Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Uuuuummmmmm..... I am SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER into the color schemes in that fanart posted above. And the dope body language Dani's giving, leaning on Fesi is perfection.

Dropping my own fanart into the thread.

Dani's and Yana's friendship was always one that I treasured -- from their team up against the Hellfire club in the 80's to Dani being one of Yana's singular visitors while in the X-brig to their GORGEOUS not so distant interaction in All New X-Men reminiscing about breaking Magneto's curfew. Love them as solid buds.

https://twitter.com/cpfokken/status/1019340996511961088

Wow, that's amazing, Fokken. Pro level stuff.

BANNED

DITTO!! So much personality comes through, Fokken, for each of the characters pictured. From 'Yana's awkward reluctance, to Dani's joy in not taking no for answer, to Xi'an's nonchalant evenness, and Guido's always well-meaning goofiness. It's stylistic, and recognizably so. Love the lil' details too, like Dani's SHIELD phone, and 'Yana havin' Tabby GTFO - TOO funny! I could easily see these designs bein' the basis for a New Mutants animated series. And what I wouldn't give/who I wouldn't do, for THAT!! MEGA props for bringin' this over, to lift our spirits, and MUCH thanX for sharin' your considerable gifts. May you be rewarded for your thoughtful act(s) of kindness, and the relative happiness you & it, bring & brought about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ... their GORGEOUS not so distant interaction in All New X-Men reminiscing about breaking Magneto's curfew. Love them as solid buds. ...

I always found it interesting that Illyana tells Dani stuff she won't tell Kitty. (As mentioned in NM v1#18.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I always found it interesting that Illyana tells Dani stuff she won't tell Kitty. (As mentioned in NM v1#18.)
    Unlike Kitty who subconsciously saw her as the innocent child she first met, Dani had only ever known the teenage Illyana.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    YUS YUS YUS!!!!

And omg thank you for the kind words. Nearly brought me to tears.
    This means the absolute WORLD to me that anyone is finding something adjacent to happiness in my work. I am so grateful you noticed all the TLC I tried to put in for each character. Really rewarding !!!!!!
    Yes.
    I've always felt/wanted she and Dani to be besties. Yana idealized Kitty -- she put her on a pedistal, whereas the relationship between Dani and Yana felt much more like peers who respect each other.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-23-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Yes.
    I've always felt/wanted she and Dani to be besties. Yana idealized Kitty -- she put her on a pedistal, whereas the relationship between Dani and Yana felt much more like peers who respect each other.
    Now that I think about it, there was a similar problem with the Dani/Rahne dynamic. Dani was more of a big sister (or even a mother) to Rahne than a best friend. I like the Dani/Illyana relationship much more. I always did, actually, I just never thought about why, until now.

BANNED

YUS YUS YUS!!!!

And omg thank you for the kind words. Nearly brought me to tears.
    This means the absolute WORLD to me that anyone is finding something adjacent to happiness in my work. I am so grateful you noticed all the TLC I tried to put in for each character. Really rewarding !!!!!!...
    Thought you'd like that, my way of sayin' thanX. You're most welcome, and I'm heartened to hear our goodwill is mutual, so right back @ ya.

Say, would you mind if I grabbed that image of just Dani & 'Yana, and posted it here for posterity's sake?

BANNED

... I've always felt/wanted she and Dani to be besties. .... the relationship between Dani and Yana felt much more like peers who respect each other.
    ... I like the Dani/Illyana relationship much more. I always did, actually, I just never thought about why, until now.
    We're all in simpatico on this. The affinity between them, is much preferred, to that of the other suggestions. They're equals, and their banter & comfort with each other, reflect that.

BANNED

Could be nothin', but could be somethin', Dani fans:

http://emertainmentmonthly.com/index...l-recap-x-men/
    ... A question was asked if there were plans to bring back any de-powered mutants. While Cebulski wouldn’t say much, he did mention “there are plans”.

... It was asked if there were future plans for Majik soon, as the New Mutants series is ending. Rosenberg said that Majik will continue to appear, though he can’t reveal how yet. He added that the end of New Mutants will change things. ...
    Keep in mind, also, the last ish was delayed by 3 weeks. Maybe some last minute plan changes?

Could be. Cebulski did once say that an original NM reunion was his dream project, so we've got an ally, there.

BANNED

It'd go a LONG way to redeeming him in my eyes, after that mostly lackluster panel yesterday, that's for sure. Whatta dud, that was, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Thought you'd like that, my way of sayin' thanX. You're most welcome, and I'm heartened to hear our goodwill is mutual, so right back @ ya.

Say, would you mind if I grabbed that image of just Dani & 'Yana, and posted it here for posterity's sake?
    If you've a way to do so, you are more than welcome to "grab that image"