow, ya think?
    Im not sure it really sets her apart bc other psionics utilize those as well including Psylocke, teen Jean and Quentin Quire

I mentioned it on here before but I want her to get a psimitar like Cable had that allows her to channel her to absorb and channel psionic energy into physical form. It gives her a melee weapon while upping her offensive capabilities

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    If Dani's powers were supressed she would have still shown up on cerbero. After M-day Beast discovered that there were 2 types of ex-mutants, those who lost their x-gene and their physical mutation, and those who only lost their x-gene and kept their physical mutations. My guess is that Dani kept her physical mutation and just needed a catalyst to activate it.
    OK, that sounds alright. However it works, I'll just be SO psyched if she gets her powers back, it probably won't matter much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure it really sets her apart bc other psionics utilize those as well including Psylocke, teen Jean and Quentin Quire...
    Really, I hadn't noticed, how so? I thought Betts still stuck to the up-close combat of knives & swords, mostly. While the other 2 would opt to use their TK, for such things. Did any of them fully form psionic weapons, that in RL are considered to be projectile? Guns probably, nothin' like a sling or spear, I bet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    So overdue for Mirage to regain her powers and get back on a team. What is up with Marvel and denying us fans of the wonderful 80's younger leading ladies (Mirage, Magik....) becuase they kick butt and are such interesting characters with fascinating power sets. I do not understand it. Hope we get Mirage back soon!
    I endorse this ARDENTLY!

Really, I hadn't noticed, how so? I thought Betts still stuck to the up-close combat of knives & swords, mostly. While the other 2 would opt to use their TK, for such things. Did any of them fully form psionic weapons, that in RL are considered to be projectile? Guns probably, nothin' like a sling or spear, I bet.
    Psylocke primarily uses melee weapons but she's done a psi-bow and arrow as well as a crossbow

Quentin's used psi-guns

BANNED

Psylocke primarily uses melee weapons but she's done a psi-bow and arrow as well as a crossbow
    Lame! That's a direct ripoff of Dani, and I don't like it. To be fair tho, pretty sure Moonstar's mimicked her psychic knife too, quite accurately. Back in the late 90's, or so. Is that B&A in the pic of TP nature, or TK?

... Quentin's used psi-guns
    Not surprised. Same question, TP based, or more Green Lantern-like style TK? Or even Dazzler, and her hard light weaponry, that she's been known to create.

Mighty Member

I like that Dani is a psionic character with a wide variety of mid level abilities that combined can be devastating: Animal Telepathy, empathy, psionic weaponry, illusions, and death sense. I would love if she could use all of her powers together as her ultimate attack or defense. I also wish she would use her illusion abilities more offensively like invisibility or camouflage. I really hope she is used on the regular in a book real, real soon.

Lame! That's a direct ripoff of Dani, and I don't like it. To be fair tho, pretty sure Moonstar's mimicked her psychic knife too, quite accurately. Back in the late 90's, or so. Is that B&A in the pic of TP nature, or TK?

Not surprised. Same question, TP based, or more Green Lantern-like style TK? Or even Dazzler, and her hard light weaponry, that she's been known to create.
    Its TP. He shot Jean in the head with it